Sooner Benchwarmer misplacedsooner's Avatar
    vCash

taking it to the next level

what do we need to get there? more time with this core? a big name free agent? and if so then who? package someone or ones for a big time post? we have some nice picks coming up in the next few years and our backcourt is solid for years to come although alot of people dont really like westbrook as a point for us we need him there. what do we need if we want to play for championships and not just playoffs?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: taking it to the next level

need a big time post-player, and another shooter and we would be at that next level
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

vCash

More experience and a big time post player. I don't think anyone expected the team to be this good this fast.

vCash

posts are hard to come by though...jefferson? lopez? someone in an upcoming draft? i dont think mullens is gonna be the guy but i could be wrong. we picked him awful high on what he could possibly be...anyone think he is the answer?

vCash

There's a chance Ibaka becomes one of the top defensive post players in the game as he grows.

vCash

the younger gasol would be nice too....not that i wouldnt take the older one though but i doubt he is going anywhere.

vCash

Marc Gasol would be a f*cking coup for this team. It would allow us to turn Green into a cooler version of Ben Gordon, and we could start Nenad at his natural position, then. I mean, if we're bringing Green and Harden off of the bench at teams, we're NOT hurting, right? Lol.

But, since nobody in their right mind, named Chris Wallace, that GM's the Grizzlies would ever part with anybody named Gasol for pennies on the dollar, let's just forget about it.

So, in addition to the post presence that's already been mentioned, to get to the next level, this team needs to develop more consistency and playmaking from Westbrook. His 3 of 10 nights have to stop immediately. Ditto with his 5+ turnover nights. He's Russell Westbrook, not Allen Iverson's younger, taller brother.

This is a really young team, though, guys. Don't expect too much greatness from them, even though they're playing pretty well so far this season. They're still young, and they're still going to be impetuous, inconsistent, and, at times, impossible to figure out.

Just hang on, and enjoy the ride. Going from the bottom to the top is pretty f'in' fun.

Sincerely,
    OU Football 1998-2000.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09