Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Lebron is amazing...

That is all!
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Lebron is amazing...

i could have told you that years ago. no one in the league can sniff his jock strap. not CP3. not durant. not even the black mamba.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

too bad he will wear down at age 30....

like I've said many times

his athleticism is more impressive than his basketball skills... he will not be able to drive to the lane his entire career. the main reason his shooting percentage is so good is b/c most of his shots are in the paint.

his jump shot is horrible (outside the paint, inside the 3).. it always will be horrible

MJ and Kobe played the same way when they started. They then couldn't do that anymore. They already had jump shots... if you think Lebrons shot comes close to MJ or Kobes, ur insane!... i don't think it ever will be either. He is too big. too bulky....

another thing, Lebron came in the league at age 18... he is about to be 25 i think.... those 3 extra years in the nba are huge deal, compared to going to college for 2 or 3 years. Look at Kobe, you can tell he is starting to wear down... he probably has 2 more prime years.... then a couple of average seasons. The physical way Lebron plays.. is he really gonna be able to keep doing that?

As yall know I'm a professional Lebron hater, and I'm bias as ****. I've seen the guy play, and its amazing to watch.... but to be honest i can't seem him winning a ring in the next 3 years??? Stay in Cleveland if you want lol... it wont happen there. Shaq will be done soon... some think he already is... "Cavs got shaq, its over its over" says the retard sports fans.

go to the Knicks? still a 3 year process before they could compete for a Title

come to Houston, and I'll erase everything I've ever said about him. and jump on this wagon

The NBA is the only league where championships define greatness

Tim Duncan will always be over Karl Malone, 4 rings, 0 rings

Basketball you play O and D, and can single handily take over a game on both sides of the ball.

vCash

The thing is, Lebron is still young and will get a better shot but his shot is already pretty decent...and I started this thread cus I was at the game lastnite and saw first hand the carnage that he creates

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

yup, i remember u telling me you were gonna go see him.

sorry to hurt the thread. hehe

i like getting Eliseon and Scott D pissed!!!

vCash

you are starting to act like Curly with BV by saying that his jumper is terrible, far from it.

Lebron shoots 51% from the floor and 37% from 3
    Kobe shoots 48% from the floor and 30% from 3...sooo, try again Jlew

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Has Kobe called Tiger to give him any advice yet?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    you are starting to act like Curly with BV by saying that his jumper is terrible, far from it.

Lebron shoots 51% from the floor and 37% from 3
    Kobe shoots 48% from the floor and 30% from 3...sooo, try again Jlew
    how many of those shots are in the paint compared to kobe?

Shaq's lifetime FG% is like 58%

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

**** Lebron
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    how many of those shots are in the paint compared to kobe?

Shaq's lifetime FG% is like 58%
    No idea, ask skull to look it up, lol

~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Of course this is crazy but

Lebron could actually sign in OKC. We're one of a handful of teams that could offer him the max. Not saying it would happen, but it's fun to think about.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I was going to stay out of this, and let you guys have your little moment in the sun. And, I say this in all seriousness... jlew, aside from the factual inaccuracies, that post was one of your better ones. But, sadly, facts matter; the truth, it matters.

Aside from his rookie year in the league, LeBron's true shooting percentage has been over 55% every season. His effective field goal percentage has been over 50%, once again, except for his rookie season. Is he a great jump shooter? No. But, the thing about metric stats is that they take that sort of thing into consideration too.

LeBron doesn't have to be a good jump shooter for the same reason Shaq doesn't have to be a good three point shooter. In Shaq's case, he gets so many shots around the basket area, it offsets his horrible free throw percentages. In LeBron's case, he goes to the line so often, it offsets his outside shooting, which, by the way, isn't quite as bad as you'd like to think it is...

63% of LeBron's shots come from outside shots. On these shots, he shoots an effective field goal percentage of 44.2%. (for those of you who don't habla, eFG% accounts for the fact that a 3 is worth more than a 2) 37% of his shots come from inside shots (with 9% of those being dunks) on which he shoots an eFG of 73.3%.

Or, as people used to say back in the day regarding Shaq... "Yeah, maybe all he does is dunk, but ya know what? Stop it."

In addition, his usage rate has hovered around 33% (31.7%) for his career, so it's not like he's the only one taking all of Cleveland's shots, and, considering his assist rate of 33%, he's good at working the ball around too. And, when he DOES work the ball around, he's taking care of it, averaging a "bad pass" only once every 3.4 "good passes."

LeBron is, statistically, one of the greatest players in NBA history... already. And he is doing it in an era of parity like none other. He is doing it as the only legitimate threat on his team, something even Kobe hasn't had to do.

(Being the only threat on an also-ran, like the mid-00's Lakers when Kobe became Mamba for a while to help ease the pain of losing isn't nearly as impressive as being that threat on a deep playoff team...)

Also, as just a way to shovel a little more dirt on top of you and your argument before I run along... I'd like to point to clutch statistics. "Clutch" is defined as 4th quarter or overtime, less than five minutes left, neither team ahead by more than five points.

In "clutch" situations, LeBron shoots 54.2% from the field, with an eFG of 64.6%.

Yeah.

You dorks called down the Skull. You got him. If it's basketball, ask me before you start talking next time and you may save yourself some of what would be embarrassment if you knew enough to realize how little you actually know.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

Thanks for making my case, only with more valid stats

~ Ivan Maisel

We playin on the moon bitch, don't call me
    vCash

there are far too many numbers in that post for jlew to comprehend it. his head might stop spinning sometime early next week.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hella Sideburns View Post
    there are far too many numbers in that post for jlew to comprehend it. his head might stop spinning sometime early next week.
    Would he have been better off with binary? I figured well-argued points coupled with the correct use of the English language would be what threw him off, not numbers.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

skull,

my question is, will Lebron be able to drive to the lane consistently the rest of his career? no way...

I'm just waiting to see how good of a "shooter" he is, when the drive to the basket part of his game is over, or at least minimized. It must be nice to get coughed on, and it be called a foul.

My whole point or w/e is, sure Lebron is dominate right now... especially around the paint... but he wont be able to do that forever... you are right, he does not need to have a good jump shot, "right now"... what about in 5 years? The dude is a physical player..

Watch Lebron's next game. If he misses a layup/dunk its called a foul 99% of the time. If he makes it, they usually don't blow the whistle.

vCash

Lebron has a stronger body than MJ and Kobe, that is why they didnt drive as much later in their careers. He wont wear down as fast as they did because he is conditioned for it and has the physique for it. You forget Lebron is only 24, he has a bunch of good years left regardless

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    Watch Lebron's next game. If he misses a layup/dunk its called a foul 99% of the time. If he makes it, they usually don't blow the whistle.

You must not have seen Carmelo lastnite against the Thunder, or any superstar for that matter. Whether it is right or not, that is the way the NBA is

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

And why does Kobe get criticized for having good players?

who the **** was P. Gasol before he came to LA??? a tall guy with a decent game??

Bynum??? he injury prone, Kobe said he didn't even want him

Fisher?? Vet, but old

Trevor Ariza??????????????????????????????????? he has been in the NBA for over 5 years, and now somehow he is a "new great player"

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

**** Lebron
    Bazinga