View Poll Results: Who is the hottest Sooner of OU womens basketball?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Krista Sanchez

56 59.57%
  • Whitney Hand

38 40.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Finale: Hottest of OU womens bball

So, which one of these Sooners will replace SF.com's beloved smiley as victor of this final poll?

OK, so I haven't cleared that with the mods, but perhaps with some pressure some things could be set in motion. Here's how we got this far:

I can't say that I expected you all to vote these two into the final round. In fact, when I was ranking the original eight, I had Krista at 3 and Whitney at four (with Sherri and Stacey, the two most-requested Sooners for photos on here, as the top seeds). But, you ask and you shall receive!

Krista Sanchez

Stats: 6-1 forward from Springdale, Ark. Played for OU from 2003-2007.
    Career averages: 2.7 ppg, 1.4 apg - .257 three-point shooting average
    On SF.com: One of the most requested Sooner alumni in womens basketball discussions and will likely just be more requested now. First thread reference in March 2006, entitled "Krista Sanchez or Stacey Dales-Schuman?" View the fun here.

Whitney Hand

Stats: 6-1 guard from Fort Worth, Texas. Played for OU from 2008-present.
    Career averages: 9.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg - .375 three-point shooting average
    On SF.com: One of the first mentions was November 2007, when she faced a Dallas Maverick in a three-point shooting contest at her high school. The video showed her telling the kids that she was going to OU, to which some booed. View the thread here. The video link no longer works, so view the fun video here.

Voting time!
    Just so we don't have to stare at dorky Landry next to Whitney all week, I have other pics that I will be posting throughout the week of both Whitney and Krista... holy cow, Landry is a big dork. Tomorrow's pics are some cute ones of both interacting with younger fans that will make you wish you could vote for both.

Oh... voting! Unlike past rounds, you may only vote for one. Forget Twilight's Team Edward/Team Jacob, you have to be on either Team Krista, or Team Whitney. However, voting is anonymous so nobody will ever know, except the mods, I guess.

One week from now, this lengthy debate gets settled. And wow, was it lengthy, so don't expect another one in the near future, and participate in this one while you can!

vCash

Re: Finale: Hottest of OU womens bball

Krista!

Whitney is good looking but in a cute, friendly way.

vCash

Awwww... already 3-nil??? Have you guys forgetten about the Superman pic?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mad Dog Madsen's Avatar
    vCash

I'm forced to go with Whitney in this one...

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Still love the superman pic but have to go with Krista.....daaaaammmnnnn
    “This is Oklahoma. If you don’t win championships, that’s considered a failure.” Travis Lewis

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Krista looks like every blond sorority girl I've ever seen. Whitney has a unique and attractive style all her own. Whitney without a second thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NormanPride View Post
    Krista looks like every blond sorority girl I've ever seen. Whitney has a unique and attractive style all her own. Whitney without a second thought.
    Yes, but putting Hand as the hottest OU women basketball player seems like a stretch. She wasn't even the undisputed hottest player this year IMO.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Yes, but putting Hand as the hottest OU women basketball player seems like a stretch. She wasn't even the undisputed hottest player this year IMO.
    Wait a sec... who else would have you nominated from the team this year? Carlee? Lauren? Abi? She beat them all in the first round

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    Krista!

Whitney is good looking but in a cute, friendly way.
    Yep. Dales should have been the other choice here.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

Dang it - stop making this poll lopsided! It has to last a week!

<sigh> maybe I'm just not trying hard enough. Here, have a fun Whitney story:

Quote Originally Posted by Landry Jones' grandfather
    He's dating that young Hand girl, Whitney. Her training is tight. They don't get to spend a lot of time together. I know that Whitney bloodied his nose playing 21 on the basketball court. It was just the two of them. He complained, so she said, 'You're in my territory now.' Now they just play beach volleyball. They put that restriction on themselves."
    you can read the rest of the interview here. They talked to his grandparents from Granite, Oklahoma for a local paper.

vCash

So when are you going to do a hottest softball player? I'm sure you could go through the rosters and find some candidates.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    So when are you going to do a hottest softball player? I'm sure you could go through the rosters and find some candidates.
    I probably could, but this is way too much time and effort, so if my heart's not in it, I'd probably not do the team justice. After OU football, my favorite OU team is womens basketball and the rest aren't even close (even though it was fun to watch OU baseball in the CWS).

I did this to promote interest in the team during the football/basketball offseason. Interestingly, it's drawn more interest in womens basketball here than two straight Final Fours, it seems. I was slightly concerned that the team/coaches would hear about it and hate it, but I've received no such feedback, nor heard of anyone else saying anything negative. So, kudos to everyone

But you all better be back in the fall when the next womens basketball season starts.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Seamus's Avatar
    vCash

The Scotch-Irish contingent has to go with Krista.

Chernobyl? Meh. Krista makes me melt down!
    8timechamps: The thought crossed my mind too. But, I'm too lazy to go back and reference every play from all the games. So, I'm just going to say "I agree", and if you're wrong, then let me be the first to call you a moron.

KantoSooner: More of this crap from the nanny generation. Wearing a Michigan shirt should earn you disdain or a beating on the playground, not administrative action. It's no wonder the youth of today are all pussies.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

This is the age old Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate. Normally, I'm a big Mary Ann supporter, but I've gotta go with Ginger on this one.

Try to be a bit nicer to Landry - the previous poll was linked to a message board for Artesia Bulldog fans.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NMSooner'80 View Post
    Try to be a bit nicer to Landry - the previous poll was linked to a message board for Artesia Bulldog fans.
    Ooo, link plz?

I just looked up a board and found these:

It sounds like even if we're having fun at Landry's expense, they're good people if they're getting rid of Tebow's cover

http://artesiabulldogs.proboards.com/index.cgi

Got a couple of Sand Ags and a Longhorn, but for the most part they're OU fans (mainly because of Landry, but OU also has some history with Artesia kids in the past).

vCash

Day two of voting is about to begin. As such, another round of pictures:

Sherri's teams are always incredibly involved in the community, from being available to fans for autographs (that Krista pic is from the 2005 Baseline Bash) to visiting children's hospitals to mission trips (that Whitney pic is from the 2010 Mission of Hope to Haiti). Just another reason to love the team besides hotness

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Seamus's Avatar
    vCash

Whitney reminds me of Lindsay on CSI NY, though cuter.

Last edited by Seamus; 7/7/2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: derp -- forgot the text
    8timechamps: The thought crossed my mind too. But, I'm too lazy to go back and reference every play from all the games. So, I'm just going to say "I agree", and if you're wrong, then let me be the first to call you a moron.

KantoSooner: More of this crap from the nanny generation. Wearing a Michigan shirt should earn you disdain or a beating on the playground, not administrative action. It's no wonder the youth of today are all pussies.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mad Dog Madsen's Avatar
    vCash

I see no resemblance...