Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Would Obama have won if he was...

White?

I am not trying to cause trouble, but I think a lot of the vote for him was, a Republican backlash, and the fact that he could get most of the minority vote.
    It's just entertainment!
    Lost in Mexifornia (Irvine, CA)

“We’re the dark matter. We’re the force that orders the universe but can’t be seen,” - JSOC Navy SEAL
    The US Navy might introduce the GAU-19 to the Iranian Navy speed boats, like a shot across the bow.

vCash

Re: Would Obama have won if he was...

I think it would have been over before McCain got Palin to be his running mate

James Carville could have beaten McCain IMHO

Now that James has had a mental collapse over this oil deal...McCain could beat him in 2012 though.

vCash

The best way to find out is to make McCain the Man again in 2012. If it was such an outrage in 2008....he should be able to send Obama back to Chicago.

vCash

McCain was pushing it age-wise then, IMO. no way he'd make it in 2012

vCash

McCain would chew you age hata's ears off in a cage match.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Obama won because of the anti-republican sentiment and because of McCain's age. The media created a "need for change" hype and Obama provided the ratings. He had practically no experience even combining his time in both the US and IL legislature.

Obama received over 94% of the black vote. You can't get more than 60% of the people in this country to agree on anything....except racial issues in minority communitities. The ironical thing is, when polled the typcial black voter considers themselves evangelical which contrasts the ethical stance Obama took on the controversial issues. I know several "conservative" black people who flat out said they voted for Obama so they could see the first black president.

Short and sweet - if Obama was white, he would not even have been a candidate in the Democratic primary. Haven't you noticed that anyone who disagrees with him on anything is labeled a racist? The media has not held him accountable for anything...and he has been a carbon copy of Bush!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Oh, and it didn't help that McCain couldn't even get the support of his own party!

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    The best way to find out is to make McCain the Man again in 2012. If it was such an outrage in 2008....he should be able to send Obama back to Chicago.
    Absolutely right. Best viewpoint on President Obama so far.

That said... is there any doubt he swept the minority vote? I know it's stupid, but a LOT of people voted on black versus white in 2008. Some say "at least they voted..." IBTD
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

vCash

it is as racist to vote for him because he's black as it is to not vote for him because he's black.

i stole that but from where,i don't remember.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by texaspokieokie View Post
    it is as racist to vote for him because he's black as it is to not vote for him because he's black.

i stole that but from where,i don't remember.
    Enlightening!
    I'm not really Serge Ibaka: I was born and raised in Green Country and not in the Congo. But I do like giraffes.

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ddub0224 View Post
    Obama won because of the anti-republican sentiment and because of McCain's age and because the prospect of Sarah Palin in a position of power scared a lot of people ****less. The media created a "need for change" hype and Obama provided the ratings. He had practically no experience even combining his time in both the US and IL legislature.

Fixed.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

is Palin as veep more scarey than pelosi as speaker ???

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

looks, pelosi is way scarier. ideology, pelosi is WAY WAY scarier.

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by texaspokieokie View Post
    is Palin as veep more scarey than pelosi as speaker ???
    Both are scary to me.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

Pelosi can **** ** **** .......actually, wouldnt even *** ***

vCash

How come nobody ever talks about the white part of Owebama....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Because then they're not being controversial and edgy. By skirting the issue of race, they can say "I'm not racist, but..." which usually precedes racist statements...

Oh, and Palin in ANY elected office is scary. She should stick to makin' bab... actually, no, she shouldn't do that either. Can she cook? I mean, not to be sexist or anything...

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

The only Democrat I've ever voted for was Kennedy, because he's Irish, am I racist because I wanted an Irish american to be president? However, I voted for Regan because he was Irish and Conservative. I guess that's racist because he was a Conservative.
    TEXAS IS GOD'S COUNTRY---IF YOU'RE AN ATHEIST

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    How come nobody ever talks about the white part of Owebama....
    Thats funny! Because no one ever considered him Half white until he became president - now Whites want to claim him. 99.9% of the time - if you have a little black in you then you are considered all Black - Most blacks in America are not full black - If police are profiling people - I am sure they do not say - "Wait - he is only half black - don't stop him." It is funny because now they even want to change the census to add "half white" as a race. But the fact will still remain in the perceptions of most people - a little black makes you a full blood Negro.

But to answer the thread question - I am sure a lot of people voted for him because he was black - but he was also democrat - most minorities vote democrat anyway. If Michael Steele ran for president - I am sure many blacks would not have voted for him - Including me!
    Last edited by Shakadoodoo; 7/22/2010 at 12:34 PM.
    "Those who circumscribe your circumference, control the diameter of your thinking!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

why must most minorities vote democrat? free money? gotta love that.