• No, keep it on the SO

38 34.55%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics Forum

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Politics Forum

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    If Politics is isolated from South Oval, then there should be 2 different Politics boards: 1)Left-wing Politics 2)Right-wing Politics
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    Ah, censorship. It's what makes America great!
    This is why I wear my sig.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

so you are a founder but not a member?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Stitch Face's Avatar
    vCash

Can we confine LAS and RLIMC to their own forum and just peer in at them from time to time?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Face View Post
    Can we confine LAS and RLIMC to their own forum and just peer in at them from time to time?
    I don't hear him unless he's quoted. Oh, the fun!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

OMGWTF?!?
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

Brewmaster

vCash

Alternate idea! And one that basically just involves re-discovering an old forum that has fallen into disuse.

We COULD just take any thread that degenerates into political slapfighting and flamebaiting and move it to Smack Central. And once it's in there, it can be as turd-y as y'all turds want to make it, because I don't have boots deep enough to wade in there.

So basically, rational, civilized discussions could stay in the SO with the monkeys falling out of trees, Try Are McGrundles, and the Thing in Norm's Leg.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    Alternate idea! And one that basically just involves re-discovering an old forum that has fallen into disuse.

We COULD just take any thread that degenerates into political slapfighting and flamebaiting and move it to Smack Central. And once it's in there, it can be as turd-y as y'all turds want to make it, because I don't have boots deep enough to wade in there.

So basically, rational, civilized discussions could stay in the SO with the monkeys falling out of trees, Try Are McGrundles, and the Thing in Norm's Leg.
    I was opposed to this idea before, largely because I post in and read economics threads. But, I would take a very perverse pleasure in seeing those who start new threads because they got something in their email inbox to see few views and every fewer posts. I mean most of the time there are perfectly good threads to post in and they can add to an already existing dicussion. But, no it has to be a new thread every time, as I suppose these extreme right wingers can't control themselves and their mad rush to denigrate the president of the US. Any attempt to set up a new forum would be completely wasted because they would start an innocently sounding thread in SO and shortly add on the lastest cut and past jobs from a right wing website.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    I was opposed to this idea before, largely because I post in and read economics threads. But, I would take a very perverse pleasure in seeing those who start new threads because they got something in their email inbox to see few views and every fewer posts. I mean most of the time there are perfectly good threads to post in and they can add to an already existing dicussion. But, no it has to be a new thread every time, as I suppose these extreme right wingers can't control themselves and their mad rush to denigrate the president of the US. Any attempt to set up a new forum would be completely wasted because they would start an innocently sounding thread in SO and shortly add on the lastest cut and past jobs from a right wing website.
    "Let them eat cake"-Marie Therese
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Face View Post
    I'm not even in his or Tuba's league.

Shoot, Stitch...YOU'RE more of a troll than I've been in the last 2 years.

I don't hear him unless he's quoted. Oh, the fun!
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

If Politics is isolated from South Oval, then there should be 3 different Politics boards: 1)Left-wing Politics 2)Right-wing Politics 3)Fence-straddlers. We could call it the Crucifax Column.
    Why am I not surprised that you actually feel that all issues can be categorized under those three qualifications?
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    But, no it has to be a new thread every time, as I suppose these extreme left wingers can't control themselves and their mad rush to denigrate the president of the US. Any attempt to set up a new forum would be completely wasted because they would start an innocently sounding thread in SO and shortly add on the lastest cut and past jobs from a left wing website.
    FTF2000-2008
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post

This is what I'm going to start doing, I think. I like this idea. A lot.
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

I say move them to The Blender.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    FTF2000-2008
    I cannot imagine how you could possibly believe that there were as many negative political threads started on SF during the eight years that Dubya was in office as there have been in the one year that Obama has been in office.

Honestly, I wouldn't post in political threads if I thought the criticism was fair and justified. I hate the current scaremongering and hateful diatribe going on now.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

Administrator
    vCash

Chuck, dude, seriously, you're way off on this one. I'm not going to take the time to research, but I can promise you the anti-dubya threads were 5-1 - at least - over the anti-brack threads. Hell, even tuba, rlimc, and the rest of the resident far Rs were bashing dubya in the last year of his presidency. And that doesn't include all the ill will spewed by our resident ultra-conservative republican LAS.

You just happen to like O, so you notice it now.

vCash

MODERATE Republican (as all real Republicans are...moderate)

And I challenge you to find ONE SINGLE thread started by Tuba or RLiMC that bashed Bush. Seriously. Go fer it.

Dubya had a solid year to two years of SO love after 9/11. Things really got ugly by 2004, though. I wouldn't say that it's 5/1 Bush/Obama now...probably 3/1 at this point...but considering that's an 8yr/1yr ratio...AND considering that Obama wasn't even IN OFFICE before the SO was wallpapered with I hate Obama threads and threads about how he's a secret Muslim...well...the future doesn't look bright.

vCash

I think the quality of the Obama threads' stupidity is more concentrated. Dubya's were much more shotgun stupidity. You'd get some stupid here, some stupid there, lots of stupid everywhere. But with Obama, it's all concentrated stupid that's like a fire hose. Sure you only have about three active threads a day, but.... damn.

Administrator
    vCash

Do you think that might be due to Obama's ultimate suckitude though?

vCash

I think it's related to Obama's SPECIFIC suckitude. Whereas W sucked at the war on terror, speaking, being a conservative, personal liberties, foreign policy, and a number of other things, Obama hasn't had time to do that. He's pretty much sucked at the economy. Give him time, and he'll have his chances at war, foreign policy, etc.