Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

God bless US President Obama

President Obama is saying all the right things during his trip to Asia, in my opinion. First US president to meet with the leaders of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) and he calls them partners.

I'm very pleased that President Obama decided to use his meeting with ASEAN leaders to put pressure on Burma to free Aung San Suu Kyi. The previous policy of ignoring ASEAN and the situation in Burma was clearly not working.

And, ASEAN has a 600 million population with a hodge podge of Muslim, Christian, Buddhist and Hindu.

I think President Obama has left for China this morning. The Chinese markets are welcoming him with Hong Kong up 1.49% and Shiang Hai up 1.80%. I told Thai investors to buy and keep buying this morning and thankfully that is panning out.

I told investors that I believe that Obama's trip will yield results whether it is apparent or not. China may not give anything away during the visit, but currency markets are likely to anticipate a more amicable relationship and understanding to resolve the imbalance of trade issue in an orderly manner that still protects China as the largest holder of US government debt.

Correct or not?
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

Re: God bless US President Obama

I'm sure this'll work out just as awesome as everything else Brack has laid hands on.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hail dear leader...............

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I'm sure this'll work out just as awesome as everything else Brack has laid hands on.
    Apparently so. And, it is working out pretty damn well for me. I told investors (and I email my comments to 40,000 investors each morning) that the Thai stock market is going to fly. Either President Obama is good or I am. Probably both of us...
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

Glad Brack is doing good by someone then.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ardmore_Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

I guess I don't frequent enough, but what exactly do you do Chuck? Sounds like a very interesting business life.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

the problem with barack obama is that he thinks too big for most small-minded americans. large-scale solutions for large-scale problems aren't like a mcdonalds drive-thru where you can get your quick and easy big-mac. many things take 10-20 years to truly change. healthcare, a change in energy policy (one where we're not directly funding our enemies), etc. are like turning a cruise ship. slow and steady.

of course, as americans we wanted the meaning to life and all other things solved in the first 6 months. and naturally, those who didn't want obama to win were going to pounce on him and rip apart his every move regardless of what he does...

i can't express how thankful i am that he is our president.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDXsooner View Post
    the problem with barack obama is that he thinks too big for most small-minded americans. large-scale solutions for large-scale problems aren't like a mcdonalds drive-thru where you can get your quick and easy big-mac. many things take 10-20 years to truly change. healthcare, a change in energy policy (one where we're not directly funding our enemies), etc. are like turning a cruise ship. slow and steady.

of course, as americans we wanted the meaning to life and all other things solved in the first 6 months. and naturally, those who didn't want obama to win were going to pounce on him and rip apart his every move regardless of what he does...

Thats comedy at its best!!

vCash

I'm head of research for the largest brokerage firm in Thailand. Small by US standards, but 40 branches, 600 marketing officers and 30-50,000 active retail accounts. What I do is panic each morning at 5am staring at a blank screen until I can come up with something useful and that unfortunately involves paraphrasing news of what is happening in the US. Yeah, I hate that and it is stupid. The cool thing is that I call the market and our stock picks tend to do very well.
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

LOL, that's good stuff.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Agree.

I also think that the stock market does not like change. Bailouts definitely yes, but change, no. Uncertainty requires a risk premium even if the changes are for the good. Obama has his detractors here, but he is rock star in Asia and apparently in Europe.
    SicEmBaylor

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

Then it'll probably work out pretty damn good.

I mean...it COULD turn out like everything Dubya laid HIS hands on...
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Wouldn't the same hold true then for the past administration(s) and the way the economy went during their time in office?

Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

LOL, that's good stuff.
    thanks!

vCash

LOL, that's good stuff.
    Yet incredibly accurate, unfortunately.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Thumbs down Re: God bless US President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Ardmore_Sooner View Post
    Wouldn't the same hold true then for the past administration(s) and the way the economy went during their time in office?
    What we are seeing now are the effects of his time in office.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner View Post
    Then it'll probably work out pretty damn good.

I mean...it COULD turn out like everything Dubya laid HIS hands on...
    Dead horse homeboy! "W" has left the building.

You libs need to come up with a better defense for your boy than: "W" sucked just as bad. I admit "W" sucked, now what about the idjit that's in there now???

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

What we are seeing now are the effects of his time in office.
    Yeah, cause that's exactly what I said.

I was actually agreeing with him and trying to make the point that both sides do the same crap whenever their guy isn't in office.
    Last edited by Ardmore_Sooner; 11/16/2009 at 12:53 AM.

vCash

Dead horse homeboy! "W" has left the building.

You libs need to come up with a better defense for your boy than: "W" sucked just as bad. I admit "W" sucked, now what about the idjit that's in there now???
    Not what I said, Homeboy.

Dubya is INFINITELY worse than President Obama has ever been, even on his worst day.

vCash

Not what I said, Homeboy.

Dubya is INFINITELY worse than President Obama has ever been, even on his worst day.
    How many Brack bumper stickers you have on your Prius anyway?

Olevet Posse Pistolero