Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer IGotNoTiming's Avatar
    vCash

Why I Love Fox News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... without them Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert would have a lot less material for their respective shows.

I love how Fox is on a rant about how the White House is in a war against them... relating it to fascism, Stalinist, yada, yada, yada....

Stewart then pulls up a clip during the Bush admin... when his admin was being roasted by CNN.... the pundits at Fox.... the same decrying the actions of Obama's White House... were applauding Bush's staff for finally striking back...

Before anyone retorts... believe me, I KNOW that every so called media outlet
    (FOX, CNN, ABC, MSNBC, yada yada yada) is guilty of this from time to time...
    However when anyone leans too far in one direction, be it left or right... it sure is fun to watch them stew in their own sauce from time to time....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Why I Love Fox News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scoreboard!
    “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Fox is good news...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Why I love Ann Coulter...

"Keith O. majored in "communications" in college, not a research-related field, such as political science. In his coursework, he learned such skills as: Dramatically Turning to Camera, Hysterical Self-Righteousness, Pausing Portentously and Gravely Demanding Apologies/Resignations From Various Public Figures."

funny how some watch him and find him legit.
    Words you will never hear in a job interview...

"I see from your resume you graduated from OSU...
    Very impressive!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by abOUtwinning View Post
    funny how some watch him and find him legit.
    Dude, she's a lawyer and a parrot and a lapdog and a terrible author. So it's not like she should be in the business of casting aspersions at anyone.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

They have a way of keeping their viewers engaged in the news that other networks have not been able to do as much.

I do find that they are lacking some ethics, but for what they do in trying to draw in viewers, they do better than any other news network, as ratings show.

It would be unwise for the White House to continue trying to distance themselves from the network, even if they disagree with Fox's political stances.

vCash

I think it all depends on Fox really. If the White House doesn't give them Carte Blanche...eventually they are gonna become a Non-Entity. During the War they were allowed lots of Military access. If the current War and other conflicts they cover have them being shutout.....I think you'll see them turn into a mess. They'll be forced to get information instead of have access.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IGotNoTiming View Post
    ... without them Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert would have a lot less material for their respective shows.

I love how Fox is on a rant about how the White House is in a war against them... relating it to fascism, Stalinist, yada, yada, yada....

Stewart then pulls up a clip during the Bush admin... when his admin was being roasted by CNN.... the pundits at Fox.... the same decrying the actions of Obama's White House... were applauding Bush's staff for finally striking back...

Before anyone retorts... believe me, I KNOW that every so called media outlet
    (FOX, CNN, ABC, MSNBC, yada yada yada) is guilty of this from time to time...
    However when anyone leans too far in one direction, be it left or right... it sure is fun to watch them stew in their own sauce from time to time....
    yes because those other networks haven't given Obama a free pass on everything.
    I don't personally like any of them but you need to read up on who owns what network and the web that is involved. You could start with CBs and the powers that are behind it.

Ya, good post!

vCash

and how are they stewing in their own sauce? Because a show on the Comedy Channel makes fun of them?

vCash

burp

vCash

The news across the board has deteriorated significantly over the last 20 years. It can be directly attributable to companies that own them, trying to push their private agendas. While news companies have always been private, and my memory may fail me some, newscasters like Cronkite are a thing of the past. It seems they reported facts back then... now were there behind the scenes machinations going on back then? I am sure that the news
    entities were probably more trusting of the government because the country as a whole still trusted the government. Events like Vietnam, Watergate, Iran Contra eventually took it's toll on the blind trust we as common Americans displayed for the most part.
    So which is worse? To me that is a tough call.... however media outlets purporting news under an editorial overcoat is dangerous... We have seen a real rise in non facts being distributed by both the left and right sided news agencies as factual. All this does is keep the public ignorant.

I will say this... it is up to everyone that truly cares about this country to make yourself watch a topic that your are concerned about from as many different sides as possible before forming your own opinion.

IF Fox says it.... IT IS NOT entirely true. PERIOD!
    IF CNN says it....IT IS NOT entirely true. PERIOD!

The same can be said about every other news media outlet.

The truth always lies in the middle somewhere.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

typical donks

complain complain complain

vCash

I will say this IGNT...

Yeah some owners may have an agenda....but that won't get them ratings.

Every time some Dad puts a balloon in the air and can't find his kid....

That creates ratings. You can't plan for an agenda like that.

People want to see certain things and as long as the internet is banging out blogs and stories from all of us out there....the agendas these owners have will always take a backseat.

vCash

Actually because a comedy show brings to light the blatant hypocrisy they displayed with regards to arguing with the White House.

It is really simple dood....

CNN slams The White House during the Bush Admin... Fox Calls Them (CNN) wrong for doing such and congratulates the White House for speaking out against them.

now follow this because this where it gets REALLY tricky...

The White House (Obama's Administration) speaks out against Fox's viewpoint and FOX labels them Facsist, Stalinist....

What is genius about the whole thing is that a comedy show actually pointed out the how a revered news agency, so wants it's side to be heard, that they are willing to do the very thing it ridiculed being done by their competition.

Completely laughable....

vCash

Actually because a comedy show brings to light the blatant hypocrisy they displayed with regards to arguing with the White House.

It is really simple dood....

CNN slams The White House during the Bush Admin... Fox Calls Them (CNN) wrong for doing such and congratulates the White House for speaking out against them.

now follow this because this where it gets REALLY tricky...

The White House (Obama's Administration) speaks out against Fox's viewpoint and FOX labels them Facsist, Stalinist....

What is genius about the whole thing is that a comedy show actually pointed out the how a revered news agency, so wants it's side to be heard, that they are willing to do the very thing it ridiculed being done by their competition.

Completely laughable....
    SNL, Bill Mauer, Stewart, Dennis Miller and even Steven Colbert are doing what's been going on for years.

Stewart actually takes the time to educate himself and I dare say that one would need to be pretty quick on his feet to take Colbert on right now too.

All these guys take shots for ratings. Right now they are kicking their asses. It doesn't last forever though. Ask Miller, Mauer, Limbaugh, Hannity, SNL....they all have times where they start to fade. Stewart and Colbert are on a roll right now. They have decent writers and they do their homework. They are still comics though.

vCash

I am not in disagreement with you about that at all ST. It is because of the degradation in the quality of the news that these guys are doing so well.

I think that is my point about the state of the news that sometimes more facts are coming from the comedians and not the news.

vCash

The news across the board has deteriorated significantly over the last 20 years. It can be directly attributable to companies that own them, trying to push their private agendas. While news companies have always been private, and my memory may fail me some, newscasters like Cronkite are a thing of the past. It seems they reported facts back then... now were there behind the scenes machinations going on back then? I am sure that the news
    entities were probably more trusting of the government because the country as a whole still trusted the government. Events like Vietnam, Watergate, Iran Contra eventually took it's toll on the blind trust we as common Americans displayed for the most part.
    So which is worse? To me that is a tough call.... however media outlets purporting news under an editorial overcoat is dangerous... We have seen a real rise in non facts being distributed by both the left and right sided news agencies as factual. All this does is keep the public ignorant.

I will say this... it is up to everyone that truly cares about this country to make yourself watch a topic that your are concerned about from as many different sides as possible before forming your own opinion.

IF Fox says it.... IT IS NOT entirely true. PERIOD!
    IF CNN says it....IT IS NOT entirely true. PERIOD!

The same can be said about every other news media outlet.

The truth always lies in the middle somewhere.
    True dat.Everyone has a POV and an agenda.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Exept Bill O'Deilly of course.He is the new carrier of the Cronkite standard.

Oh boy am I gonna catch shiite now.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    Exept Bill O'Deilly of course.He is the new carrier of the Cronkite standard.

Oh boy am I gonna catch shiite now.
    Chortle...guffaw....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

I just find it humorous when anyone gripes about Fox being biased, THEY ARE ALL BIASED TO ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER, most to the left...quit acting surprised.

And to the statement about Fox being upset at the White House, think honestly to yourself if Bush had cut out MSNBC, there woulda been a sh*t storm
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/