Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiny Rumors

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Tiny Rumors

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/18/oklaho...-ncaa-scandal/

Gallon -- a freshman center for the Sooners - scored a $3,000 wire transfer last August, according to a document
    obtained by TMZ. The money was deposited in a bank account jointly held by Keith and his mom, Sylvia Wright.

As for who gave Keith the dough -- the document shows it's Jeffrey Hausinger, a Merrill Lynch financial advisor who reps several professional athletes.

It's a violation of NCAA rules for any player or player's relative to receive money that isn't readily available to other players -- for example, a student loan or scholarship. We're told the rule clearly prohibits any agent, lawyer or financial advisor from trying to lure a player with money.

Keith made headlines last week when he announced he would return to OU next year rather than turn pro.

OU Athletic Director Joe Castiglione says the school is committed to following NCAA rules, and "any activity not in compliance is taken seriously and is acted upon swiftly."

We could not reach Keith. His mom had no comment. We called Hausinger for comment about the $3,000 wire transfer -- he said, "I don't think I want to talk to you," and hung up.

--really?

Re: Tiny Rumors

Lovely. For those that know more about this than I do...let's say it's true, but OU had no knowledge of it. Could the program still face sanctions or are we just likely to forfeit our 13 wins from this year?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Jeezus! You've got to be kidding me.

If true, the program would almost certainly face sanctions both self imposed and/or NCAA imposed. Probably be cited with a failure to monitor or something.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

this crap is really frustrating. these kids are so concerned about nothing but money & the NBA/NFL or whatever. & after all that crap with bomar & quinn & sampson & now this.. just makes our athletic program look awful grrrrrrr

vCash

He was suspended earlier this year for some off the court issue earlier this year, I wouldn't be shocked if this was it.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ndpruitt03 View Post
    He was suspended earlier this year for some off the court issue earlier this year, I wouldn't be shocked if this was it.
    I Thought it was because him & tommy were late for practice & attitude issues or somethin..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ...sooner View Post
    I Thought it was because him & tommy were late for practice & attitude issues or somethin..
    That was really early in the year. This was a separate undisclosed issue I'm referring to. At the time he was suspended indefinitely it only ended up being 2 games. They sited an NCAA issue. OU will have to issue a statement saying this and that he was cleared to play so there is no issue.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I wonder which Texas school tipped TMZ off?

In any event, if it's true, the $3,000 will not make heads roll. Just Tiny's. Where exactly will Tiny go after OU kicks him off the team. Not the NBA, because he didn't have a good enough season. Not any other school, because not only did he suck here, but they don't want his money-taking arse associated with their program.

IF true, just one thing to say: You sold your entire basketball career for $3,000, Tiny. Just... go away.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ndpruitt03 View Post
    That was really early in the year. This was a separate undisclosed issue I'm referring to. At the time he was suspended indefinitely it only ended up being 2 games. They sited an NCAA issue. OU will have to issue a statement saying this and that he was cleared to play so there is no issue.
    ohh ya ok i know what youre talkin bout my bad!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I wonder which Texas school tipped TMZ off?

In any event, if it's true, the $3,000 will not make heads roll. Just Tiny's. Where exactly will Tiny go after OU kicks him off the team. Not the NBA, because he didn't have a good enough season. Not any other school, because not only did he suck here, but they don't want his money-taking arse associated with their program.

IF true, just one thing to say: You sold your entire basketball career for $3,000, Tiny. Just... go away.
    --well put. hes dumb

vCash

It was 3gs why didn't the guy mail it to them fedex.... This has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. See Ya

Here we go ~

Guys......this is a positive. The $ amounts paid to Sooner players are decreasing with each new scandal. After the next 8 or 9 violations, we'll be talking about a guy getting a coupon for paper towels.

vCash

can we please ditch this one and done BS now?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by General Applewhite View Post
    After the next 8 or 9 violations, we'll be talking about a guy getting a coupon for paper towels.
    Some Texas school will still try to get us in trouble for that, all the way down to "You gave that recruit ice cubes and water!"

EDIT: Also, I peeked around at the usual culprit boards for fanbases that I think turned us in - the only one with a sizable thread at this point is OP. HF has a few posts, but really, they have no room to talk considering all the money flowing in Austin to horn athletes

OP is suggesting that "considering the last five years" that this could bring about a lack of institutional control thing. Zzz. Highly unlikely. If USC has taught us anything, it's that no institution lacks control in the NCAA's eyes.
    Last edited by badger; 3/18/2010 at 10:15 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by General Applewhite View Post
    Guys......this is a positive. The $ amounts paid to Sooner players are decreasing with each new scandal. After the next 8 or 9 violations, we'll be talking about a guy getting a coupon for paper towels.
    I think texas fans have the right to talk when they actually punish their drunk-driving, car-crashing, tv-stealing, pot-smoking players. Let us not forget the "parties" that your Dallas boosters threw for our very own Jamarkus McFarland. Glass houses, whorn.

Tiny's gone anyway, and it's not like we beat anyone good this past year. As long as the program doesn't get slapped for something it had no control over, then I couldn't care less about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Buh Bye Tiny. Have a good life.

What is it with kids and taking illicit money for small numbers? If you want to ruin your career and possibly your life, at least go for the big bucks!

I hope Merrill Lynch fires the guy. If I had a ML account, I would demand his firing or I would move my $$ out of the company.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    taking illicit money for small numbers? If you want to ruin your career and possibly your life, at least go for the big bucks!
    Makes you raise an eyebrow about this report's legitimacy, eh?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 meoveryouxinfinity's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Makes you raise an eyebrow about this report's legitimacy, eh?
    Knowing Tiny (kinda), this is exactly the kind of thing he would do.
    Not my chair not my problem thats what i say

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Well, there was that Pitt recruit that blew his chance at every playing major college football by posting the hundreds he was sent on Twitter... Kids are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PrideTrombone's Avatar
    vCash

Didn't Tiny already do enough to screw up our program with his play ON the court?
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri