Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Brewmaster

vCash

How times change...

Man. I first got on these boards and the South Oval was totally dead, except for 04 and a few select others - all the cool kids hung out on the Football board.

So then people started getting annoyed that they couldn't find any actual football talk on the Football forum, so the admins started moving non-football junk to the SO, and so all the cool kids hung out on the SO.

Then people go annoyed because everything on the SO turned into Fark wars sooner or later, so we created a Fark forum and moved all that stuff over there, and now no one goes over there except the same crowd of farkers and the lazy bums saying "hey, someone fark this pic for me!" (Back in the day the answer to that would have been "download the GIMP and learn to do it yourself!")

Then pretty much everyone abandoned the football board somewhere back around 04/05 because of all the idiot noobs demanding we fire all our coaches, so the SO got real lively again.

And now, I can barely stand to come in the damn SO because every goddamn thread turns into an idiotic political slapfight.

OK, rant over.

And don't give me the "if you don't like it don't read it" line - I'm a moderator. I have to read all this **** to make sure no one's been called a skeezy ho-bag, or something. Ugh.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Re: How times change...

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    Man. I first got on these boards and the South Oval was totally dead, except for 04 and a few select others - all the cool kids hung out on the Football board.

So then people started getting annoyed that they couldn't find any actual football talk on the Football forum, so the admins started moving non-football junk to the SO, and so all the cool kids hung out on the SO.

Then people go annoyed because everything on the SO turned into Fark wars sooner or later, so we created a Fark forum and moved all that stuff over there, and now no one goes over there except the same crowd of farkers and the lazy bums saying "hey, someone fark this pic for me!" (Back in the day the answer to that would have been "download the GIMP and learn to do it yourself!")

Then pretty much everyone abandoned the football board somewhere back around 04/05 because of all the idiot noobs demanding we fire all our coaches, so the SO got real lively again.

And now, I can barely stand to come in the damn SO because every goddamn thread turns into an idiotic political slapfight.

OK, rant over.

And don't give me the "if you don't like it don't read it" line - I'm a moderator. I have to read all this **** to make sure no one's been called a skeezy ho-bag, or something. Ugh.
    Heh, Skeezy ho-bag.

Oh, BTW, post reported.
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Penguin's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    you're weird

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post

Are you attacking a mod?
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Post Reported.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner View Post
    Post Reported.
    Post reported for faking a post report

-Isaac Asimov

vCash

GHP is a skeezy ho-bag

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    GHP is a skeezy ho-bag
    Well, been nice knowing ya. Enjoy the vacation.

-Isaac Asimov

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 A Sooner in Texas's Avatar
    vCash

I'm sitting at my desk at work, trying not to snort coffee out my nose. Thanks for the laughs, guys.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

Wasn't here in the past, but could it be that there hasn't been a more contentious, arrogant administration in some time? Just sayin...

Brewmaster

vCash

Nah, the political nonsense started taking over back around the 04 election.

Except that back THEN most people had the decency to can the politics talk during football and basketball season.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

I used to post back then in '04 and '05 as one of those dumb noobz you were talking about. I used to try to get all politically up in it but now I just mainly lurk. There's definitely less non-political chatter on the SO though, and no more WAYLT threads or just nonsense about "THAT BASTARD ON SOONER ROAD" posts, which makes me sad but it's alright. Still a lot of the same people, and **** I missed when I stopped coming here before.
    Shyin' away

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

**** tower
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    **** tower
    that what you're having for diner too?

-Isaac Asimov

vCash

What political threads we had in late 04 an on into early 08 were wide and far , Now since early 08 they have taken over
    Every thread turns into one .
    WE dont have the jackassery goodtimes of eggin someone into a Helender
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    What political threads we had in late 04 an on into early 08 were wide and far , Now since early 08 they have taken over
    Every thread turns into one .
    WE dont have the jackassery goodtimes of eggin someone into a Helender
    **** YOU YOU SKEEZY HO-BAG!!!!

-Isaac Asimov

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok View Post
    that what you're having for diner too?
    hold on while I try to interpret your post
    Bazinga

vCash

Havok is a whore
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Havok is a whore
    Damn, you figured me out.

Wish I still had my troll...

-Isaac Asimov

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post

You do?

Crap.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)