Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TripleOption14's Avatar
    vCash

So is this the worst team in the Stoops Era???

I think this years team is hands down the worst team in the Stoops Era!! All the penalites, turnovers, poor execution, dropped balls etc etc.. The 99 team was not even this bad. I know many of the players on offense are just puppies but my god!!!! And next year could be even worse because of all the players we're gonna lose on defense! What a bizarre bizarre year!
    Hard work will defeat talent everytime talent doesn't work hard!!

Sooner Benchwarmer the_sooners_abide's Avatar
    vCash

Re: So is this the worst team in the Stoops Era???

The 2005 team started out as bad...but they got better as the season progressed. This team, in my opinion, is digressing on offense and special teams and leaving a very good defense out to dry. So yes, I'd say this team, as of now, is the worst team of the Stoops Era.
    GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY

"Americans will always do the right thing...after they've exhausted all other options." - Churchill

Sooner Benchwarmer the_sooners_abide's Avatar
    vCash

But they are better than all Schnelly and Blake teams of the 90's
    GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY

"Americans will always do the right thing...after they've exhausted all other options." - Churchill

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

I feel for Murray, Broyles, and some of the legit stars. Defense was great last night. There are too many probs on offense. FGs would have won it for us.
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

vCash

Much better than ANY 90's team i say (because of defense) but I agree. Clearly, moving in the wrong direction and in a hurry! I know the injuries keep coming but man.... The O-line play is just pitiful at best.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUmillenium View Post
    I feel for Murray, Broyles, and some of the legit stars. Defense was great last night. There are too many probs on offense. FGs would have won it for us.
    As it did for Iowa St. And there in is another question. Ohio St. gets bigtime kicker after bigtime kicker!! Hell, lost Pettrey for the year and brought in this Barclay guy off the streets and he was smoking em!!!! How is it OU cant find ONE got d@mn kicker!!!!

vCash

Without a doubt, this is the worst team Stoops has ever fielded. I never thought a Stoops team would be this inept on offense!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TXBOOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Usually Stoops coached teams have got better as the year has progressed, especially the O lines. This O Line has not made those strides. That is why I can't understand why people think they will be better next year with Eldridge and Williams gone. Hey Rawlings in 2006 we had Cooper in the middle who was far more talented than any of these guys. Messner who was average was way better than any of them are playing.
    BOOMER SOONER!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

no doubt about it...it's the worst.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Whats sad is there are NO more games this year that we can say "yeah thats a win"
    this line intentionally left blank...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Yes. Even comparing to the first year team in 1999... that team got better as the year progressed.

I will have to say... we've been plagued with injuries game after game.

What happened to English last night? Alexander did well but the personal foul really hurt us last night.

Lack of discipline, too many penalties and bad kicks. Tough night.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

To answer the question: Yes (though the Blow-mar team was pretty shaky, too.)
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TXBOOMER View Post
    That is why I can't understand why people think they will be better next year with Eldridge and Williams gone.
    Good point. With the Losses on the D for next year my vote is that 2010 will be the worst team of the Stoops era.

Hook'em
    "But the pieces were there for success. Not BCS success. Not beat-Vince-Young success. But beat-TCU success. Beat-Baylor-before-overtime success."

Collier11, a Sooner Fan

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

So when does this guy get banned? 300 some odd posts and all taunting.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBacker View Post
    Without a doubt, this is the worst team Stoops has ever fielded. I never thought a Stoops team would be this inept on offense!
    2001 and 2005 were just as bad offensively.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner View Post
    To answer the question: Yes (though the Blow-mar team was pretty shaky, too.)
    in the beginning. But whether you like to admit it or not but the way we finished out and that win against #5 or #6 Oregon in the Holiday bowl gave a lot of hope for the next yr. Then we all know what happened

vCash

To be honest, this team is not the players we see on the field. Remember how many guys who have been hurt. Even with the young O-line, if all our players were able to be on the field, this team would be a lot better. Having ssaid that, I would agree that the playeers we are using are the worse of the Stoops years. Just hope they are better next year.
    The greatest thing in the world is...

Being both a grandma and a sooner!

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonervegas View Post
    So when does this guy get banned? 300 some odd posts and all taunting.
    As soon as he actually does something that breaks the rules. Being a fan of a rival team - while annoying - doesn't cut it.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

well Record ...why is it not 1999?

(season aint over)

vCash

And in all fairness, the offense did make nice improvements against Kansas and Kansas State, compared to the first game. What's so frustrating about last night was it was a regression to the BYU game.

Lost in all the commotion was the fact we actually did move the ball fairly well, but couldn't score. That problem has continued from day one. I think they're making improvement in that area, but...man, that was tough to watch.

I don't think Nebraska can defend the deeper sideline routes all that well but we didn't seem to test it. Instead we continued to work the middle of the field, which was an absolute minefield. Top that off with a rookie, redshirt freshman not playing particularly well (either because it was just time to play badly or he was rattled, or both), and you wind up with high, off-target passes. Receivers went back to their dropsy ways, too. Some of the passes were catchable, but they just didn't get caught.

We also seemed to just about give up on the running game because it wasn't working well enough.

The fourth and one call with the pitch to Murray was wide open up the middle if Jones had kept it for the sneak. I don't know why he stayed with the call.

I also think Landry would do himself some favors if he'd pull down the ball and take off running from time to time...though he'd probably catch grief from the coaches.

Way didn't exactly get any help in getting the ball positioned in the field of play, either. Two of the misses were on the hash marks. Personally I'd have stayed with Stevens. I guess it was some of disciplinary action, but though his kicks haven't been things of beauty, 11 for 11 from inside the 40 is NFL quality. The premium is paid on accuracy, not distance.