Sooner Spectator Editor Jay C. Upchurch's Avatar
    vCash

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Re: Blake set to return on Jan. 20

Good news.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I have heard this date is a little bit flexible, because they are afraid that Blake will need additional time.

Poor Blake. It must kill him to not be able to play for so long

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

At this point he looks like Oden... except Blake dominated in preseason matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SteelClip49's Avatar
    vCash

Clippers just beat the World Champion Lakers and are riding a 3 game winning streak...overall they have improved without Griffin. With Griffin, this team is a guaranteed postseason team!!!!!

CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Land Thieves Legend

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FmrEmpOUathdept View Post
    Clippers just beat the World Champion Lakers and are riding a 3 game winning streak...overall they have improved without Griffin. With Griffin, this team is a guaranteed postseason team!!!!!

CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Put your avvie where your (online) mouth is... since your Steelers aren't going to the postseason, put up a Clips logo... if you're so confident.

See... I'll do the same for MY postseason-bound team

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

The Jan 20th date is tentative, as even his doctor won't set a specific date, and just as recently as two days ago, I was hearing mid-March, so let's not get TOO excited. I want to see Blake play this season, yes, but I want to see him play for a lot of seasons, and there's no point in pushing him to come back any more than he's already pushing himself...

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

Blake Griffin would love to know when he'll be able to play his first game for the Los Angeles Clippers. To set a date, circle it on his calendar and call up all his friends and invite them to the game, maybe even tweet it.

That's not possible just yet.

"I'll be back when I'll be back. My doctor doesn't even know yet," Griffin said on Wednesday, when asked about a report saying the team was targeting Jan. 20 as a possible debut for the No. 1 overall pick, who has been recovering from a stress fracture in his knee since the preseason.

"I don't even have an appointment scheduled yet. I feel good, it's just a matter of getting cleared."

Here's the latest on what Griffin can and can't do:

He can: run on a treadmill, shoot 3-pointers, do agility drills on the court and lift weights.

He can't: participate in scrimmages or full-court baskeball drills.

"I have no idea where that Jan. 20 date came from. I don't think it's an accurate date at all," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said. "But he's progressing. He's on the court. He's shooting the ball. He's on the treadmill with full body weight. He's shooting, running around, controlled stuff right now.

"We don't need to set dates. The first day he's ready to play, that's when we want him."

Ramona Shelburne is a writer and columnist for ESPNLosAngeles.com.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4803163

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Blake's been at the bottom of the bench on my fantasy team all season long. I need him back even more now that Gilbert Arenas' dumb *** is suspended.

vCash

I'll be in LA first week of Feb...hoping to see Blake live on the 6th.