SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

After 37 games folks...

Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: After 37 games folks...

Aside from the individual player development, the trades we've made have really made the difference for this team... Thabo, Nenad, and recently, the Maynor deal. Also, being in a position to take players like Ibaka and allow them to develop slowly is crucial. I'm a fan, no doubt. If Clyde had played for the Sonics, I'd be Thunder Fan Number One Super Guy right now.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

a W tonight would be bigtime... i'll be there
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

vCash

Presti has proven to be a genius, if he can somehow pull off Bosh in the off season I might have to buy his jersey, if he had one

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

I would totally wear a Sam Presti jersey. I mean, the fact that many casual fans at least recognize his name says a lot about how well he's done. It's been Spurs-esque in the rise based around a certain kind of player; a how-to manual on running a small-market team. I'm stoked for the Thunder, but if they play the Rockets, I want the Human Sharpei on Durant, I want Landry on Green, and I'll take our chances with letting the guards shoot from the perimeter. Sorry Thunder, but Clyde Drexler was my first NBA love, and the Rockets got him his ring. (I mean, he was explosive in those playoffs; he EARNED his ring, but he was on Hakeem's team when it happened, not his own...)

the_ouskull

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

Oh, and sit on this one for a second...

Bosh to Oklahoma City for Nick Collison, Jeff Green, Thabo Sefolosha, and B.J. Mullens - using Jason Kapono's 1.2 million dollar trade exception.

The Raptors lose the star power, but make up for it in production between Green and Collison, they gain a (very) green big man in Mullens (and G.M.'s love big men...) and, between Sefolosha and Green, they're also picking up two solid defensive players (well, one solid one and one with a rep for being solid, but who is actually starting to hurt more and more) to help bolster their rather-poor defensive play.

To really nail it down, Presti could even throw in a draft pick; maybe one 1st rounder (which wouldn't be a great pick this season anyway) or a couple of 2nd rounders (which we don't need with as young a team we have and as many players as we currently have in the "farm system," players like Kyle Weaver and D.J. White...) to sweeten the pot.

What do you know about that kind of trade?

the_ouskull

vCash

Id do it in a heartbeat considering Bosh was signed longterm which I assume he would

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

I'd do it if we couldn't guarantee him long-term.

- It's only a few hours from Dallas, and, while the Rockets might seem a bit tastier, it's a lot more expensive to live in Houston, too. He could be convinced to become a focal point of an impressive, up-and-coming team with proven management and a budding star in Durant. He would also be our post game, so his numbers would look great, getting him the recognition he deserves, and isn't getting, in Toronto - even in the "smaller" OKC market.
    - He's younger, and into the same things as our current crew.
    - If Harden is our 2-guard of the future, as much as losing him would hurt us defensively, moving Thabo while he's still got trade value isn't necessarily a bad idea. (Note: if ANYBODY can go in place of Harden, Weaver, a guaranteed 1st-rounder, etc... do it. I love Thabo.)
    - We're actually grading out to be a worse team +/- wise, with Green on the court. He's not a natural four, and his body is starting to show it. His head-smart game let him learn the basics of the position quickly, (benefits of four years of college, you're welcome) but he's still a three at heart, and in body.
    - Mullens is no great loss. Let's hope nobody realizes that until after THEY have him, too. We swung for the fences with a couple of extra at-bats, legging out a triple with Ibaka, and, if we can trade him for a more favorable situation, then we'll call Mullens a sac fly.

the_ouskull

vCash

man, i hope we do something with our front court. we don't have a single viable post player on the entire roster, save for collison but he's never going to give you a whole lot of production. krstic and green aren't post players. it was pretty sad seeing a 6'6 rookie completely own the paint until he fouled out in OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?