Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OKC sushi

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

OKC sushi

So I've landed a first date on Saturday for lunch. I'm thinking sushi since we both like enjoy it. What recommendations does the SO offer? There are a number in the area but I'm thinking sushi neko on Western. Thoughts?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: OKC sushi

Quote Originally Posted by Petro-Sooner View Post
    So I've landed a first date on Saturday for lunch. I'm thinking sushi since we both like enjoy it. What recommendations does the SO offer? There are a number in the area but I'm thinking sushi neko on Western. Thoughts?
    Guy or Girl......
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SteelClip49's Avatar
    vCash

Sushi Neko is good but you get less for what you pay for.

I have heard mixed reviews on In The Raw but I have been a few times and while being pricy you get a lot more and I think it's very good.

Sushi Tokyo gets a lot of rave but it's basically overrated and you pay a lot for much less.

Okura on North May and I think 71st not far from La Baguette is a great place to go as well. I have been there once but I think it's very good.

Buddha Tao you get an unlimited selection of Asian cuisines and sushi meals. I have been there three times and you get exactly what you pay for. It's definitely worth it.

1. Buddha Tao
    2. In The Raw
    3. Sushi Neko
    4. Okura
    Land Thieves Legend

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUMallen's Avatar
    vCash

Best sushi in OKC is Tokyo on Western. It's not totally refined on the inside, either, which makes for a cool vibe, really.

http://www.eataroundokc.com/2008/tok...oklahoma-city/
    Olevet Posse Bail Bondsman

"I searched through rebellion, drugs, diets, mysticism, religions, intellectualism and much more, only to begin to find that truth is basically simple - and feels good, clean and right"
    - Chick Corea

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SteelClip49's Avatar
    vCash

Tokyo I tell you is not worth it. It has nothing to offer once you get there.
    Land Thieves Legend

vCash

You'd think the Eat Around OKC people and general rave about the place means there's SOMETHING offered once you get there.

"I searched through rebellion, drugs, diets, mysticism, religions, intellectualism and much more, only to begin to find that truth is basically simple - and feels good, clean and right"
    - Chick Corea

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ADs_Agent's Avatar
    vCash

go eat 'In the Raw', very ambiatic, it's in Bricktown or Campus Corner. Afterwards you can grab a cup of coffee at the Starbucks right nearby.
    "Wounds Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, and Glory Lasts Forever!"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CobraKai's Avatar
    vCash

I love "In The Raw." Their "Some Like It Hot" roll is one of my favorites. I've never had Neko, but some friends of mine swear it is the best.
    "That's a painting of me taking the bull by the horns. Its a metaphor. But that really happened."

Administrator
    vCash

Know how I know y'all are gay?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

Liking delicious food does not make you gay. Mmmmm. Neko. Might have to hit that place for lunch today.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 1890MilesToNorman's Avatar
    vCash

Does this qualify as sushi?

God, how I hate the 21st century.

OleVet Posse - dung slinger
    Free Booze and Spam . What else could a Man want?

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten View Post
    Liking delicious food does not make you gay. Mmmmm. Neko. Might have to hit that place for lunch today.
    Delicious food? Sushi is alright, but it's WAY overpriced, and every time I eat it I've gotta stop and get a burger or something to finish filling me up. Besides, you're a chick. Chicks like gay food.

Administrator
    vCash

One other thing. I think it's kinda risky taking a chick for sushi on a first date. What if your sushi ends up tasting like rotten *****? Or what if her ***** ends up tasting like rotten sushi? It's a lose-lose.

Take her somewhere like an Irish pub or something. Fish and chips or a burger and a couple Guinness'. You can't go wrong.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I hate to agree with , but sushi for a first lunch date seems strange to me.

Of course, if you've thrown it out there, you can't rescind. The only place in the city that I know of is Neko. I have only been to In The Raw in Brookside. Neko was pretty good a half dozen years back.
    Neko has nice atmosphere, but it may seem like you're trying too hard.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Delicious food? Sushi is alright, but it's WAY overpriced, and every time I eat it I've gotta stop and get a burger or something to finish filling me up. Besides, you're a chick. Chicks like gay food.
    You aren't eating enough of it. Give me two of some like it hot and one Id roll from ITR.

Mewchos grassius.

Oh and heavy on the wasabi!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    One other thing. I think it's kinda risky taking a chick for sushi on a first date. What if your sushi ends up tasting like rotten *****? Or what if her ***** ends up tasting like rotten sushi? It's a lose-lose.

Take her somewhere like an Irish pub or something. Fish and chips or a burger and a couple Guinness'. You can't go wrong.
    For some reason I can't get that Reeses PB cups commercial out of my head. "Hey! You got ***** in my sushi!" "No way dude! You got your sushi in my *****!"

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten View Post
    For some reason I can't get that Reeses PB cups commercial out of my head. "Hey! You got ***** in my sushi!" "No way dude! You got your sushi in my *****!"
    "HMMMMM, hey that's gooood!"

vCash

It IS overpriced.

And I love the overpriced Nirvana Roll at In the Raw.

- Chick Corea

vCash

"O" or In the Raw in Norman.

Oh and the Candy Roll at In the Raw RMFFO!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

I love Japanese food, especially sushi and sashimi. I think it is a great idea for a first date.

I have no suggestions for OKC Japanese restaurants. Some of you are mentioning about being over-priced. What would the typical bill be for two?

I think I would have price shock if I lived in the US. I took my 16 office colleagues out for lunch yesterday at a very good Japanese restaurant in Bangkok and the bill came to $120, or about $7 per person.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor