Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Fox News is not News

hmmm why does this not surprise me?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...late-fox-news/

Senior Obama administration officials took to the airwaves Sunday to accuse Fox News of pushing a particular point of view, one week after the administration fired its initial salvo to try to isolate the news network by accusing it of being a GOP mouthpiece.

"A lot of their news programming, it's really not news. It's pushing a point of view," senior adviser David Axelrod said on ABC's "This Week."

"The way we -- the president looks at it and we look at it, is, it is not a news organization so much as it has a perspective," White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel added on CNN's "State of the Union."

The open assault on Fox News began last weekend when White House Communications Director Anita Dunn accused the network of being a "wing of the Republican Party."

"What I think is fair to say about Fox -- and certainly it's the way we view it -- is that it really is more a wing of the Republican Party," Dunn said on CNN. "They take their talking points, put them on the air; take their opposition research, put them on the air. And that's fine. But let's not pretend they're a news network the way CNN is."

Despite calls to the White House this week, the administration did not offer a guest for this weekend's "Fox News Sunday" to talk about Dunn's comments, although administration officials appeared on all four Sunday morning shows to speak on various issues.

President Obama has had interviews with all of the other Sunday talk shows except "Fox News Sunday," including a whirlwind weekend in late September where he appeared on all other Sunday talk shows.

Michael Clemente, Fox News' senior vice president of news, said the administration's strategy appears to be misdirected.

"Surprisingly, the White House continues to declare war on a news organization instead of focusing on the critical issues that Americans are concerned about like jobs, health care and two wars. The door remains open and we welcome a discussion about the facts behind the issues," Clemente said in a written statement.

Former Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove said Fox News' commentators have been tough on Obama but the White House appears to be confusing the news and opinion that appears on the network.

"They're conflating the news side and the opinion side in order to -- in order to attack a media outlet. Again, it's undignified for the president of the United States to be doing" Rove said on "Fox News Sunday." He added that it is the administration's practice to attack its critics full-throttle.

"I think this White House is dominated by Chicago- style politics, so if you don't like the questions that are being asked by Major Garrett or Wendell Goler or Chris Wallace, then you try and demonize Fox News," he said.

Though Fox News has won the cable news ratings race consistently for years and is closing in on network news numbers, Axelrod and Emanuel both encouraged other news outlets to not treat Fox News as a news organization.

"The bigger thing is that other news organizations, like yours, ought not to treat them that way, and we're not going to treat them that way." Axelrod told ABC.

Axelrod was quick to point out that though the White House views Fox News as biased, the administration would continue to interact with Fox News. "We're going to appear on their shows. We're going to participate, but understanding that they represent a point of view."

"President Obama's going to talk to all the networks," said former Clinton adviser and administration confidant Terry McAuliffe, who appeared with Rove on Fox News. "He's going to go out there. He loves competition. He loves being engaged in the battle."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Partial Qualifier's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Fox News is not News

OMG, a news agency is pushing a particular point of view? No way!

Administrator
    vCash

Even Bush wasn't a chump enough to call out all the liberal news networks when he was prez. Sounds like the brack is a little insecure to me.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

You've been added to the Enemies list Dean.

vCash

Well...

Honestly....

Even CNN isn't doing a great job of reporting the news.

The Majors are failing...Printed news is trying to stay in the game.

Lots of stuff is really falling into the crapper. Fox really does need to send some of their folks to 3rd World Countries for awhile and let them report real news instead of manufacturing every damn minute of air time to oppose the current Administration. I think there are plenty of other things they could report to put the Obama Camp on notice with than to broadcast tea-party crap.

Fox is extremely biased. But it is not really as biased as it seems because we are so desensitized to the liberal media as a whole because most of the media is dominated by a liberal bias. And things like msnbc are waaaay more biased than Fox News. Personally I don't get any of my news from tv anymore, I can't stand any of them. I get all my news from the internet.

vCash

And the internet is full of folks who really do their Homework.

That's the thing that is wrong. The majors have all caved in to sponsors or political entities.

They have quit doing hard news. Mike Wallace might have gotten hammered over what he did...but it's probably a lot less of a big deal than not doing any real news. They all have seemed to turn towards reporting things they can get on video, things that can lurk a response out of the entire Nation in 15 minutes. It's almost like they have rooms of people that sit there waiting to be shown a clip and then ask them how they feel. Get the right response and it...hurry...we've got to get this "On Air".

I akin it to what Hollyweird does with movies prior to release.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

They report, you decide.

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Whet's Avatar
    vCash

Would you expect anything different from the Axelrod/Emanuel? The reference to Chicago politics is right on target.

Some really believe Obama was found in a basket next to the Chicago River and grew up to became the only clean politician to come out of Chicago!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Fake outrage is fake. Fake news is fake. Fake publicity is fake. Fake administration is fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Keith Olbermann on msnbc is pretty unbiased though.
    IMO, tv journalism in general has pretty much gone in the crapper since it became 24/7. it's is all pretty much all opinion/editorial style now instead of reporting no matter which channel you watch.

ps, way to smack down free speech though Axlerod & Emanuel.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RFH Shakes View Post
    Keith Olbermann on msnbc is pretty unbiased though.
    IMO, tv journalism in general has pretty much gone in the crapper since it became 24/7. it's is all pretty much all opinion/editorial style now instead of reporting no matter which channel you watch.

ps, way to smack down free speech though Axlerod & Emanuel.
    I wasn't aware freedom of speech meant you had to talk to everyone who had a forum. Well, guess I better go register on whornfans and orangepower, wouldn't want to smack down their free speech.

To the Hindenhavok!
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok View Post
    I wasn't aware freedom of speech meant you had to talk to everyone who had a forum. Well, guess I better go register on whornfans and orangepower, wouldn't want to smack down their free speech.

To the Hindenhavok!
    Obviously those aren't real messageboards because they don't agree that OU is great.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

But let's not pretend they're a news network the way CNN is.
    Well, I don't pretend Obama's a good president like Reagan was, so I guess we're even.
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RFH Shakes View Post
    Obviously those aren't real messageboards because they don't agree that OU is great.
    Dude, I'm starting to have meh doubts

I just keep telling myself "1997, 1997, 1997" then I don't feel so bad.
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

In my opinion, Fox News is no different from one of ther reality TV shows. It is not journalism. It is not fair. It is for ratings and advertising dollars.

President Obama shouldn't play along with their mindless game shows. Kudos to the Obama cabinet ministers who refuse to be subjected to pot shots and all of the silly name calling for the simple purpose of ratings.

But what does that say about America...?
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    In my opinion, Fox News is no different from one of ther reality TV shows. It is not journalism. It is not fair. It is for ratings and advertising dollars.

President Obama shouldn't play along with their mindless game shows. Kudos to the Obama cabinet ministers who refuse to be subjected to pot shots and all of the silly name calling for the simple purpose of ratings.

But what does that say about America...?
    To be fair, when the next "Republican" president comes into office and refuses to go on NBC or MSNBC, their will be another sh*t storm.

-Isaac Asimov

vCash

So Dear Leader will talk to Iran and Venezuela, will bow to Saudi king and stab our allies in the back, but he won't talk to Fox News.

And we wonder why the Brits call him President Pantywaist...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok View Post
    To be fair, when the next "Republican" president comes into office and refuses to go on NBC or MSNBC, their will be another sh*t storm.
    What's funny is that even after CBS tried to throw the 2004 election by fabricating the national guard story that got Dan Rather fired, Bush didn't say a word.

And he sure didn't attack them or want to shut them up.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dio View Post
    Well, I don't pretend Obama's a good president like Reagan was, so I guess we're even.
    Reagan was a good President?

Oh yeah...he was a good president.

Not as good as Nixon though. Nixon knew when to pack it in.