vCash

Why does Oklahoma produce such high quality C-Store/Travel Center Chains

Both QuickTrip and Love's are outstanding chains. Is there something in the Oklahoma water that causes this?
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Why does Oklahoma produce such high quality C-Store/Travel Center Chains

And yet, in OKC, we have 5 Love's, 0 QTs and 184,382 ****ty-*** 7-11s.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

There is also OnCue which is kind of a QT clone.....

The OKC 7-11's are better than the Southland ones....of course that isn't setting the bar very high.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

I figured out QT's secret. The founder decided early on he would hire enough quality people per store to ensure there was always at last one guy or girl free to clean and straighten.

Ditto "Loves," although they tend to be a little rattier than QT's. Prolly because of all the truckers washing their drawers in the sink and taking showers and such.

OTOH, most mom and pop quikie-marts have one person behind the register and if the terlit is overflowing into the snack aisle, well, that's just too bad.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

party pooper
    vCash

Why? Prolly because Oklahoma has the intersection of 3 major trucking routes.

vCash

i'd cut any of you for a QuikTrip in Norman

vCash

seriously though, i liked them better when they were smaller.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Why? Prolly because Oklahoma has the intersection of 3 major trucking routes.
    ^this..I-44, I-40, I-35....plus the old Route 66 highway. You wouldn't believe how many foreigners come to America just to travel Route 66. A couple of years ago Paul McCartney and his squeeze traveled it alone from Chicago to California.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Man, I'm pining for a Love's up here in Minneapolis just so I can purchase Robertson's Beef Jerky. Maybe the most perfect food stuff ever created!
    Never stand between a dog and the hydrant