Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Let's talk Iverson, guys...

...it's the eve of opening night. I want to come clean about something. I used to love Allen Iverson. Not love, love, but just love. I loved that everybody thought that this hard-nosed, tough son-of-a-b*tch became the poster boy for everything that the suits thought was wrong with the league, when all he did was bust his butt to get to where he was, and play every game like it was his last.

THIS Allen Iverson...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...2362/index.htm

...but THAT Allen Iverson has left the building. That's why I am the way that I am about him now. If he's delusional enough to think that he's the same player now that he was then, then he deserves the disdain. He could make a championship contender a true, true threat... but he couldn't swallow his own ego and accept a diminished role. Now he's playing for Memphis, with 3 other one-on-one type players. (Gay, Randolph, and Mayo.) They say that they're going to have enough shots to go around... and their preseason even backs them up... a little bit.

But, I don't think I'm wrong about the man that Allen Iverson is NOW. I certainly hope that I am, but I don't THINK that I am.

Do you think that I am?

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Let's talk Iverson, guys...

CANCER

vCash

you must really be bored skull. the other 14 iverson threads aren't enough? how about a thread highjack: your pick to win the 2010 NBA title.

the boston celtics. too deep, and not over the hill quite yet. not to mention suffocating on D.

vCash

They're losing Big Baby for a while, which is going to have long-term effects on them. I don't want to pick a team right now. I don't like anybody but the Lakers enough to go out on a limb, and I don't like the Lakers, period. Lol. Give me a month.

And this Iverson thread is one that a homer like you may like... Read the article before you assume this was just another Tell The Truth About Iverson (only to watch the morons deny it) thread.

the_ouskull

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

I guess Iverson isnt quite the bad guy you all try to make him out to be, Seems very respected Rip Hamilton agrees with him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4602452
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

the only reason i somewhat like Rip, is what he did to duke in college!!!

vCash

Jlew, you are the opposite of a bandwagon fan, you are a bandwagon hater. You hate all the teams/athletes that everyone else hates, loser!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Since you still haven't read it, the article I posted is a very positive article about Iverson, and why I liked him as much as I did, as long as I did, before he became all about himself on the court... I appreciate what he does for the community-at-large off the court, believe me. I admire it, even.

This isn't about that. A.C. Green was a nice guy, man, but I'd rather have Karl Malone.

the_ouskull

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    I guess Iverson isnt quite the bad guy you all try to make him out to be, Seems very respected Rip Hamilton agrees with him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4602452
    it was widely known up here that Curry was fired because the choice was either him or Hamilton and Joe D sided with Hamilton.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

As he should have, I dont know how, with him being an ex player that he coulda promised Rip and AI that they both were gonna be the guy. That kinda stuff doesnt fly in the Pros and is really shady

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

I still feel that the Billups for Iverson deal was the worst move of Dumars' run as GM so far, well ahead of his second worse move the drafting of Darko over Chris Bosh. It's still strange around here with Rip being 'The Man' when that role had been Chauncey's for years.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

I coulda told you that Bringing in a primary scorer type in Iverson to an offense like the Pistons ran wasnt gonna work

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Bringing in anybody that thinks they're a primary scorer when they no longer are is going to hurt a team.

the_ouskull

vCash

some buddy of mine the other day said AI was a top 10 player of all time

i didn't know who was more dumb, him or Obama????

AI is not even a top 30 player of all time

vCash

Id say AI is borderline 40-50 range if you are being honest, no higher and no lower

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    I coulda told you that Bringing in a primary scorer type in Iverson to an offense like the Pistons ran wasnt gonna work
    I could have told you that getting rid of a point guard for a shooting guard and putting another shooting guard at the point guard position wasn't going to work. And hell, despite winning last night the situation isn't any better since we've got 3 shooting guards for 1 spot and they're paying Ben Gordon too much bank to sit on the bench as a 6th man.

vCash

I guess we coulda told each other

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

I've been telling all of you all of this for a long time now. Why do I have no bards spinning me glorious tales of danger and woe?

the_ouskull

vCash

So you are saying weve been disagreeing even though we agree? LOL

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

we sitting here, i suppose to be franchise player, and we in here talking bout practice