Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

ESPN Insider: Bosh to Thunder Talk Heats Up

I don't have Insider, but that was the headline. Oh my, would I like to get Bosh. We would be amazing.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: ESPN Insider: Bosh to Thunder Talk Heats Up

That rumor was mentioned on ESPN tv the other day as well.I don't recall what show but I was thinking: HELL YES!
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

If this happens the Thunder will be right there with LA as favorites to win it all.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

i assume we have the cap space (i know we have a lot) to get bosh and keep everyone, or close to everyone?

vCash

BLOWING YO BACK OUT!

Thunder up!
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

2006 Oklahoma Sooners
    2007 Oklahoma Sooners
    2008 Oklahoma Sooners

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    i assume we have the cap space (i know we have a lot) to get bosh and keep everyone, or close to everyone?
    Most everyone is already signed because they aren't out of their rookie contracts I think KD will need to be resigned soon. His contract year is next year. But he's staying in OKC. But other than that they are signed for the next couple of years.

vCash

Man, I wish there was a place that I could go to on the internet where I could find stories like this one, only with all of the content that you didn't include in your post.

Like, I don't know, maybe THIS thread, started a day prior...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141317

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

it's all in the thread title.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    it's all in the thread title.
    skull has his nose bet out of shape because he wants Bosh to Hellton....I mean Houston and everyone is talking him up to OKC.

I think he KNOWS OKC has the salary space and Rockets would have to get rid of some players or redo contracts to have any shot at paying Bosh the right money.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Bosh would allow Yao to play wherever he likes, and would be a huge help, in re: weak-side defense and rebounding. Not to mention another player through whom the offense can run when Yao's not on the court. Houston was darn near a playoff team this season, with no T-Mac, and no Yao... not to mention the other injuries. With Yao back and Bosh added, they're contenders. Yeah, I said it.

the_ouskull

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

Sooner Starter
    vCash

If this happens the Thunder will be right there with LA as favorites to win it all.
    LA wont be favored to win it all next year
    "The WNBA is a lesbian festival" - Jim Traber

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfe View Post
    LA wont be favored to win it all next year
    I don't know with those 2/3 big guys they have they will be tough to beat. Even if Kobe isn't near as good as he's been.

vCash

Kobe will have an actual off-season to heal all his nagging injuries. He'll be back to form next year.

Having said that, I think our performance thus far has pointed out that it's a very fine line between "experienced" and "old". LA is starting to tip towards the latter. With Dallas exposed as a fraud once again and the Spurs aging in dog years, we're about two years and a legit big man (y'know, like Bosh) away from serious title contention.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

vCash

I think if Ibaka can develop a post game he'll be the next big time big man in the game. I'm not sure they can afford Bosh.

Sooner Benchwarmer theresonly1OU's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ndpruitt03 View Post
    I think if Ibaka can develop a post game he'll be the next big time big man in the game. I'm not sure they can afford Bosh.
    Kyle Korver would be a great get. He shot 53% from 3 and only cost 5.1 mil this year.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H.L. Mencken

vCash

If Kyle Korver comes to the Thunder I'll be sure to remain a slightly bigger Mavericks fan. I can't stand Kyle Korver.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by theresonly1OU View Post
    Kyle Korver would be a great get. He shot 53% from 3 and only cost 5.1 mil this year.
    We already have a p*ssy little big that likes to float around outside. What we need is a REAL post presence.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ndpruitt03 View Post
    They have the cap room for Bosh. I'd put OKC and Houston down as the favorites for the next team Bosh is on.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    They have the cap room for Bosh. I'd put OKC and Houston down as the favorites for the next team Bosh is on.
    In the next couple of years they will have to resign Durant, Green, and Westbrook to bigger deals. It won't be easy to afford those 3 and Bosh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    We already have a p*ssy little big that likes to float around outside. What we need is a REAL post presence.
    Jeff Green for Kyle Korver and a first-rounder. Sure, Utah's first-rounder won't be big, but it could be used to get a stud pretty cheaply. BUT, it would have to be a sign-and-trade deal since Korver's contract expires on July 1st. Otherwise, we're looking at free agency.

I'd rather see OKC go after someone more well-rounded, like Mike Miller, whose contract also expires July 1st. I think that Green could be used to pry away a play like Korver or Miller... a shooter... away from a non-contender.

I like Green to Denver for Aaron Affalo and Reynaldo Balkman. According to ESPN's trade machine, that would up Denver's win total by 1, and lower OKC's by 3. So, why do it? Well, because then that frees OKC up to get rid of Sefolosha, who is killing them on the court with his inability to hit anything that isn't a layup... and he doesn't handle the ball well enough to get those.

- Affalo is a top-notch defender, AND he's amongst the league leaders in both 3pt%, and eFG%. Maybe we give up a little bit of defense, but, against the Kobe's of the world, that matters very little anyway. We're still getting a guy who can make opposing players work their butt off on defense. A backcourt of Affalo and Westbrook could switch on most opposing guards with little to no difficulty as well.

- Balkman, while also an excellent defender, is just there to make the salaries work.

We lose Jeff Green. That would hurt OKC, surely... so, we need to replace him, and, now that Sefolosha just became available...

Good thing Bosh is thinking about coming to OKC, right?

A starting lineup of Westbrook, Harden/Affalo, Durant, Ibaka, and Bosh wouldn't scare other teams, would it? Especially considering what that lineup would still be able to bring off of the bench...

Maynor, Collison, and Harden/Affalo. This team's eight deep with guys that can play.

Oh yeah, I left out Nenad 'cause he's worthless too. When he and Sefolosha came to this team, they and their particular skill sets were desperately needed. Now, they're liabilities to our progression.

So, what would we potentially get for Sefolosha or Krstic? Hmmm...

- The Golden State Warriors receive Krstic in exchange for Ronny Turiaf. So, that takes care of our interior defense/toughness problem. What about scoring? Well, this is obviously something that can only happen if we lure Bosh and see Serge continue to progress offensively in the post. (STOP TAKING JUMPERS SERGE!)

- Krstic, Sefolosha, and B.J. Mullen's corpse to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor. Not only would the salaries match up, but we'd be cutting all KINDS of dead weight. Now, Okafor not really improving since joining the league and his still having five years left on a big deal are both problems, but he's been a double-double guy since joining the league too. But, with Bosh on the other block, Okafor would be able to concentrate on what he actually CAN do... defend and rebound.

- Sefolosha and Krstic to NOLA for David West. Would NOLA do it? Eh? Center and Shooting Guard are "areas of need" for them, and this would address two areas, while only hurting one. BUT, considering Shinn is a cheap piece of sh*t, it's feasible.

Now, let's REALLY play...

- Jeff Green in a sign-and-trade with Memphis for Rudy Gay. Gay may walk, and Memphis wants something for him. Green may be that something Memphis needs. A selfless player.

- Krstic, Thabo, and a 2012 first-rounder to the Knicks for a sign-and-trade with David Lee. If that doesn't make you make happy in your knickers, then you're not a Thunder fan. ESPECIALLY if Bosh signs on.

('cause it's doable even if he does... OKC has enough cap space, for this COMING year, anyway - to sign a player like Lee to a solid deal, and still offer Bosh a max contract - of course, I've been leaving out of all of this Bosh stuff how badly he wants to be "The Man," which will never happen for him alongside OKC's Plastic Man... GO TO HOUSTON CHRIS! GO! It will make you an All-Star. It will make you a champion!)

Sorry...

Anyway, a starting lineup of Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Lee, and Bosh. Ibaka, Maynor, Collison, et al.. off of the bench. Sh*t, that lineup's not even fair...

So, those are some of my thoughts...

the_ouskull