SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Re: Marijuana=1 game for Moses

Yeah. Something makes me think if they suspended every player every time they smoked some weed, we'd have a really hard time ever getting ten dudes on a basketball court for a game.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerloyal's Avatar
    vCash

Regardless of the prevalence of marijuana use, it's illegal. Players have an obligation to not break the law - no matter for what university or pro team they play.

Frankly...even though I don't use it or care to be around it, IMO the illegality of it is stupid, a drain on time, money and law enforcement. Not to mention in light of this country's alcohol problems, sheer hypocrisy and a colossal invasion of privacy. But I guess that's a topic for the SO. Sorry.

But again, ya don't do that shat when you have a scholly and your school's reputation to uphold. Dumbarse move on the kiddo's part.
    "I thought the only way we could beat Bama is if they came in unmotivated like we did against Boise. Bama wasn't caught off guard, OU didn't use cheap-*** trickeration...for 60 minutes we punched them in the face and they went down." - SoonernAR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    - Hubert H. Humphrey

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

They actually suspended the kid for a game without saying why. Of course, when that happens, media runs court and jail record checks in the area, where they found out he had been arrested, hehe.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I'm sure he consoled B Spikes. Mr. Moses and Travistey Ford both agree... A half wasn't enough.... Better go with the entire GAME

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

There's only one (game) Marshall Moses
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

moses has had a history of thuggery, case in point was his all out attack on Blake Griffin last yr
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Travesty Ford reads this board, apparently.
    Link
    OK, maybe not I'm sure we're not the only one calling him Urban Meyer for his lax discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by the article
    What type of punishment? Ford offered a hint Tuesday night. When asked if Moses, who served his suspension Tuesday night, will return Saturday against Texas Tech, Ford said, "We are taking it one day at a time, but I believe so, yeah — if he still has any legs left after what he is going through."
    Uh oh. SOMEbody's channeling their inner Mark Mangino/Mike Leach

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Regardless of what people think of weed, the fact is it's illegal and he should be suspended for a helluva lot more than 1 game

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    moses has had a history of thuggery, case in point was his all out attack on Blake Griffin last yr
    At least he didn't try and eat him.

CEO, Devastation, Inc. John Kochtoston's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner View Post
    Yeah. Something makes me think if they suspended every player every time they smoked some weed, we'd have a really hard time ever getting ten dudes on a basketball court for a game.
    True, but he was driving while stoned. That makes it worse, IMHO, than simply lighting up a doob.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by John Kochtoston View Post
    True, but he was driving while stoned. That makes it worse, IMHO, than simply lighting up a doob.
    Very valid point. Driving under the influence is no es bueno.

The reaction of some to the simple act of smoking marijuana by a college basketball player is rather reminiscent of Captain Renault.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

I feel the same as soonerloyal, but I also don't condone driving under the influence of stuff like that.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

I believe there is actually a big push around the country to get it legalized to some extent, just look at the tax money they could bring in by taxing marijuana
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/