Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: yes, it passes!

Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

yes, it passes!

rejoice! america is a better country today! Nice work obama, 7 more years to make this country better!

vCash

Re: yes, it passes!

Quote Originally Posted by PDXsooner View Post
    rejoice! america is a better country today! Nice work obama, 7 more years to make this country better!
    I'm going to ask you what I ask every liberal friend of mine. Where is the Constitutional authorization for the nationalization and/or regulation of the healthcare industry?

I get all sorts of amused when liberals scream about the importance of the Constitution when it comes to civil liberties, but when it comes to huge new entitlement programs involving powers not enumerated to the Federal government then the Constitution seems to matter a lot less. Either you accept all of the Constitution or you accept none of it.

I also get amused when conservatives do the same **** with gay marriage, drug laws, abortion, etc.

I had a liberal friend of mine who is a political consultant out of Dallas tell me tonight, "Well it isn't Constitutional strictly speaking but it's a universal human right." As if a universal "human right" supersedes the Constitution. I mean I don't accept the premise of the argument but the idea that some arbitrary "human right" is greater than the highest law of the land is insane.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

3 more years to completely bankrupt the country... more like it
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Hoorah for us, we're just like every other quasi tyrannical, bankrupt, nanny-state. USA! USA ! USA!
    "They are survivors. Come the apocalypse, the only thing left standing will be a handful of cockroaches and Bob Stoops and his Sooner squad." -hornfans-

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerJack's Avatar
    vCash

I think I'm gonna puke.
    I gots ta get me a signature.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

That was sarcasm...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

no, he's that simple

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

I dont know, which pseudo-meltdown is funnier... The outcries against the 1 thread in 10 rooting for a left viewpoint over a right viewpoint or the gnashing of teeth over the thing actually passing.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Gimme back that fillet o'fish
    Gimme that fish

vCash

Heh.

vCash

Please don't feed the trolls.
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

vCash

What's Ironic is I was watching that Food Revolution show on ABC last night when they broke in to say ZeroCare had passed.

Ironic because Jamie Oliver, the host of the show Food Revolution, was trying to change the food menu at a public school in WV which is mandated by the FDA and that is probably killing them.

The federal government has just inserted itself into our everyday lives just the same way , and here is a show showing what a massive failure centralized planning is.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba View Post
    What's Ironic is I was watching that Food Revolution show on ABC last night when they broke in to say ZeroCare had passed.

Ironic because Jamie Oliver, the host of the show Food Revolution, was trying to change the food menu at a public school in WV which is mandated by the FDA and that is probably killing them.

The federal government has just inserted itself into our everyday lives just the same way , and here is a show showing what a massive failure centralized planning is.
    Well considering the regulatory authority of the FDA has been cut from 50,000 inspections/yr to around 9,500/yr since the 70s for meat as an example, the fact that the FDA is failing isnt surprising. When you take the teeth out of a regulatory agency it fails. That seems like common sense to me.

One of the main problems is when the government takes control of regulating something it becomes infested with corporate interests that help to undermine authority from the inside out.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle145 View Post
    One of the main problems is when the government takes control of regulating something it becomes infested with corporate interests that help to undermine authority from the inside out.
    Not only corporate interests, but also other special interest groups as well, such as trail attorneys who need to make their fortunes suing our Dr's and insurance companies into oblivion.

Amazing to me we can pass a healthcare reform bill that doesn't even touch THE BIGGEST cost that Dr's have, and the biggest reason premiums go up, medical malpractice.

The worst thing we could have done is turn this over to the federal government. It will ruin our healthcare system the way its destroyed our public schools.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 GKeeper316's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle145 View Post
    Well considering the regulatory authority of the FDA has been cut from 50,000 inspections/yr to around 9,500/yr since the 70s for meat as an example, the fact that the FDA is failing isnt surprising. When you take the teeth out of a regulatory agency it fails. That seems like common sense to me.

the decline in meat (and generally every other agricultural product) inspections since the 70s has more to do with the decline of the independent farmer.

more stuff coming from less sources (corporate farms) means less inspections are necessary.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm going to ask you what I ask every liberal friend of mine. Where is the Constitutional authorization for the nationalization and/or regulation of the healthcare industry?

I get all sorts of amused when liberals scream about the importance of the Constitution when it comes to civil liberties, but when it comes to huge new entitlement programs involving powers not enumerated to the Federal government then the Constitution seems to matter a lot less. Either you accept all of the Constitution or you accept none of it.

I also get amused when conservatives do the same **** with gay marriage, drug laws, abortion, etc.

I had a liberal friend of mine who is a political consultant out of Dallas tell me tonight, "Well it isn't Constitutional strictly speaking but it's a universal human right." As if a universal "human right" supersedes the Constitution. I mean I don't accept the premise of the argument but the idea that some arbitrary "human right" is greater than the highest law of the land is insane.
    I think that Europeans are responsible for all this quibble over "human rights."
    They have been trying to build their Union, and they couldn't rely on national texts to list "rights," (plus they don't generally HAVE any Constitutional rights) so they had to find something that could apply to all the countries.

So they developed their "universal human rights," and now we are all stuck with it.

To Europeans, I say, "Americans don't need human rights, we already have Constitutional rights." And Isay the same to Americans hoping to apply theories of human rights in this country.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GKeeper316 View Post
    has more to do with the decline of the independent farmer.
    Which, may I add, was another grand victory for the forces of centralized planning and statism.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDXsooner View Post
    Hope in 20 years, you won't have to be waiting for 3-4 weeks for a GP appointment or a year or so for a CT scan and the extra taxes required to lift the backlog in medical procedures that this bill will likely bring. And since the great American health system wiill no longer exist, you will not be able to go somewhere else to have that heart or cancer surgery you need, that the health care administration says you need to wait 6-8 months for scheduling.

You say that won't happen?

Just ask the guys in the UK who either stand in line or call the GP office to make appointments for things today that they will be able to get in and see a GP in 3-4 weeks hence. Or the wait for CT scans and elective surgery currently required in Canada and the UK, or the extra tax just levied on the residients of Alberta because they have to pay overtime and hire extra people to pay for the $18 million Canadian (which is now on par with the USD) it will take to reduce the backlog of tests and surgical procedures not done as they didn't have the people or the money to schedule and were waiting for simple medical procedures. And finally, the Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador Provinces who needed heart surgery, left for Miami for the procedure as he didn't want to wait or believed that he could get the best care in Canada.
    Last edited by TheHumanAlphabet; 3/22/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Government myths buster time!

Myth: The Senate passed a health care bill before Christmas, so now we're getting universal/national/Obamacare health care.

Fact: I think you all figured this out by now that the House also had to pass the bill and then the president will have to approve as well... but I think we can all fairly assume that Obama will sign the first health care bill that makes it to his desk.

Myth: Now that the House also passed a health care bill, we will have health care now.

Fact: The House decided to modify the Senate's bill so they could get their fingerprints and ideas all over it, so it will need to go back to the Senate for approval. Again.

Myth: Once the Senate approves a health care bill again, we will have health care.

Fact: The Senate is likely to also get their fingerprints and ideas all up in it again, meaning that it will face the House's dirty little paws again (as well as their own ideas)... if the Senate can pass something.

Myth: The House passed their bill quickly, so it move quickly through the Senate now too, because everyone's ideas are obviously coming together.

Fact: Everything passes the House easier. It's a filibusterer-proof side of government, meaning that the majority (in this case, dems) wins. The Senate, on the other hand, can filibusterer if there isn't 60 votes... and there are only 59 dems/independents now, with that nice little midterm midtacular election for the open Kennedy seat.

Ok guys, did I miss anything? Any corrections/clarifications?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba View Post
    Which, may I add, was another grand victory for the forces of centralized planning and statism.
    Or Capitalism at its finest... pick your poison.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib