Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

SNOWIEST WINTER on record

for Oklahoma = Proof of Global Warming. We get it algore! haha
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

Re: SNOWIEST WINTER on record

Cold weather and winter storms don't disprove global warming. It actually supports it. More variable and extreme weather than usual is a side-effect that is expected. But I don't feel like stringing this argument out for several pages, so yeah global warming is fake. Al Gore is behind it.....along with most of the scientific community. They are out to scare us and take our money and push an agenda. Inhofe is one of the greatest minds of our times. Down with Obama. Palin for President in '12. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are my heroes. Man I love Fox News!
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

Yacht Rocker

vCash

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/?repor...ted=Get+Report

January 2010 was the fourth warmest on record and was higher than the 20th century average.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Facts have a tendency to cause mass ignorance on this board. Please be careful how you post them . . .

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 1890MilesToNorman's Avatar
    vCash

Bring it on, I loved this winter! I want more.
    God, how I hate the 21st century.

OleVet Posse - dung slinger
    Free Booze and Spam . What else could a Man want?

Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

no one disputes that the average global temperature is warmer. not even the most extreme global-warming-denier. the part that's become politicized is how much of the contributions are man-made.

what does saying "hey it's snowing, so much for global warming" prove? again, we know the temperature on earth is warmer.

vCash

Two inches of snow in my yard.

You global warmers can suck it!

Oh yeah, and it's cold as hell too, so again you warmers can suck it!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDXsooner View Post
    no one disputes that the average global temperature is warmer. not even the most extreme global-warming-denier. the part that's become politicized is how much of the contributions are man-made.

what does saying "hey it's snowing, so much for global warming" prove? again, we know the temperature on earth is warmer.
    STOP IT!!! Avg temperatures haven't risen since '95. Whatever, Warmers.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Pretty much whenever someone starts out a statement with: "No one," or "everyone" or any of those all-inclusive statements, you pretty much know they're full of crap.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Pretty much whenever someone starts out a statement with: "No one," or "everyone" or any of those all-inclusive statements, you pretty much know they're full of crap.
    The Global Warming hoax has been exposed. The Warmers continue to carry on as if it hasn't. I'm not one who is surprised by that, but it sure seems silly, to put it kindly.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 GKeeper316's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    The Global Warming hoax has been exposed. The Warmers continue to carry on as if it hasn't. I'm not one who is surprised by that, but it sure seems silly, to put it kindly.
    not necessarily a hoax... the earth periodically goes through massive climate change. whether or not its mans doing is the question...

we're what... 30,000 years from our last ice age, and due for another.

it aint gonna happen overnight, in our lifetime, or even our grandchildren's granchildren's lives, but it will happen again.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    STOP IT!!! Avg temperatures haven't risen since '95. Whatever, Warmers.
    I think you mean '98... at least that's the year that most deniers seem to use. You should go up to the link I posted in my first reply and check out the "It's Cooling" and "It Hasn't Warmed Since 1998" arguments - here's a brief summary:

Empirical measurements of the Earth's heat content show the planet is still accumulating heat and global warming is still happening. Surface temperatures can show short term cooling when heat is exchanged between the atmosphere and the ocean, which has a much greater heat capacity than the air.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GKeeper316 View Post

we're what... 30,000 years from our last ice age, and due for another.
    we're technically still in an ice age...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OU Adonis's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner59 View Post
    Cold weather and winter storms don't disprove global warming. It actually supports it. More variable and extreme weather than usual is a side-effect that is expected. But I don't feel like stringing this argument out for several pages, so yeah global warming is fake. Al Gore is behind it.....along with most of the scientific community. They are out to scare us and take our money and push an agenda. Inhofe is one of the greatest minds of our times. Down with Obama. Palin for President in '12. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are my heroes. Man I love Fox News!

Cold winters = Global Warming
    Hot Summers = Global Warming

Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Middle age is when high school chicks stop checking you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    Ones that big disgust me.
    http://www.myspace.com/ou_adonis

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    Cold winters = Global Warming
    Hot Summers = Global Warming

Got it.
    Weather isn't climate.

And although it may have seemed colder due to snow or whatever, as has already been mentioned in this thread, it was actually warmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

Administrator
    vCash

December was the coldest month ever recorded in Oklahoma. More snow too. This has been a brutal winter in the far SE corner of Cleveland County. Please, for the love of Darwin smoking a bong and ruining the ozone, bring me some global warming.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

Do some people really think that "global warming" means summers with be hotter, winters will be milder with less snow, and we will all burn up in 10 years? I guess so, which is why if it gets cold people instinctively call it fake. Most of any warming we are seeing is likely due to natural cycles over long periods of time. However, humans certainly aren't helping any. The effects of humans on the environment has to be looked at over decades, not months. We probably will not know the exact human contribution to warming for another 50 years or so.

And no cold winters and hot summers do not prove global warming, however cold winters do not disprove it, either. It is not unexpected. Some of the things that can occur if the warming climbs above the normal cycle levels are hotter summers, colder winters, stronger storms (tornadoes/hurricanes/blizzard etc.), wet areas become much wetter, dry areas become much drier, and so on....

I have nothing to gain by saying any of this. I'm just not surprised by any of it given the scientific evidence that I have read. I just think some of these arguments are naive. Some people think that their own common sense is more knowledgeable about science than actual research done by scientists. If a doctor told you that you have cancer, then a few months later you actually felt pretty good for a few weeks, you wouldn't just say: "I feel fine. There is no way I have cancer. That doctor doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm done with treatments. I'll trust my own instincts from now on." Why? Because then you learn the hard way.

Regardless of global warming, it is still a good idea to enact some of the regulations that it has led to. Cleaner air = good. More renewable energy sources for the future = good.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

oklahoma is and will continue to be a non factor in the big picture...fortunately the neo-con attitude has minimum effect on most earthlings...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Leroy Lizard's Avatar
    vCash

Neo-con this, neo-con that. My mail was late yesterday. Damn neo-cons. My dog died last week. Stupid neo-cons.
    At least I'm not Jersey Sooner.