Awesoministrator

vCash

IOWA STATE WINS THE SUPER BOWL!!!!111

All kidding aside, this is exactly the type of coach and attitude Iowa State needs if they're ever going to be successful.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: IOWA STATE WINS THE SUPER BOWL!!!!111

A bunch of happy 'Clowns. They've acted like that in the past after beating Iowa.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Theyve got bigger wins this year than we have so far
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I am happy for Iowa State. Screw Chizik. He's already overstayed his welcome at Auburn and got his own little Big Man on Campus moment earlier when Auburn beat Tennessee to get ranked and stay undefeated... then reality set in that there was a reason why he lost so much at Iowa State.

So anyway, good for Iowa State. They really, really need to make a Big 12 championship game. I bet they'd bring more fans to one than some of these crappy programs we've faced lately. Colorado? Pbbbth. I think they brough about two doze. Kansas State? Pbbbth. They probably wouldn't have even had 1k show up even if they knew how it would turn out! Mizzou? Well, Mizzou brought fans, but they sure didn't bring talent at QB

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

That is why college football will always be so much better than pro ball.

In Pacem Requiescat --- October 5, 2003 - October 18, 2010.

Wait I think I just became a Iowa State fan, yes.. yes I did.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r View Post
    That is why college football will always be so much better than pro ball.
    This is true. I would much rather watch a lousy college game then a great pro game.
    The greatest thing in the world is...

Being both a grandma and a sooner!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

And we now go to the office of Nebraska AD, Tom Osborne:

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
    And we now go to the office of Nebraska AD, Tom Osborne:

it's awesome every time I see it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    Theyve got bigger wins this year than we have so far
    If anything, I think wins at Nebraska and Kansas are equally impressive. They have no other good wins.

vCash

they hadn't won in Lincoln since '77. their record against Nebraska is worse than OSU's against us

i can see why they might be fired up about that. the current coach worked under McCarney in the '90s, i'd imagine he knows how big of a deal that is.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUMallen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OKC-SLC View Post
    it's awesome every time I see it.
    I get why that's funny and awesome, but what's more of the context behind that?
    Olevet Posse Bail Bondsman

"I searched through rebellion, drugs, diets, mysticism, religions, intellectualism and much more, only to begin to find that truth is basically simple - and feels good, clean and right"
    - Chick Corea

vCash

Osborne was kinda owned by Barry, so when he finally beats him and is headed to the Orange Bowl, he has to play OU again. a team he was pretty lucky to beat the first time

he knew what was coming

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I don't blame ISU for their reaction.I was in Memorial Stagium in Norman when ISU beat OU for the first time in like 33 years and they were pretty crazed then too.

The thing I recall most vividly about that game?As the ISU fans celebrated their win a little old man stood up in the south endzone.He had to be in his late 60's at least.He extended both arms,unfurled his middle fingers and screamed FU*K YOU at the top of his lungs.I completely lost,I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks.When there is a true DAVID win over GOLIATH(not some lame BSU vs. OU thing), who can blame David for acting like they just accomplished something?
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    I don't blame ISU for their reaction.I was in Memorial Stagium in Norman when ISU beat OU for the first time in like 33 years and they were pretty crazed then too.

The thing I recall most vividly about that game?As the ISU fans celebrated their win a little old man stood up in the south endzone.He had to be in his late 60's at least.He extended both arms,unfurled his middle fingers and screamed FU*K YOU at the top of his lungs.I completely lost,I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks.When there is a true DAVID win over GOLIATH(not some lame BSU vs. OU thing), who can blame David for acting like they just accomplished something?
    Can you imagine the euphoria (and yes, it has to happen someday, folks, assuming Baylor stays in the conference) when Baylor finally gets that elusive win over OU? That's what it would take there for a coach to get into Grant Teaff status.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    Can you imagine the euphoria (and yes, it has to happen someday, folks, assuming Baylor stays in the conference) when Baylor finally gets that elusive win over OU? That's what it would take there for a coach to get into Grant Teaff status.
    It'd take a few bowl wins to get to that level, but to get to a bowl we'll have to eventually beat OU.

At one time or another we've beat every Big XII team (not necessarily since the Big XII was formed) except for OU. We have never beaten OU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I get why that's funny and awesome, but what's more of the context behind that?

OU was on its way to a NC in '78 when we went to Lincoln undefeated and ranked #1. Lott, Sims, and the Bone were destroying people.

We fumbled 9 times in Lincoln and lost 6 of them (including Billy's fumble on the 2 yard line with a couple minutes to play) and lost 17-14. It was the 6th meeting between Switzer and Osborne....and Tom's first win. We were clearly the better team and blew it w/ our own mistakes. Everyone recognized it. (For what its worth....we would return the favor in '84.)

Nebraska lost the next week though (Mizzou IIRC) and it opened up the door for a rematch. We won the Orange Bowl 31-24....but were up 31-10 midway through the 4th and the Huskers scored on the last play of the game to make it look a lot more respectable than it was....the outcome was never really in doubt.

Nebraska knew they were lucky to even be in the game in Lincoln...much less win it. When Osborne got the call about the rematch...his face said it all.

OU beat every team they played in 1978. Alabama won the national championship.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

I am fairly sure that I started a thread at the beginning of the season about how Iowa State may go bowling this year. Nobody took me seriously....now look. They are one win away from being bowl eligible. With this schedule left:

10/31 @ Texas A&M 3:30 PM
    11/07 No. 14 Oklahoma State TBA
    11/14 Colorado TBA
    11/21 @ Missouri TBA

They probably get smoked by OSU, nobody knows how A&M or Mizzou will play, and Colorado is like intramurals BRUTHA! It still might happen.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

vCash

They can very easily beat Aggie and/or Colorado. Mizzou and Poke State will be a bit more difficult.

Good for them. I like Iowa State.