Thread: BYU Jinx?

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

BYU Jinx?

I was thinking that with all the craziness that has occurred this year is anyone else up for never playing BYU again?

First time we played BYU in 1994 - Gibbs last season = loss and then 4 straight years of some of the worst football in OUr history.

Second time we played BYU in 2009 = already with 4 losses and begging for a 7-5 season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: BYU Jinx?

I don't believe in jinx(es). But I've been cranky with all my wives this season, so subconsciously, maybe I do believe this one.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't believe in jinx(es). But I've been cranky with all my wives this season, so subconsciously, maybe I do believe this one.
    Burn him at the stake!
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

No, we need to schedule them again so we can beat the cold hard **** out of em
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

I remember people saying that about us playing Miami in 2007... we did okay then.

You schedule big games and you play them... whether they're 0-12 and coached by Ty Willingham or defending National Champions coached by Pete Carroll. Would it have been nice this year to play UNT, USU, UT-C and ULaLa, get OUr O-Line in shape and save Sam and Gresham, etc for Texass? Yeah, definitely. But seasons like 2000 are a lot sweeter when you beat the best to become the best.

To add, a cakewalk 4-0 isn't always the best way to play football. Just ask Kansas. "How good are you?"" takes precedent over who you play.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."