Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

The problem with US liberals nowadays...

is they don't act. They just talk. And swill overpriced coffee while lamenting the fascists.

Bear with me. In the early part of the last century, US liberals who supported the Russian Revolution went to Russia, shouldered a weapon, and fought the czarist forces. Not all of them, but a substantial number.

In the 1930's, US liberals who opposed the Republicans in the Spanish Civil War, went to Spain, shouldered a weapon, and fought the Republicans. In fact, by 1936, you could look high and low in NYC and hardly find a US liberal because they were all in Spain.

Fast forward to today. US liberals put a "Free Tibet" bumper sticker on their Prius, but don't give a second thought to actually traveling to Tibet to fight the Chinese.

What gives? Who stole the spine and resolve of US liberals?

discuss.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: The problem with US liberals nowadays...

I think even the Folgers we buy in the grocery store is to expensive so I guess I really am a moderate leaning towards conservative. Guess I'll go sip some hot tea now.

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    I think even the Folgers we buy in the grocery store is to expensive so I guess I really am a moderate leaning towards conservative. Guess I'll go sip some hot tea now.
    Tea crops were bad the last year or two, so prices have skyrocketed. Joke fail.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

Hell...I've seen the price of Tea functions too. Maybe it is best to just go to Starbucks and hang out.

Joke win.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

The problem with "r"epublicans right now is that Glenn Beck is the keynote speaker at CPAC, RIGHT NOW. On FNC.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner View Post
    The problem with "r"epublicans right now is that Glenn Beck is the keynote speaker at CPAC, RIGHT NOW. On FNC.
    ^^^ This.
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerloyal's Avatar
    vCash

You know, if I hadn't just lost my grandmother, after losing my best friend and my mother all due to substandard or no health care because they're not rich, even though they worked their arses off their whole lives, I'd be happy to rake this over the proverbial coals and get into an argument...but frankly, I don't have the heart. But feel free to regale me with the GOP absolute bravo sierra about the evils of socialized medicine and caring for our fellow man some other time, okay? Good to go.

But yeah, if they had the balls I do, they'd be ramming this shat right up the Con wazoo with no lube or reacharound, with my blessing.
    "I thought the only way we could beat Bama is if they came in unmotivated like we did against Boise. Bama wasn't caught off guard, OU didn't use cheap-*** trickeration...for 60 minutes we punched them in the face and they went down." - SoonernAR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    - Hubert H. Humphrey

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

so, Franco is a "republican" now?

talk about bad history.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

vCash

Thank goodness Glenn didn't die the last time he had surgery or America would never recover.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
    so, Franco is a "republican" now?

talk about bad history.
    So was Jesus. And George Washington. And Thomas Jefferson. Didn't you know?

The current "r"epublicans are like Mormons...going around baptizing people into their party after they die regardless of how they really lived their lives.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Well...at least they are baptizing them. They'd still be liberals without being baptized.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Leroy Lizard's Avatar
    vCash

So was Jesus. And George Washington. And Thomas Jefferson. Didn't you know?

The current "r"epublicans are like Mormons...going around baptizing people into their party after they die regardless of how they really lived their lives.
    King Crimson's comment went right over your head. Franco fought the Republicans (and kicked their butt).
    At least I'm not Jersey Sooner.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

naw. i think LA Sooner got it.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

vCash

I usually do.

Fortunately a shot of Penicillin usually clears it right up.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

I only drink the free coffee at work.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerloyal View Post
    You know, if I hadn't just lost my grandmother, after losing my best friend and my mother all due to substandard or no health care because they're not rich, even though they worked their arses off their whole lives, I'd be happy to rake this over the proverbial coals and get into an argument...but frankly, I don't have the heart. But feel free to regale me with the GOP absolute bravo sierra about the evils of socialized medicine and caring for our fellow man some other time, okay? Good to go.

But yeah, if they had the balls I do, they'd be ramming this shat right up the Con wazoo with no lube or reacharound, with my blessing.
    Without trying to be ugly, might I suggest that your grandfather, your best friend's husband, and your father go cop a non-union job and carry decent health insurance? I mean if they're laying around relying on the government tit, good luck with that. Just sayin'.

My pop died, and all my grandkids are being born under insurance plans that are bought and paid for, and are all quite comprehensive and groovy. And your caramel colored lord and saviour didn't have a gatdamn thing to do with any of it.

Administrator
    vCash

And did I mention my folks ain't rich either?

vCash

well, hopefully they never get sick, and lose their jobs or get dropped by their insurance companies

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerloyal View Post

Sorry for your misfortune.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    well, hopefully they never get sick, and lose their jobs or get dropped by their insurance companies
    Huh? My dad never made it past E-****ing 7 in the military. Then the county for 20-something years. If you get dropped, you move on. You don't sit around and whine because the system ****ed you. You nut up and pay your way. Sorry, but my sympathy switch for people who don't take care of their business is broken.

You got fired? Move on. You got laid off? suck it up. It's the American ****ing way. Unfortunately, whining about how bad you've got it has become the new American way...