Thread: Nurse Jackie

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Nurse Jackie

just discovered last night on Showtime on Demand. We watched four episodes. I highly recommend it.

Nurse Mrs. Homey especially liked this quote: "Doctors diagnose. Nurses heal people. Never forget that."

Looking forward to Monday night re-airing of the season premier of "Big Love."

And "American Idol" is just around the corner. It's like TV is collectively trying to assuage the fact college football is over.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Nurse Jackie

Does Edie Falco get naked?

I'll take the answer off the air...........[click]

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

I won't spoil it for you since you haven't seen it yet, but I was pretty disappointed with the season premiere of Big Love. And I really like that show too. Hope it gets better as the season goes on.

vCash

VK....I know you know what a spoiler tag is right?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

It's not so much the plot that I would be spoiling, it's the fact that the show seems more like a comedic farce than it ever has been in the past. The show's charm has always been that the characters are nice, normal human beings, even if they are living in highly unusual circumstances. The acting seemed really forced, and the characters have become more like cartoons than real people.

Also, they have reworked the opening credits sequence and it frankly SUCKS. No more ice skating to the Beach Boys. I'm not entirely sure what they are trying to convey, it looks to me like everyone is drowning. You'll see what I am talking about tonight

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I watched the entire series of Nurse Jackie on Netflix, and I liked it a lot. If one is bothered by troubled people in rough circumstances, like such was the case in Breaking Bad, then you might not like Nurse Jackie. But, if you like interesting writing, that has the lead character not always doing good things, and sometimes getting into massive trouble, then I greatly recommend this show.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.