vCash

Re: USA Soccer

Quote Originally Posted by JLEW1818 View Post
    World Cup this summer. Group of death.
    Germany
    Portugal
    Ghana
    US
    Looks like the ol: soccer is really about to take off in this country thing will have to wait another 4 years. LOL
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash
    I got into the women's more than the men's. Hahaha
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

I got into the women's more than the men's. Hahaha
    I'm probably the same way - they're of course better to look at, and in women's soccer I can buy that these are some of the best female athletes we can produce. In men's soccer I can't help but think that's not the case, that if they were some of our better athletes they'd be playing football or basketball.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Plus, compared to some of the countries that really can play soccer we look like trash comparatively.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash
    Yup, I'm the same way.

Soccer is simply a bonus sport for me. I want our best athletes to continue to want to play Football, Basketball, and Baseball.

But... It's still fun to know we could be the best at soccer if we wanted to.
    Could you imagine Lebron and Kobe growing up only playing soccer?
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Yup, I'm the same way.

Soccer is simply a bonus sport for me. I want our best athletes to continue to want to play Football, Basketball, and Baseball.

But... It's still fun to know we could be the best at soccer if we wanted to.
    Could you imagine Lebron and Kobe growing up only playing soccer?
    I only like watching soccer when it's the very top-level stuff. Give me the Brazils, Germanys, Portugal, Spain on the world stage, or at the club level Barcelona & Real Madrid. One of the reasons I don't like watching USA soccer or any lower level stuff is it too much resembles little kids just kicking the ball all over the damn place and then chasing it.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Yeah, how about Lebron as a goaltender?

People like Chris Paul & Russell Westbrook flying up & down the field or pitch or whatever the hell they call it?

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

But here's what's crazy! While I mock the: soccer is about to really take off in this country crowd. If I had young boys, I'd damn sure let em play soccer before I'd let em play football!

I've very much joined the camp that playing football just isn't worth the real likelihood of lifelong bothersome injuries, and in many many case injuries that are considerably more than just bothersome.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash
    If you have a girl, make her play golf. Guaranteed scholarship if start at young age.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If you have a girl, make her play golf. Guaranteed scholarship if start at young age.
    Golf is an expensive sport. You can just invest the money and pay for her college, and let her do stuff she enjoys as a college student.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    But here's what's crazy! While I mock the: soccer is about to really take off in this country crowd. If I had young boys, I'd damn sure let em play soccer before I'd let em play football!

I've very much joined the camp that playing football just isn't worth the real likelihood of lifelong bothersome injuries, and in many many case injuries that are considerably more than just bothersome.
    I have a family member that has dementia that was at least partly due to a couple concussions he suffered playing D2 ball. I can only really bring myself to watch OU and St. Louis (my NFL team) anymore, and for a while I struggled to even do that. If I had a kid, I probably wouldn't tell him he couldn't play, but I definitely wouldn't encourage it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Golf is an expensive sport. You can just invest the money and pay for her college, and let her do stuff she enjoys as a college student.
    So is select volleyball. Just StFU dude. Years later and you are still a dbag.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash
    Wish all starters were playing. Lame
    Posted from iOS app

vCash
    No LD.
    Arguably still the best soccer player in America
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

We've got more depth and speed than we've ever had but I still dont know how we will get out of our group. If Germany wins their first two and then rests their starters when we play em it could come down to that game if we can FINALLY beat Ghana and get a tie out of Portugal. Whatever 4 years have passed and its time for some ball. The wc has always been a great way to get through the summer and bring college football little closer to kickoff. Times are good.

vCash

So far so good. No slow play. Not a lot of knocking the ball around the midfield for 40 mins just to play it safe. As far as the US, not real pleased with Jones saying he wouldn't celebrate a goal if he scored against Germany. He is one of 5 US-German players on the squad but dang dude, you are playing for OUR country. Scoring in the wc at all is enough reason to lose your mind and I'm sure if he does manage to score he'll lose it and hopefully it equals a win for US. But lets pls Ghana tomorrow and go from there

vCash

10 mins to kickoff. Anyone watchin this little sportin contest?

vCash

Goal USA in 36 secs.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reflector's Avatar
    vCash

That was a really good game that the US just had with Ghana.
    <a href=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/reflector3/sig_reflector.png target=_blank>http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w..._reflector.png</a>

vCash

Best win since 2002. So proud of this team. Goal in under a minute, give up the lead late in the game, then get the game winner. I get that I'm the only one that cares besides jlew but he's disappeared