Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Ok I know I need to consult Local talent

But I know we have Legal Talent here. I got a general question for them .
    Do we have any Tax perfesionals here ?
    I gots a question fer them also to.

The second May be a Legal question also .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Ok I know I need to consult Local talent

No, you cannot write off pole dancers used in the service of helping to clean the shack.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BudSooner View Post
    No, you cannot write off pole dancers used in the service of helping to clean the shack.
    Well hell there went that Idear

Naw Im interested in Granparents visitation
    And My soon to be ex DIL lived with my son all last year on HIS income
    She Left while he wasnt able to file and SHE filed, Claimed all the Kids and Just used HER income
    Aint that Fraud ?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 beer4me's Avatar
    vCash

Not a Tax perfesional here but I think you send me all ur tax money you should be OK
    Christ Almighty it's like I am sittn here playn cards with my brothers kids or sumptn you nerve racking sumbitches

You will be shot for this...naw more like chewed out, been chewed out before

Posse numb nutz

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Well hell there went that Idear

Naw Im interested in Granparents visitation
    And My soon to be ex DIL lived with my son all last year on HIS income
    She Left while he wasnt able to file and SHE filed, Claimed all the Kids and Just used HER income
    Aint that Fraud ?
    They're still married right? In that case, they both get to claim the kiddo as a deduction.

After they divorce, it will be different.

Now, as to "grandparents visitation," I hate to be the one to tell you this bro, but the law doesn't recognize a grandparent's right to see his grandbabies. Succs, but that's the way it is.

Best bet is to try to stay on good terms with the custodial parent. In the end though, if that person won't abide giving you time with the child...you're out of luck.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    They're still married right? In that case, they both get to claim the kiddo as a deduction.

After they divorce, it will be different.

Now, as to "grandparents visitation," I hate to be the one to tell you this bro, but the law doesn't recognize a grandparent's right to see his grandbabies. Succs, but that's the way it is.

Best bet is to try to stay on good terms with the custodial parent. In the end though, if that person won't abide giving you time with the child...you're out of luck.
    Troxel v. Granville, right? A custodial parent has a liberty interest in who gets to visit their child.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner View Post
    Troxel v. Granville, right? A custodial parent has a liberty interest in who gets to visit their child.
    Mike
    Oklahoma passed a Granparents rights Law in 05
    Boils down to whats in the best INTEREST of the child !

Thats ONE of my questions . I just wanted some general ideas on
    The other was
    The BITCH Left My KID after 10-1-2010
    She then filed Income tax while HE was gone .
    She claimed HER piddlin INCOME for the year and all the Kids

Now is SHE guilty of TAX fraud ?

In other words SHES sayin THEY lived on HER 6k fer the year when in actuality they LIVED on HIS 71K.
    Now shes TAKING ALL His Deductions .
    That shat aint right

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

If she claimed only 6K income, why would she need deductions? did she file for earned income credit?
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    If she claimed only 6K income, why would she need deductions? did she file for earned income credit?
    DUH
    She claimed THAT and all 3 kids as dependents . Left My son having to file as Single er whatever with NO dependents

He's stuck now with filing 71 K and NO deductions !
    Bitch needs to Go Down .

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

He needs a tax attorney or just simply a CPA. Are they married?

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Mike
    OK.

Yes, the standard in child custody cases is best interest of the child.

Troxel v. Granville invalidated a Washington statute that allowed "any person" to sue for visitation rights under a "best interests of the child" standard as violative of substantive due process. A fit parent has the right to make decisions regarding child-rearing, including Grandparents. I'm sure whoever wrote the OK statute carefully crafted it around the standards of Troxel, and I know next to nothing about Family Law other than the best interests of the child standard. I believe, but I'm not sure, that the requirement under Troxel is that the decision of the parent be given "special weight" even above and beyond "best interests of the child" when visitation is concerned and that a parent is acting in the "best interests of the child" is a presumption.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Bro, like I said above, regardless of any Okla. statute that might lead the layperson to believe otherwise, the upshot is, if the custodial parent says "no see grandpaw", there is no seeing grandpaw.

The only possible way around it is to convince a court to find it's in the child's best interest to see grandpaw against mom's wishes, and that ain't likely in this lifetime. Unless you got a bunch of money to pay a very savvy lawyer, including money for him to hire private investigators to get surveillance video of mama doing illegal and dangerous shat. I'm talking bad enough stuff to lose custody of the kiddo.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Mike

Thats ONE of my questions . I just wanted some general ideas on
    The other was
    The BITCH Left My KID after 10-1-2010
    She then filed Income tax while HE was gone .
    She claimed HER piddlin INCOME for the year and all the Kids

Now is SHE guilty of TAX fraud ?

In other words SHES sayin THEY lived on HER 6k fer the year when in actuality they LIVED on HIS 71K.
    Now shes TAKING ALL His Deductions .
    That shat aint right
    Did they file married filing jointly or married filing separately? (He had to sign a 1040 if it was married filing jointly.) Are they married? If she filed as married filing jointly, I believe BOTH are guilty of federal tax evasion. If not, it sounds like someone's gettin audited. Basically, get an attorney.

For the record, I am not a CPA, Enrolled Agent before the IRS, or an attorney. Some advise I'm giving may not be correct. For answers to some simple questions, try http://irs.gov
    Last edited by tommieharris91; 4/22/2010 at 04:34 PM.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

See Title 43 O.S. Section 109.4 on grandparent visitation.

As a preliminary - the court has no power to grant visitation to grandparents if the child's family is intact.

If the child's family is not intact the grandparent may seek and the court may grant visitation IF 1. it is in the best interest of the child. AND 2. There is a showing of parental unfitness OR the grand parent has rebutted by clear and convincing evidence the presumption that the fit parent is acting in the best interest of the child by showing that the child would suffer harm by not granting the visitation rights.

Sounds like a high burden of persuasion if the parent does not want granparent to see child to me. Homey is giving good advice.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OhU1 View Post
    1. it is in the best interest of the child. AND 2. There is a showing of parental unfitness OR the grand parent has rebutted by clear and convincing evidence the presumption that the fit parent is acting in the best interest of the child by showing that the child would suffer harm by not granting the visitation rights.
    Boy, that sounds kind of familiar. Where did I hear something like that before?

Oh, yeah:

I believe, but I'm not sure, that the requirement under Troxel is that the decision of the parent be given "special weight" even above and beyond "best interests of the child" when visitation is concerned and that a parent is acting in the "best interests of the child" is a presumption.

vCash

You guys with all you fancy lawyer talk. I told the man five posts ago he was hosed on "grandparent visitation." That's all he wanted to know. When someone asks you the time, do you build them a watch?

Brewmaster

vCash

You guys with all you fancy lawyer talk. I told the man five posts ago he was hosed on "grandparent visitation." That's all he wanted to know. When someone asks you the time, do you build them a watch?

Well, you know what they say, Homey. Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night, but light that man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    ... that's not food.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Hey man, I just agreed with you and mentioned a case I thought was relevant 'cause I have a test with that case on it next week. olevet started yelling at me about some OK statute.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Dude asked 2 questions. You only answered 1 of them.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner View Post
    Hey man, I just agreed with you and mentioned a case I thought was relevant 'cause I have a test with that case on it next week. olevet started yelling at me about some OK statute.
    I dint not either yell, Quit making **** up about me .

So I'd just be waisting money trying to hire a lawyer and get visitation ?

Guess Ill just have to wait a few years till they are old enough to Come see me on their own .