Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member boomersooner28's Avatar
    vCash

ESPN's Neil Everett

I don't know what his deal is, but he refuses to acknowledge "Oklahoma City" or the "Thunder" when doing highlights of the Oklahoma City Thunder. He refers to them as the Durants or Durant's team...ALWAYS! It is frickin annoying as hell. Durant is a superstar, BUT, this team is wayyyy much more than just KD. Great chemistry, solid contributers everywhere, tough defensively, and Russell Westbrook is coming into his own as a NBA point guard. He is playing GREAT. So, Mr. Everett, I don't know if you are from Seattle or still pissy about the whole Seattle to OKC move or what, but pull your panties outta your *** and acknowledge the fact that this is OKC's team! Yes, the OKC fans have something to do with this team playing so great as well...OKC fans show up.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member boomersooner28's Avatar
    vCash

Re: ESPN's Neil Everett

Ahhh, just found it on wikipedia. Mr. Everett was raised in Spokane, Washington. That is why his panties are all in a wad. What a doosh.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Yeah, I think this was discussed before. It's a good thing we saved Durant and them.
    Last edited by Eielson; 3/3/2010 at 11:14 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

Most people from Seattle, as well as those who followed the NBA before the Thunder arrived, know that the whole move to OKC was a shady deal. It's why Bill Simmons often refers to the team as the Bennett City Highjackers.

The Thunder have been great for Oklahoma and OKC, but it was a complete screwjob.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It was shady, but didn't Seattle refuse to fund a new arena that they really needed?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

what makes it worse than all the other teams that have moved cities?
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    It was shady, but didn't Seattle refuse to fund a new arena that they really needed?
    It wasn't the new arena that was needed. The Key Arena was gutted and totally remodeled in the mid-90s. It was the LEASE on the arena that Stern and the Starbucks guy bitched about constantly.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

Typical. ESPN's other main anti-Thunder toolbag, Bill Simmons, buys season tickets to the Clippers, who have relocated not once but twice.

And the Key remodel didn't include luxury suites or enough concession areas to make any team profitable in the current NBA climate. Hell, the city was losing money on the deal.
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

vCash

i'm still not understanding what made this move worse than any other team that moves. every time a team moves, the old city is bitter.
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    i'm still not understanding what made this move worse than any other team that moves. every time a team moves, the old city is bitter.
    Maybe because the team was well supported.

vCash

post some figures supporting that

vCash

post some figures supporting that
    They played in one of the smaller arenas in the league (Key Arena sat about 17,000), but their percentage of capacity was strong. It didn't fall off until all you heard about was the Supersonics moving.

Seattle Supersonics

Plus the Sonics played in front of big crowds the year they were forced to play at the Tacoma Dome because of the renevation to Seattle Center Coliseum. They were well-supported in Seattle, just not well-owned.

If only Paul Allen had been allowed to buy the team in the mid-80s. But the owners back then wouldn't sell because they were making too much money.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
    They played in one of the smaller arenas in the league (Key Arena sat about 17,000), but their percentage of capacity was strong. It didn't fall off until all you heard about was the Supersonics moving.

Seattle Supersonics

Plus the Sonics played in front of big crowds the year they were forced to play at the Tacoma Dome because of the renevation to Seattle Center Coliseum. They were well-supported in Seattle, just not well-owned.

If only Paul Allen had been allowed to buy the team in the mid-80s. But the owners back then wouldn't sell because they were making too much money.

Attendance figures and rankings:
    2006:16,198 (23rd in the league
    2007: 15,955 (25th in the league)
    2008: 18,693 (11th in the league)
    2009: 17,917 (11th in the league)

The capacity at the Ford Center is listed as 18,203. So for the Thunder games we oversold in 2008 and are 200 short of selling out on average this year.

Simmons is anything but anti-Thunder - they are probably his second favorite team right now. He is unbeleivably complimentary towards the team and front office - he just thinks the owners screwed Seattle over. It's more of a sticht now with him.

vCash

Simmons calls the Thunder the Zombies. He does have a man-crush on KD and loves to watch them play. Mr. Starbucks is the one that stuck it to Seattle. He and Stern both knew what Bennett would do if allowed to buy the franchise.

vCash

You are both right about the previous ownership. There is no denying how refreshing it is to see a team really play hard in the NBA. Throw in the fact that they're so young and it's easy to see why the NBA scribes fawn over the Thunder constantly.

I just wish they were still in Seattle.

vCash

why do you wish they were still in seattle

Sooner Benchwarmer misplacedsooner's Avatar
    vCash

im so glad they are here or else i wouldnt be a fan and id be back to having little or no interest in the nba.

vCash

why do you wish they were still in seattle
    Because I was a Supersonics fan back to the days of Tom Chambers.

Sooner Benchwarmer misplacedsooner's Avatar
    vCash

slick watts was cool too