Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

The HOUSE CALL in DC today

Ms PELOSI...suck it, baby doll! NO SOCIALIZED MED., YAINCH!

Many thousands showed up to protest. Guess the vote is sat.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

Re: The HOUSE CALL in DC today

3,500 brainwashed morons who were also holding signs equating Obama to Hitler and questioning his birth certificate.

Heh...yeah...THOSE people.

Fortunately 60% of Americans are in favor of the public option and 80% of Americans are in favor of health care reform.

A TAD bit more than 3,500 lemmings.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner View Post
    3,500 brainwashed morons who were also holding signs equating Obama to Hitler and questioning his birth certificate.

Heh...yeah...THOSE people.

Fortunately 60% of Americans are in favor of the public option and 80% of Americans are in favor of health care reform.

A TAD bit more than 3,500 lemmings.
    Yes, anyone who protests socialized medicine or what Obama stands for has got to be mostly brain washed morons and hillbilly racists.
    If they take over health care it's going to be the biggest cluster **** this country has ever seen.

Even for Californians.

vCash

Keep tellin' yourself that.

I'll be the one giggling when I'm proven right AGAIN despite all your worries and indignation.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

vCash

Keep tellin' yourself that.

I'll be the one giggling when I'm proven right AGAIN despite all your worries and indignation.
    About what exactly? I'm not worried about anything my brother.

Have you ever been to a government run health clinic? I have many many times over. You just wait and see how skippy it is.

congrats on being proven umm right on an internet goober message board.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Does anyone else see the irony of people claiming Obama has taken their rights by use of public protest?

While I disagree with the motives, and seriously doubt they have any policy points beyond hysterical delusion, at least they are cognizant to a political process, so kudos for the wacky signs. For the record, I felt the exact same way about the same mobs in 2003.
    Boomer Sooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Just keep giving them enough rope...

vCash

You mean like the folks out protesting Bush's war who are strangely silent now?

I never once saw any goofballs out protesting terrorism.

you guys just wait for nationalized health care. Long lines even with an appointment. You don't get to pick a doctor.
    Your pending treatment must be approved by a committee.

We need a blood test for point B but you have to go to point A for it so they can send it to point B. Then report back to point B...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Why do you guys beat each other brainless on "no winner" issues like this ???

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus View Post
    Why do you guys beat each other brainless on "no winner" issues like this ???
    Well I for one don't like it when people cry dissent for nearly a decade and then poop a wad when it happens to their guy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    About what exactly? I'm not worried about anything my brother.

Have you ever been to a government run health clinic? I have many many times over. You just wait and see how skippy it is.
    I have.

There's a bit of a difference between that and what's proposed, however.

congrats on being proven umm right on an internet goober message board.
    Oh, shut it.

And I was referring to my assessment of Dubya circa 2004, btw.

vCash

You mean like the folks out protesting Bush's war who are strangely silent now?

I never once saw any goofballs out protesting terrorism.

you guys just wait for nationalized health care. Long lines even with an appointment. You don't get to pick a doctor.
    Your pending treatment must be approved by a committee.

We need a blood test for point B but you have to go to point A for it so they can send it to point B. Then report back to point B...
    Funny.

I was just in a nation with socialized health care and had to use it while I was down there and it was nothing like this. There were no lines. I picked my doctor. I didn't have to wait at all. The treatment was cheap and fast and effective. There were NO committees in sight.

I guess that the U.S. is NO New Zealand, though...

vCash

Funny.

I was just in a nation with socialized health care and had to use it while I was down there and it was nothing like this. There were no lines. I picked my doctor. I didn't have to wait at all. The treatment was cheap and fast and effective. There were NO committees in sight.

I guess that the U.S. is NO New Zealand, though...
    Well apparently it's not. I'd be all for it if it were such a Utopian wonder and we could actually afford it and make it work.

But then again New Zealand doesn't quite have the overhead that we do.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well I for one don't like it when people cry dissent for nearly a decade and then poop a wad when it happens to their guy.
    Oh, it was silly when they did it to Bush as well. I didn't like Bush, but it centered around the fact that I thought he was inept at administrative function and on the wrong side of policy, not borne of some fanatical fear that he would somehow make a major alteration in my daily life. There are millions of people that think Obama is on the wrong side of policy, which is fine, and as for administrative function, I think it's far too early to tell. However, let's not kid ourselves, people engaged in protest against the government while fully within their rights, aren't exactly coming from a nuanced position, what with angry mob and everything regardless of the tea party or G20 summit in which you are currently all in a tizzy.
    Boomer Sooner

vCash

Well apparently it's not. I'd be all for it if it were such a Utopian wonder and we could actually afford it and make it work.

Nor do they have the income and variety of industry. They are primarily an agricultural and tourism based economy with wool and lamb being their top products.

We earn JUUUUST a little bit more than they do.

And Canada ain't exactly a post-apocalyptic society either, ya know.

vCash

LAS, you never actually SEE the committee. I had to wait it out to get cancer treatment and if we wanted to get our newborn son circumcised we'd still be waiting on that one.

Call me crazy for thinking this takeover has as much to do with power as it does with helping out the peoples.

vCash

Nor do they have the income and variety of industry. They are primarily an agricultural and tourism based economy with wool and lamb being their top products.

We earn JUUUUST a little bit more than they do.

And Canada ain't exactly a post-apocalyptic society either, ya know.
    Variety, that's it! Kiss it goodbye if this happens.

If its good enough for Gollum, its good enough for you!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    If its good enough for Gollum, its good enough for you!
    I thought he self-medicated.

vCash

LAS, you never actually SEE the committee. I had to wait it out to get cancer treatment and if we wanted to get our newborn son circumcised we'd still be waiting on that one.

Call me crazy for thinking this takeover has as much to do with power as it does with helping out the peoples.
    That's under the assumption (and that's a 100 years from now worst case assumption at BEST) that we would become an ENTIRELY socialized nation with regards to health care.

In actuality we'd only be about 5% socialized.

And NZ still has private hospitals and private health care as options, by the way. So if you lived there and wanted a circumcision, you could quite easily still get it done (for your child...heh). And the cost would STILL be lower than in the States because of the public option.

And the meds are EASILY 200-300% less expensive down there than they are up here.

And I never saw a committee...and if there WAS some kind of secret, invisible committee then they had to make a quick decision while hiding in the closet because I was treated immediately even though I was a dirty illegal alien leeching off the system.

On a side note, I'm glad you kicked your cancer and are doing well now.