Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Winning the War on Terror

ISLAMABAD – The capture of the Afghan Taliban's No. 2 commander by a joint CIA and Pakistani team dealt a fresh blow to insurgents under heavy U.S. attack and raised hopes that Pakistani security forces are ready to deny Afghan militant leaders a safe haven.

Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar's arrest in the Pakistani port city of Karachi may also push other insurgent leaders thought to be sheltering on this side of the border toward talks with the Afghan government — a development increasingly seen as key to ending the eight-year war.
    Guess Obama isn't weak on this issue after all, contrary to what Hannity and the Republicans claim.

vCash

Re: Winning the War on Terror

How does one win a war against a tactic? And a fairly successful tactic at that.

Declaring war on terror is as asinine and stupid as declaring war against gunpowder or a concept like "flanking" your opponent.

But, yes, the administration definitely deserves some credit here.

vCash

Well, at least one terrorist is out of commission.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

what has Obama done to strengthen our national security, this guy was captured by people on the ground that were already there. Im not talking sh*t, im asking if you have an actual answer to my question?
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    what has Obama done to strengthen our national security, this guy was captured by people on the ground that were already there. Im not talking sh*t, im asking if you have an actual answer to my question?
    About the same thing any politician does: take credit for success, blame someone else for failure! Ha!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

Well, to be fair, the people WEREN'T already there. This is part of Obama's initiative to recommit to Afghanistan and he's been the leader on going into Pakistan. Props to him for doing that. One thing this guy is NOT is weak on foreign policy.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

1. He has yet to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.
    2. He has put more emphasis on Afghanistan, where we were losing.
    3. He has killed terrorists in Pakistan with drone missles.
    4. He is working with Pakistan to capture terrorists.
    5. They can't hide in Afghanistan and now they can't hide in Pakistan. We finally have foreign policy that makes sense. Maybe we can catch Osama bin Laden next. Would'nt that be sweet? Obama beats Osama!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jdsooner View Post
    3. He has killed terrorists in Pakistan with drone missles.
    that's mighty impressive of our president, to say the least. super politician/super warrior.

vCash

Well, maybe he's not as great a warrior as Dick Cheney and George Bush, but at least he is willilng to take criticism for using the drones. Why not give credit where credit is due?

vCash

all of your answers were fantasy answers except for 1

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

CAMP LEATHERNECK, Afghanistan — Afghans who had been under the rule of the Taliban for years in Marjah are starting to offer help to U.S. and Afghan troops, pointing out the locations of buried roadside bombs as fighting continues in the town.
    "Most of the people know where they are already," said Lt. Col. Jeff Rule, a Marine operations officer. "We've seen people come to the Marines and the (Afghan security forces) and tell them where IEDs are," he said, referring to improvised explosive devices.

Rule suggested the development is a sign that the residents of this jihadist stronghold are feeling more secure that Afghan and coalition forces will remain to prevent the Taliban from returning.
    Fantasy?

vCash

Two suspected U.S. drone missile strikes killed at least 12 people Wednesday in an area of Pakistan's volatile northwest teeming with militants suspected in a recent suicide attack that killed seven CIA employees in Afghanistan, intelligence officials said.

U.S. officials rarely discuss the missile strikes, and although Pakistan's government publicly condemns them as violations of its sovereignty, many analysts believe the two countries have a secret deal allowing them.
    Fantasy?

vCash

you dont get it

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

I get it. You don't want to know hear anything positive about this administration. Your mind is already made up.

vCash

Actually go back and read any thread about Obama that ive ever posted in, I have always said that despite the fact that I didnt vote for him I will support him because he is my POTUS. My general opinion when it comes to this topic is that of the things he has "done" they were out of necessity and not some idea of his own, some of the things you listed he had no hand in.

He has also done some very idiotic things regarding our security such as attempting to close terrorist prisons and putting terrorists on public trial

~ Ivan Maisel

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jdsooner View Post
    1. He has yet to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. Ho-hum.
    2. He has put more emphasis on Afghanistan, where we were losing. He can afford to since the surge stabilized Iraq.
    3. He has killed terrorists in Pakistan with drone missles. So did Bush.
    4. He is working with Pakistan to capture terrorists. So did Bush.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

All but number 4 and 5 are fairly legit. But I seriously don't think pakistan gives a **** and they've NEVER been our ally no matter how much this and the last administration play pattycake and eat mudpies with them. 5 is just speculation and not anything that can really be counted until it happens. 3 isn't that big a change other than that we are actually acknowledging that we are doing it. The further emphasis is fully legit and he said so repeatedly during his campaign.

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -

vCash

such as attempting to close terrorist prisons
    Which he SHOULD do because a) it's against our ideals and b) it was a PR nightmare which gave our enemies ammunition against us
    and putting terrorists on public trial
    Which Bush also did. And which is according to our nation's founding principles, our ideals and what we stand for.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Say "Ho-Hum" to all the soldiers who died needlessly in Iraq, smarty pants.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner View Post
    Which he SHOULD do because a) it's against our ideals and b) it was a PR nightmare which gave our enemies ammunition against us Which Bush also did. And which is according to our nation's founding principles, our ideals and what we stand for.
    Where exactly does it state in the US Constitution that we allow foreigners the right to due process? Where does it state in the US Constitution that setting up POW or enemy combatant camps/prisons is against our ideals?

I'm sorry, but I feel better knowing that potential terrorists are not out running a muck trying to kill another 3000+ American Men, Women, and Children that did absolutely nothing to them!

Yeah, but hey...lets afford them the same rights as you and I, even though they are not American Citizens.

Anyone that thinks that is the way to go can kiss my fat white a$$!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?