Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Sneak Peek At A New Billboard Coming To Tulsa

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Sneak Peek At A New Billboard Coming To Tulsa

Oh dear... Please don't let it get to you, people...
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

I get what they are saying and I realize that deep down they arent trying to offend Christians but is it really necessary?
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    I get what they are saying and I realize that deep down they arent trying to offend Christians but is it really necessary?
    Are all the Christian billboards really necessary?

Promoting our message is the only way we ever makes gains.

vCash

The reason it isnt necessary is because of the wording and the location, we all know that a huge majority of Oklahomans are Christians, some of them fanatical, the way it is worded makes it seem like a pot shot at Christianity, I heard the guy in an interview explain what their point was but why do you need to make the point that you dont believe in God. No one really cares if you dont believe in God, thats your choice.

To me this is like Gay people who make such a big deal about being gay, if you are gay that is fine and I have no issues with it but do you really need to go out of your way to show everyone that you are gay? By bringing more attention to something like this all you are doing is being unnecessary

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

how does it make it a pot shot at christianity? it says god, not jesus. insert any god from any religion. it's pretty awesome people are coming out and professing an ability to think for themselves and not let themselves be threatened into believing ludicrous things.

vCash

I thought I told you to never talk to me on this board again, do us all a favor and pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

awww i'm sorry for hurtin your little feewers. there is that whole ignore feature ya know

SoonerFans.com Elite Member soonerhubs's Avatar
    vCash

So which one are you?

Seriously,
    I don't find this any more or less annoying than the "Go to Hell!... Or heaven! It's your choice" billboards.

vCash

I would be happier if it just said religion instead of "God". I don't know why.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    how does it make it a pot shot at christianity? it says god, not jesus. insert any god from any religion. it's pretty awesome people are coming out and professing an ability to think for themselves and not let themselves be threatened into believing ludicrous things.
    I've heard some people suggest that what ever people follow is their "god". I find that to mean things such as money, recognition from men, or even, I'd suggest, this society's version of "reason". Kind of paradoxical, no?

Grammatical aside: Does the period go before or after quotes? I always forget.

vCash

that would have been the better word choice. but i suspect they wanted to strike a nerve, and god would have done a better job.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

vCash

that would have been the better word choice. but i suspect they wanted to strike a nerve, and god would have done a better job.
    In all honesty, does striking a nerve with people usually arouse a "reasonable" or visceral, illogical response?

vCash

Exactly.

vCash

yeah i agree it's not really effective. they were probably just operating under, i feel attacked let me attack back mentality. i would have went with something like, free thinkers unite, or whatever their slogan is, then a link to the site. that way people might see it and be curious and check out the site when they get home instead of just feeling insulted at the no god thing and not ever thinking twice about it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

vCash

yeah i agree it's not really effective. they were probably just operating under, i feel attacked let me attack back mentality. i would have went with something like, free thinkers unite, or whatever their slogan is, then a link to the site. that way people might see it and be curious and check out the site when they get home.
    I suppose, in all fairness, I'll concede that they did get me to click on their website.

vCash

awww i'm sorry for hurtin your little feewers. there is that whole ignore feature ya know
    I could care less about you and your idiotic views on life, you have proven to be nothing more than a disrespectful and hateful person, therefore, I would prefer if you didnt respond to me or try and talk to me...easy enough

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerhubler View Post
    So which one are you?

Seriously,
    I don't find this any more or less annoying than the "Go to Hell!... Or heaven! It's your choice" billboards.
    Not in it actually. I know most of those people, but I wasn't at that meeting.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    The reason it isnt necessary is because of the wording and the location, we all know that a huge majority of Oklahomans are Christians, some of them fanatical, the way it is worded makes it seem like a pot shot at Christianity, I heard the guy in an interview explain what their point was but why do you need to make the point that you dont believe in God. No one really cares if you dont believe in God, thats your choice.

To me this is like Gay people who make such a big deal about being gay, if you are gay that is fine and I have no issues with it but do you really need to go out of your way to show everyone that you are gay? By bringing more attention to something like this all you are doing is being unnecessary
    I have just as much right to believe and promote my belief system as you do.

Sounds like you want everyone to be like you.

It's like you want to stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and sing Bible hymns and pretend the rest of the planet doesn't exist. It's kinda cute.