Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash

Re: so i walk into kmart here in abilene this morning...

That's hilarious. I really wish I could get one of those for each of these damn KBR workers here in Iraq with me. About 90% were rooting for Texass.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Bama Yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GEN4AU View Post
    So, we're still your gold standard?

Don't get your panties all bunched up over it. I was just pointing out the obvious. The only people who believe bama has 13 championships are bama fans. It's been proven that the others were claimed retroactively by the university. Hell, using bama math, Auburn could claim no less than 8 titles.

Have fun at Wallmart.
    So, you're willing to acknowledge the 8 titles we have won in the so-called "poll era" (1936 to present). That's a good start. Please explain to me why you can't give us credit for the following years:
    1925: Bama beat an undefeated Washington team in the Rose Bowl (only bowl game played and therefore a "de-facto" National Championship Game) to finish the season 10-0. This game put Southern football on the map.
    1926: Once again an undefeated Alabama team played in the Rose Bowl, this time against an undefeated Stanford (the United Press called the game "the football championship of America"). The game finished in a tie and Bama split the title with Stanford.
    1930: Another undefeated season and Rose Bowl victory (this time a 24-0 win over previously undefeated Washington State)
    1934: Again, an undefeated season and Rose Bowl victory (29-14 over previously undefeated Stanford). By this time they had added a couple of bowls, but the Rose was still the big game and still the de facto National Championship game.

I'll give you the 1941 title we claim is a somewhat of a stretch. But the undefeated teams of 1945 and 1966 could have at least gotten a share of the title (you guys can relate to this after 2004). The 1966 team is still the only team in history to start the season ranked #1, win every game and still not win the National Championship. So, everytime you guys whine about 2004, you should also mention the 1966 Bama team...

To recap, you give us credit for 8 and if the four mentioned above are legit, why can't you at least acknowledge that we have a dozen titles? Again, I'll give you 1941, but please explain why those early titles from the 20's and 30's are not valid.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 A Sooner in Texas's Avatar
    vCash

I was at Kroger last night, and lo and behold, there was a rack of Texas national championship shirts! Looks like some had been bought. I chuckled and walked by...didn't want to even get close to them.
    BTW SGT Park3R, how's your mom?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Park3R View Post
    That's hilarious. I really wish I could get one of those for each of these damn KBR workers here in Iraq with me. About 90% were rooting for Texass.
    Maybe they should back off the hash....lol.

NSFW

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerinabilene View Post
    and at the front of the store is a big display on Texas National Champions shirts with a big clearance sign on it for $2.50. i laughed and bought one.
    price of poker is going down
    “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.”

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OK2LA's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jello Biafra View Post
    kinda slow aint ya?
    You could've said you weren't serious . . .

and yes - I am kind of slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Pryor View Post
    Rough day. Prior to today, Brown was at the helm of the 2 most embarrassing and humiliating losses in the history of Texas football. Black Saturdays I and II: outscored 128 to 27. Inexcusable games. Nothing, ever, will change that. Simply the 2 lowest moments in the history of our program. Our most bitter, hated, loathed and despised rival completely rap*ng our ***, having mercy on us, and running the ball into the line to avoid scoring 70. I never thought I'd see another Black Saturday. Wrong.

I understand there's a lot of "Texas Longhorns 2009 National Champions" caps showing up in Madagascar and Tierra Del Fuego....the locals pick them up for a quarter apiece. I always wondered what happened to that kind of stuff that gets made before the game's outcome.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Jello Biafra's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK2LA View Post
    You could've said you weren't serious . . .

and yes - I am kind of slow.
    i weren't serious

i thought you had read more of my material to know i would, under no circumstances, back texas...lol

texas vs. satan......go satan
    Ole Vet Posse SGT-AT-ARMS.