Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner Starter
    vCash

Joe C comments on realignment

Sorry if it's not deserving of it's own thread but,

It's being reported (via twitter) that Joe C confirmend to the Tulsa World late this morning that SEC has shown interest in the Sooners but that OU will follow Texas.
    “This is Oklahoma. If you don’t win championships, that’s considered a failure.” Travis Lewis

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Joe C comments on realignment

MODS: Please delete, found another thread to post this in. TIA
    “This is Oklahoma. If you don’t win championships, that’s considered a failure.” Travis Lewis

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

OU ain't following Texas anywhere. OU/Texas is packaged deal. The powers that be at each institution are smart enough to realize that keeping these two together in a conference, any conference, is mutually beneficial.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Totally agree, just posting what I read as being reported. Personally, I'd like for us to say screw em all and go SEC or independent at this point.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Leroy Lizard's Avatar
    vCash

If we go to the SEC, it would be based solely on football. The SEC has little else to offer. Frankly, I like the academic angle. The Pac-10 would enhance OU's academic reputation; the SEC would not.
    At least I'm not Jersey Sooner.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by My Opinion Matters View Post
    OU ain't following Texas anywhere. OU/Texas is packaged deal. The powers that be at each institution are smart enough to realize that keeping these two together in a conference, any conference, is mutually beneficial.
    I hate the Longwhorn more than anyone on this board. Yes the whorns realize they are better with us involved, but sorry...even I have to admit they are driving the bus on this deal.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Jello Biafra's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerinSouthlake View Post
    I hate the Longwhorn more than anyone on this board.
    i beg to differ.
    Ole Vet Posse SGT-AT-ARMS.

vCash

Wheres GDC when we need him ?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerinSouthlake View Post
    I hate the Longwhorn more than anyone on this board. Yes the whorns realize they are better with us involved, but sorry...even I have to admit they are driving the bus on this deal.
    I hate Texas! but i want us together like no other

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Joe C has had his head firlmy planted up the arse of UT for years. Of course he will follow where they go.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Wow... insulting the reason we're even relevant in the 2000s now?
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Lizard View Post
    If we go to the SEC, it would be based solely on football. The SEC has little else to offer. Frankly, I like the academic angle. The Pac-10 would enhance OU's academic reputation; the SEC would not.
    Does it make me a bad person because, unless someone like you reminds me, I have a tendency to forget that there's anything *other* than football at the big-time schools?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Castiglione and Boren need to get their heads out of their aces and wake the heck up....... If A&M goes to the SEC, so does UT, Tech, and Baylor. Texas politicians will make that happen. When that happens, where does that leave OU? To the geographical nightmare/burden region of the Pac 10? OU being in the Pac 10 will be a nightmare on the fans. Does OU really think that Texas will not join the SEC because they want to stick with OU? Heck no. Castig and Boren need to be proactive on this issue. They need to be on a three way call with Oklahoma State to Mike Slive. Tradition is out the window now. Waiting on a Texas move is about the dumbest thing OU could do right now......

vCash

Screw UT, let's go the opposite of where they go.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Well apparently ut -a&m is not a packaged deal. According to a aggie sports writer, the latest from the meeting between ut - a&m officials today is that a&m is not in a hurry and is considering all options including the sec, to which ut has no interest. Also, powerful aggies are lobbying to part ways with ut and join the sec.

I personally think that we do not need to follow texas either.

Brewmaster

vCash

Texas places a lot of pride on their academic reputation. I seriously doubt they'll go to a party-school conference like the SEC.
    ... that's not food.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

5 bucks says that even if we do part ways with texas, every October we'll still be in dallas eating corndogs bright and early...
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

they say "follow texass" only because they have the big t.v. market. OU doesnt follow anyone!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by S008NER View Post
    Well apparently ut -a&m is not a packaged deal. According to a aggie sports writer, the latest from the meeting between ut - a&m officials today is that a&m is not in a hurry and is considering all options including the sec, to which ut has no interest. Also, powerful aggies are lobbying to part ways with ut and join the sec.

I personally think that we do not need to follow texas either.
    I read UT and A&M are a package deal due to the PUF that endows the 2 schools.
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedOUfan View Post
    Castiglione and Boren need to get their heads out of their aces and wake the heck up....... If A&M goes to the SEC, so does UT, Tech, and Baylor. Texas politicians will make that happen. When that happens, where does that leave OU? To the geographical nightmare/burden region of the Pac 10? OU being in the Pac 10 will be a nightmare on the fans. Does OU really think that Texas will not join the SEC because they want to stick with OU? Heck no. Castig and Boren need to be proactive on this issue. They need to be on a three way call with Oklahoma State to Mike Slive. Tradition is out the window now. Waiting on a Texas move is about the dumbest thing OU could do right now......

How long have you followed college football?. And how long have you lived in Texas?. Trust me Texas A&M is little brother. The Whorns dont follow Aggs anywhere.

If Texas doesnt join the SEC it has nothing to do with A&M or OU

Have you watched the Sooners' program over the past 10 years? Do you REALLY believe Boren and Joe C are just sitting around playing XBOX360 waiting on a call from DeLoss Dodds? NO WAY. They arent perfect, but they are as as savvy as it gets. There aren't many Pres/AD duos Id rather have navigating my school through this situation. They arent being reactive they are being prudent.

...and no matter what we will end up in a top notch conference...with an extra 10Mill in University pockets...set to win said conference.

That is all