Thread: Disaster PSA

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Disaster PSA

Okay sports fans, the guv has declared a state of emergency. That's good.

The bad part is, there are predators who watch for such declarations and are now speeding to Oklahoma to;

1) Show up at your Aunt Margaret's house, contract for repairs, ask for a cash advance to "buy supplies," then disappear.

2) Undertake to perform repairs for which they are not remotely qualified and too often end up doing additional damages.

Additionally, people will contract for necessary repairs, which in most cases, they should not do without FIRST contacting their insurance companies. Which can result in enormous problems.

Please, make sure you help get the word out on all the above if you are in an affected area, or have people you care about who are.

http://www.oag.state.ok.us/oagweb.ns...2577200058706D

That is all.
    Last edited by Okla-homey; 5/11/2010 at 02:02 PM.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 btk108's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Disaster PSA

good job, homey!

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

I told a guy awhile back to literally go **** himself when he tried to pull that shat on me. $1975 to remove a tree because it's roots were clogging sewer lines. I ended up removing the tree with a local company for $450 because it was rotting at the base and too tall for me to do on my own. He kept calling me trying to get a yes, I refused to sign anything... he kept dropping "in the neighborhood" every weekend when I did my lawn work. Turns out the neighbors know about him. He had fake insurance certificates, asks for advances on his work, half-*** does his job and takes people to the cleaners.

The only nice thing I can say for that guy is... at least he's working. Not begging for money on the corner. Though he's not too far off from such a thing.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 A Sooner in Texas's Avatar
    vCash

When Hurricane Ike blew over every other tree here in the Piney Woods almost two years ago, one of my trees blew down across my driveway, and fortunately not the other way across the bedroom where I was sleeping. I had countless "tree removers" coming by every day for a week wanting anywhere from $150 to $500 to get rid of it.
    Eight days later, crews from my county commissioner's office came by, sawed it up and hauled it off. My electricity came on a few hours later. It was a good day.
    Homey's right...watch out for the scummy sharks. Hope everyone's ok and that no one had bad damage.
    Last edited by A Sooner in Texas; 5/11/2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Post No. 1,000!!! Yay for me!!! :)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hell even I in AZ got an email, just because I am a Sooner.
    NEED EMERGENCY ROOF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT?

In the wake of the severe weather that has just plagued our area, we would like to make you aware of a very unique service available to our Sooner Sports customers and affiliates.
    Power Roofing, a local contractor and Sooner Sports affiliate, has made themselves available for all roofing related needs including: emergency tarping, ladder assistance, emergency repairs, roofing inspections and replacements. Power Roofing specializes in insurance related claims assistance and is highly regarded as a preferred contractor throughout Oklahoma for their quality workmanship and award winning service.
    Call Today (405) 321-POWR (7697) or Toll Free (877) 886-7697 or visit them online at:
    www.powerroofing.net

To unsubscribe from future messages of this type, click here.
    To unsubscribe from all future messages from soonersports.com, click here.
    Your confidence and trust are important to us. Please review our Privacy Policy.
    CBSSports.com College Network - 2035 Corte del Nogal, Suite 250 - Carlsbad, CA 92011
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Leroy Lizard's Avatar
    vCash

I live in AZ and I didn't get one.
    At least I'm not Jersey Sooner.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Lizard View Post
    I live in AZ and I didn't get one.
    Want me to give them your addy?
    posse member

Brewmaster

vCash

If anyone in Norman needs tree cleanup, drop me a PM, I can recommend a really good service. They did a damn good job leaning up a tree in our backyard a few weeks ago.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SOONER44EVER's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    If anyone in Norman needs tree cleanup, drop me a PM, I can recommend a really good service. They did a damn good job leaning up a tree in our backyard a few weeks ago.
    Where did they lean it?
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

How come so many of you f****rs live in Arizona? Did you head west and run out of gas?
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

After last weeks tornadoes, my future BIL had people driving slowly up and down their neighborhoods scoping out the houses. The ppl in the community eventually started spotlighting them and they raced off
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    I have a good one as well, guy cleaned up a mess of a tree in my yard, charged a fare price, and was very efficient
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Got a long-time friend in the Tulsa area who is a full time landscaper. PM me if you need tree removal/limb cleanup and I will send you his contact info.
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...