Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rondo...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Rondo...

Has solidified himself, IMHO, as one of the Top 10 guys in the league after another big time playoff performance thus far and a great regular season in which he set the Celtics record for steals and assists.

Discuss...
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Rondo...

Maybe one of the top 10 in the league during the playoffs...regular season, not so much
    Bazinga

vCash

You see the season he had this year? I think he is right there with CP3, Nash, and Williams for the best PG in the league. Throw in Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Amare, who else impacts a game every single night like he does?

He is def top 10-15 IMO, as far as consistent playoff performances go, he might be top 5

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

13.7 ppg, 9.8 apg, 4.4 rpg, 2.3 spg, in 81 games played. name 10 guys in the league with a better line then that during the regular season
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

vCash

29/18/13 last game and he is 6'1''

18 Rebounds!!!

~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    Has solidified himself, IMHO, as one of the Top 10 guys in the league after another big time playoff performance thus far and a great regular season in which he set the Celtics record for steals and assists.
    Not quite. Getting close, though.

If Rondo is top ten in the league, then is he the best point guard? Is he better than Deron Williams? Steve Nash? Chris Paul?

vCash

Great game for sure..I saw it... impressive...he is a darn good rebounder for his size....but scattered great games don't make him elite...

Speaking of stat lines, I would like my 6'1 point guard to shoot better than 21 percent from the 3 and 62 percent from the FT line...
    Bazinga

vCash

I think he has a greater impact on a nightly basis than guys like Bosh, Carmelo, and some of the others who are considered top guys

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

he really turns it on in the playoffs though ....no doubt
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
    Not quite. Getting close, though.

If Rondo is top ten in the league, then is he the best point guard? Is he better than Deron Williams? Steve Nash? Chris Paul?
    This....
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    You see the season he had this year? I think he is right there with CP3, Nash, and Williams for the best PG in the league. Throw in Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Amare, who else impacts a game every single night like he does?

He is def top 10-15 IMO, as far as consistent playoff performances go, he might be top 5
    yeah each and every night he is a force this time of year..but at look at his regular season stuff when it comes to impact...he had quite a few games he just disappeared and the celtics still won, some pretty easily...

I would probably put him in the 15-20, maybe 25 range overall, but can't say enough about how he raises his game in the post season
    Bazinga

vCash

I also think Westbrook can be a clone of him with continued improvement

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

westbrook is a much, much better scorer...If i had to pick now, I would take westbrook
    Bazinga

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

Westbrook can shoot. Rondo cannot. I mean Rondo is a horrendous shooter. Gottlieb-ian in his ineptitude.

Top 10 is a stretch. He's a baller, and I respect that, but I don't think he's up there with Deron Williams or Steve Nash just yet. I marvel at his rebounding ability, though. It's outstanding.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

Rondo is on his way. I wonder where he will end up in a few years?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
    Westbrook can shoot. Rondo cannot. I mean Rondo is a horrendous shooter. Gottlieb-ian in his ineptitude.

Top 10 is a stretch. He's a baller, and I respect that, but I don't think he's up there with Deron Williams or Steve Nash just yet. I marvel at his rebounding ability, though. It's outstanding.
    all of this.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    Rondo is on his way. I wonder where he will end up in a few years?
    the sky's the limit... but the core pieces around him won't be there in a few years...and if they are, they'll be nothing more than role players. will be interesting to see how boston builds around rondo, because that definitely can affect how great he can be.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Right now I'd say a good comparison for Rondo would be Gary Payton circa 1993-94. Very similar stats and styles of play at about the same time in each of their careers.

Rondo is probably a better rebounder and his assist numbers are better but Payton took better care of the ball and played with decidedly less talent around him than what Rondo has with the Celtics currently.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

this thread is amusing

the most amusing part is how low the standard has gotten for someone to be considered top 10.

hey the sloth toed kid from down the street with bow legs is top 10 in the NBA by today's standards
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Closing in on being a top 10 guard would be more like it. I wouldn't even put him on Paul, Williams, Lebron, Kobe, or Wade's level.