Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Say goodbye to cheap TV's?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...icesnationwide

If passed, the best value in home theater HDTVs will disappear from California shelves and, some analysts figure, will ultimately cut consumer choices across the country.

DAMN CALIFORNIA
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

vCash

Re: Say goodbye to cheap TV's?

Why would this affect anyone in the other 49 states?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

cali is a pretty useful state...........................

caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc View Post
    Why would this affect anyone in the other 49 states?
    I'd guess that because instead of nutting up and saying that these Cali airheads can't draft legislation impacting interstate commerce OR inviting Cali residents to purchase something other than what they make for other markets (or get nothing and like it), companies will try to cater to this Great State whose residents have a GNP larger than most countries.

I suppose it's possible that they'll still produce sets as they do now, but it's also likely that in order to recoup the expenses of research and development of the new and as-yet perhaps uninvented technology, they'll just add expense to the entire line.

As indicated in the article:
    CEA fears new restrictions will quickly spill over into other states: as California goes, so goes the nation. Manufacturers will not make TVs that can be sold in one state and not another. Can you imagine The California Energy Diet TV versus The Super Size It Texas TV? Rather than driving Californians out of state and online to buy non-conforming TVs, the net result will be fewer choices for consumers.

"What is needed is congressional legislation on the energy efficiency of CE and other household product," said Steve Smith, Editor-in-Chief of Twice, the consumer electronics trade publication. "Congressional deliberations will allow the opinions of many [to] be heard and considered, rather than have one state legislature dictate policy on such a vital national issue."

It's not entirely dissimilar to what the Cali legislature has done to the auto industry on emissions.
    I got a bad mustache
    a recurring rash
    and not a lot of cash.
    I spend it on my stash.
    Man it's good to be a geek!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    A better idea would be for posters to stop being cockgobbling dooshrockets for the sport of it.

vCash

How 'bout they focus on the rest of the country. If Cali has no new big screen TV's, the population will demand they repeal the stupid legislation.

What is it with California and Texas that makes them believe anyone else gives 2 ****s what they think?

vCash

Funny how they compare plasma prices to LED instead of LCD to make it seem more dramatic.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 texas bandman's Avatar
    vCash

Sometimes I just wish they'd drop off into the ocean....I want my 60" HDTV!
    “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.” - Barry Switzer

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifax Autumn View Post
    But their stadium is haunted and we need to avoid it until Scoob and the gang solve the "Mystery of the Perilous Pirate".
    Olevet Troubadour

vCash

that article's numbers don't seem to be all that accurate...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

WTF business of yours is it if we decide we don't want to waste a bunch of energy when the technology to live smarter and cheaper is out there?

Unless, of course, you're not in favor of state's rights and prefer a strong centralized Federal government.

As for me, I already have a 57" LED TV hanging on the wall. Trust me, you don't need any more than 57".
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Simma down, Bruce.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner View Post
    WTF business of yours is it if we decide we don't want to waste a bunch of energy when the technology to live smarter and cheaper is out there?

Unless, of course, you're not in favor of state's rights and prefer a strong centralized Federal government.

As for me, I already have a 57" LED TV hanging on the wall. Trust me, you don't need any more than 57".
    Who said YOU get a vote in this matter?
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Who makes a 57" LED in the US?
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

vCash

Sorry. 55". Toshiba.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUHOMER View Post
    Who said YOU get a vote in this matter?
    My stock options in Sony.

vCash

oddly enough, some manufacturers are saying they're already at, or near the new energy star requirements and think they'll be able to hit the cali requirements

I don't think it's right for cali to have requirements stricter then the energy star ones, however I don't think it's unfair to ask the manufacturers to reduce the consumption of tv's.
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

Why does it matter to any of you what the State of California chooses to do? If we wanna be all granola and green and stuff, it's up to us, right?

You don't see Cali getting upset that y'all can still smoke in your restaurants and bars, do you? (p.s. - and if someone out here DID get pissed, I'd tell them to shut the hell up, too.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    cali is a pretty useless state...........................
    Fixed..!
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Fixed..!

More Cali jealousy...rearin' its ugly head...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

That didn't take long.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

vCash

Someone seems a little defensive...
    he likes the fight in this post. he likes the resolve.

he'll take this post around and post it on any sucker's message board that's beat him 5 years in a row.

he learned stuff today.