Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Do any of you Okie people...

enjoy Summer with its heat, mugginess, mosquitos and mowing?

I'm done with it. And it doesn't officially start until tomorrow (6/21).
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: Do any of you Okie people...

I wanta move north during the summer
    the winters aint bad
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Tomorrow is the longest day of the year. At least the hot-a$$ed days start getting shorter by a minute a day after Monday.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Wild West Wench
    vCash

Yeah, Florida ain't much fun this time of year either. But at least we didn't get 14 inches of snow at Christmas...except, wait, I was in OK for that...weather sucks.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySooner View Post
    Yeah, Florida ain't much fun this time of year either. But at least we didn't get 14 inches of snow at Christmas...except, wait, I was in OK for that...weather sucks.
    Smartazz 147" this year.
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hi 84, Low 56 here in San Joaquin County. I need it to be Hi 90s Low 60s for my tomatoes to reach peak performance and taste.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

Speakin of Maters jaun . ive had mine planted fer almost 2an 1/2 Months gots lots of green one , How long before they get ripe ?

Will Ya send some one to pick em fer me ?
    TIA
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

F that noise.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Meh, I don't mind. I spray the yard for bugs and that mostly keeps them in check. Dealing with sub zero winters is enough to make anyone wanna move south.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Oklahoma is lot like Korea. Single digits in the winter, triple digits and humidity in the summer...and everyone detests the US president.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

97 degrees here says it feels like 111 with 50% humidity and a Dewpoint of 77

Wild West Wench
    vCash

Oklahoma is colder than a welldigger's *** in winter, hotter than hell in summer, always windy, and let's not forget the giant tornadoes...but we have a DAMN GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM!!!! BOOMER!!!

And after all these years away, I'd move back tomorrow. The best thing about Oklahoma...Okies.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

I'm slowly remembering that I hate it. Being sweaty for months straight is no fun.

As an aside... thread title reminded me... when did it become the norm for Oklahomans to refer to themselves as Okies? When I moved away the first time, it was considered a pejorative term. To my eyes and ears it still is. Right after I moved here last year, some woman asked "Are you an Okie?" I glared at her when replying that I was an Oklahoman.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySooner View Post
    Oklahoma is colder than a welldigger's *** in winter.
    It really isn't - spend a Winter in Winnipeg and get back to us on that.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    Oklahoma is lot like Korea. Single digits in the winter, triple digits and humidity in the summer...and everyone detests the US president.

So Oklahoma is a lot like North Korea? Sweet.

Who plays the role of Kim Jong Il, Sally Kern?

Wild West Wench
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerInKCMO View Post
    lol, I know, it CAN be cold, but it usually warms up pretty quickly. We did 4 winters in Rhode Island, that's close enough to Canada for me, you're right, it's frickin' cold.

vCash

I'm slowly remembering that I hate it. Being sweaty for months straight is no fun.

As an aside... thread title reminded me... when did it become the norm for Oklahomans to refer to themselves as Okies? When I moved away the first time, it was considered a pejorative term. To my eyes and ears it still is. Right after I moved here last year, some woman asked "Are you an Okie?" I glared at her when replying that I was an Oklahoman.
    Merle Haggard made the term "Okie" acceptable. God Bless Him.

Srsly though, I suspect there are still a few high-toned Okies that consider "Okie" pejorative. I say they need to get over themselves.

"Okie," IMHO, is a synonym for folks who spit in disaster's eye and do the things they have to do to provide for themselves and their kin...no matter how many curve balls fate pitches.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

i can deal with the heat and mosquitoes because it means that it stays light until 9 o'clock, going to the lake, all my friends are back in town, and lots of cold beer to wash down with them AT the lake. i love summer. <3

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

True story.

Worked 8 months in Cleveland, OH, fall through winter and barely into spring. That was the first time this Okie saw 38 inches of snow firsthand. Above my frickin' belly button. Being a cable guy at the time, it was nothing to be hanging 20 feet off the ground in a set of climbers for hours on end. And the snow never left. I drank more beer that winter than a sailor.

Come Christmas time, I leave Cleveland at a nasty 15 degrees. I'm dressed accordingly, carhartt overalls, mink oiled boots, longhandles, a sweatshirt, and a hat. Never missed a beat up in the wilds of northern Ohio like that and literally worked for hours outside. I actually got to the point that I enjoyed the brisk temperatures and for a cold weather loving guy like myself, work was actually nice. As I got off the plane at Will Rogers, I found OKC at a scorching 38 degrees.

And as soon as I walked outside, I froze my *** off.

23 degree difference, and I'll be damned if OKC wasn't colder by far.

Whatever that's worth.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Look at the bright side, at least you have spring. In Portland we got 5 inches of rain in May, I've seen the sun about 5 times in the last 60 days, and I think I saw Edward from Twilight riding his bike by earlier today.