Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Tonight is a MUST win

I know a lot of you might disagree but the way this team is playing I feel that this is a must win game tonight. I feel that if we don't win tonight we could easily lose the rest of our games. I just feel the situation is that could really snowball looking at the schedule and how this team is playing. This is the biggest must win game for an OU game that I can really remember.

vCash

Re: Tonight is a MUST win

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ndpruitt03 View Post
    I know a lot of you might disagree but the way this team is playing I feel that this is a must win game tonight. I feel that if we don't win tonight we could easily lose the rest of our games. I just feel the situation is that could really snowball looking at the schedule and how this team is playing. This is the biggest must win game for an OU game that I can really remember.
    Huh. You don't have a very good memory. We can and should win tonight but we could win tonight and still go 5-11 in the league. If we lose tonight it sucks but I don't think anyone is going to look back at this game tonight as one of the biggest OU games ever. The biggest MUST win games are going to be in the Big 12 tourney.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

ST and RHCF are you all implying we can have any kind of season if we lost? This was a critical win,It gives us momentum going into the Saturday home game vs. Missou,win that and we have turned a corner.If we had lost tonite I can guarantee we would lose Saturday.Winning tonite does NOT mean we win Saturday BUT I think OUr chances just went up.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Ok, we won. Now what?
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    ST and RHCF are you all implying we can have any kind of season if we lost? This was a critical win,It gives us momentum going into the Saturday home game vs. Missou,win that and we have turned a corner.If we had lost tonite I can guarantee we would lose Saturday.Winning tonite does NOT mean we win Saturday BUT I think OUr chances just went up.
    Very nice win but I don't think last nights win is any type of landmark win in the programs history. Certainly not a year removed from playing North Carolina in the Elite 8.

We can beat Mizzou. If we beat Mizzou and follow it up with a road win then I'll be more optimistic about this year. I think at this point though the base thing we can do is get Fitzgerald & Pledger more playing time and build for next year. Not saying throw in the towel but we do not look like an NCAA tourney team right now. Just a team that can win a game at home, like most of the Big 12 teams.

Again good win last night. Huge implications from last nights win? Not really.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

vCash

If we lose last night it would have been much worse for the team. Wins will be hard to come by with this team.

vCash

Capel himself said a loss last night would have been devastating.

That said, I think Mizzou will give us the best idea of what to expect. It's a home game, on national TV, against a decent-to-good team with an intense style of play. A win means we flirt with .500 in league play. A loss, and we're looking at about 5-11, 6-10 or so, if that. JMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.