Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer misplacedsooner's Avatar
    vCash

wow, just how close are we?

now, we have shown we can play with any team in the league. we have beaten some good ones but lost to the very best....barely. this is with what we have and we are only gonna get better in the next couple years. as i look at this i think man, we got to win those close games against the good teams but upon closer thought....i didnt figure this to happen for a couple more years, next at best. we are doing this now!!!
    that said, if we slide in at say 8 does anyone like our chances in a 7 game playoff series with the lakers?? learning process at best i think....can we steal a game? we have played them tough this year. did they take us lightly? can we handle it when they turn it up a notch? keep in mind we play at times with 3 rookies on the court at the same time. the more i watch us the less i buy into the statements made that utah and some of the others will pull out the 8 seed from us....i honestly believe we are a better team. we are still learning, how many games have we had a shot to win at the final buzzer this year only to miss? in that respect we have been hard luck....look at the record we have now and think if half of those shots had gone in...we would be up around a 3-4 seed right now and i say that without research but i gotta be close right?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Re: wow, just how close are we?

We need a legit low post scoring thread before we seriously compete but I think we are in the playoffs this year if we stay healthy, it will be a fun ride the next few months
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

We're definitely a bubble team. Hopefully the committee will look upon our close losses favorably.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

i'll leave someone else to clean this.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Just enjoy the ride folks....you get one, maybe two years where you're just happy to be there before expectations start rising and it becomes tougher and tougher to meet them.

Take it from a long suffering Mavs fan who misses 1999-2002

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Playoffs this year at the 5 seed... count it...

vCash

If we make it it will be as a 7 or 8, not a 5, this isnt the East

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

we are super close to a 4 seed right now and have one of the easier scheduals of all west teams. a 4 seed would give us home court advantage in round 1.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by misplacedsooner View Post
    we are super close to a 4 seed right now and have one of the easier scheduals of all west teams. a 4 seed would give us home court advantage in round 1.
    The Thunder are tied for the 10th best record in the West. Sure, I guess it's only like 3 games, but it's 7 teams.

vCash

the west has been good for a long time but really? its crazy that so many teams are just right there, aside from the lakers, denver and dallas 4-8 seed is a crapshoot. 3 very good teams will be left out and none of them will be far off from a 4 seed but none the less will go home. hoping its not us.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

I was watching the game last night and turned the tv off when we were up 18(watching replay, it was about 120am). Just think, we were up 18! This team is heads and shoulders above last year. What fun!
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

vCash

No Carmelo but still...

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

ok, we have reeled off 5 straight, we are a 7 seed now and getting a little distance between 9 and down...a little, and fast gaining on a much higher seed. we are 2 1/2 games out of a 3 seed and 4 1/2 out of a 2 seed......crazy!
    durant is playing like an mvp candidate, westbrook is playing some awesome ball and looks like he is figuring out this point position that many said he couldnt....see his line against g.s.
    we are playing team ball. as much as i was wanting a bosh type player...i dont know, would he upset the chemistry? im thinking someone like david lee may be better for us, not even saying d.l. is a better player than bosh but for us i think he could come in and mesh better with what we have. he can score when needed, get alot on 2nd chance put backs, the guy will crash the boards all night and hustle....doesnt seem to have a big ego to be stroked. at worst i think we go 5-3 the rest of the month..at worst. the 3 possible losses being portland, dallas,at home, and s.a.
    march sets up really nice too as our only really tough ones away are denver to start the month and boston to end it.
    tough ones at home are utah, s.a., portland and the lakes.
    i like our chances more and more for a playoff home series.

vCash

big game tonight at portland, a win would be so sweet...no roy tonight so we could be primed to steal this one before the break. the way we are playing i almost hate to have the break now.
    i dont look for us to make any big moves before trade deadline but i sure would like to see an etan and ollie and maybe a 2nd rounder for david lee as the knicks wont be able to keep him next year and it would give them expiring contracts in their pursuit of labron.

vCash

oh, by the way we won

vCash

BTW, we are in 5th place

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner4FCD View Post
    Just enjoy the ride folks....you get one, maybe two years where you're just happy to be there before expectations start rising and it becomes tougher and tougher to meet them.

Take it from a long suffering Mavs fan who misses 1999-2002
    I know how you feel brother

vCash

i know...it is so wild in the west, we could jump to 4 or even 3 easily and then in a couple weeks we could be 9 and then back to where we are now. what were we 10 or 11 when memphis beat us then we rocket up again. these guys are playing some serious ball now and the chemistry is awesome.

vCash

Did anyone think two years ago that Russell Westbrook would be the likely future All Star out of him and Jeff Green.

Westbrook has gotten so much better this year, obviously he still needs to cut down on TO's and get better at shooting but the guy is averaging 16pg, 7.5apg, 5 rpg, and 1.2 spg as a 22 year old 2nd year point guard.

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

i was really leary about grabbing westbrook so high. what a great story he has turned out to be. a friends dad works in the thunder front offices and this summer he told me it was hush hush but westbrook was gonna be moved before the season started....so glad it was just that...a rumor, and if it was serious talks im glad they fell through. al eshbach?? westbrook WILL....IS an nba point guard.