Re: I have held my fire for 1 season

Quote Originally Posted by CBUS_SOONER View Post
    Or have ever played a sport
    That too.
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

LOL. I'VE PLAYED EVERY SPORT EVER SO I KNOW MORE THAN PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SOONER44EVER's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by prrriiide View Post
    I'm not saying the defense lost the game. I am saying that the defensive coordinator lost the game. When you are late in the 4th and you MUST HAVE a stop, don't play a 10-yard cushion against a team that lives and dies by the timing pattern! That is a complete breakdown in strategy, and that goes directly to the coordinator.

Do I think Wilson was too conservative? Yes. But I also think he did a decent job, given that injuries have filleted our offense like a sea bass. Of course the offense is a glaring problem. But it is not un-workable. The defense was at 100%. The players mostly played a great game. The coordinator's strategy stunk up the stadium.

I expect a championship-caliber coordinator's defense to be able to come up with a stop on 3rd and 6. I expect that a championship-caliber coordinator's gameplan will be able to put the clamps on in that situation and not give up that 8-10 yard cushion that Miami exploited all night, and that everyone in the human race knew they would. ADJUST! Every person watching that game KNEW that the 3rd down play would be an 8-yard out timing pattern to the left. Every time they completed that play last night it went for a first down.

Did BV think Miami forgot how to play their short passing game after the Blacksburg debacle? Stupidity is often defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Allowing that 3rd & 6 to happen last night is a glaring example of stupidity. Did BV REALLY expect a different result from the other half dozen times Miami ran that EXACT same play?

Whipple outcoached Venables last night, and it wasn't even close. Even with that shytty gameplan, our D held that potent offense to 14 points in their own house. Imagine what this crew could do with a DC that could compete coaching-wise with these big-time OCs.

When you MUST HAVE a stop to have a chance at winning the game, you're damm skippy. BV's play-calling never gave the D a chance to make that critical stop, or quite a few others throughout the game.
    I understand what you are saying. I'm just saying if the offense did their job the D wouldn't have even been in this position. Not yesterday. Not playing BYU or Florida either.
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Two words for you of you thought Wilson
    did a good job.
    Play action. It may just be one word.

Whatever, Wilson apparently has never
    heard of the word.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Two words for you of you thought Wilson
    did a good job.
    Play action. It may just be one word.

Whatever, Wilson apparently has never
    heard of the word.
    2 more words. Common sense.
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

vCash

Thumbs up Re: I have held my fire for 1 season

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER44EVER View Post
    I honestly think a lot of people on this board don't even watch the games.
    Then there are those of us that spend hours pouring over tape...making comments on a message board and then being told we should let the ones who watch the highlights the next day make comments about firing a Coach or blabbering about how the OC and/or the DC ruined their life because they lost a $20 bet to some aggie at work...

Me...I store my DVRd games for the slow off season and await the blabbering that is sure to come if we don't win it all each and every year.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 prrriiide's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Then there are those of us that spend hours pouring over tape...making comments on a message board and then being told we should let the ones who watch the highlights the next day make comments about firing a Coach or blabbering about how the OC and/or the DC ruined their life because they lost a $20 bet to some aggie at work...

Me...I store my DVRd games for the slow off season and await the blabbering that is sure to come if we don't win it all each and every year.

All well and good. I'm glad your life allows you time to pore over tape. I don't need to re-watch debacles to know that Venables schemes cost us big games. He was DC for 2 of the 4 worst beatdowns in OU bowl history. Time and again, when OU REALLY needs a stop, his scheme does not have players in a position to make a play.

Mark it: OU will not win another BCS game while Venables is the DC.
    In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is strength. In water there is bacteria.

vCash

Thumbs up Re: I have held my fire for 1 season

Quote Originally Posted by prrriiide View Post
    All well and good. I'm glad your life allows you time to pore over tape. I don't need to re-watch debacles to know that Venables schemes cost us big games. He was DC for 2 of the 4 worst beatdowns in OU bowl history. Time and again, when OU REALLY needs a stop, his scheme does not have players in a position to make a play.

Mark it: OU will not win another BCS game while Venables is the DC.
    Yep...The Coaches probably only need to watch it on the field to be an expert like you.

vCash

Yep...The Coaches probably only need to watch it on the field to be an expert like you.
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

vCash

You don't have to be an expert to know that something is wrong with the schemes on both offense and defense.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    You don't have to be an expert to know that something is wrong with the schemes on both offense and defense.
    Your right...all ya gotta do is expect to win it all...talk a lot of **** and then fire everyone when you don't win.

vCash

Man, this board is good at putting words in people's mouths.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I honestly think a lot of people on this board don't even watch the games.
    They watch, they just don't know what they are watching.

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Your right...all ya gotta do is expect to win it all...talk a lot of **** and then fire everyone when you don't win.
    So u are okay with losing consistently in bowl games and on the road against teams we are favored to beat? Why do you give the coaches a free pass on this?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 prrriiide's Avatar
    vCash

Disingenuous ad hominem douschebaggery.

I never claimed to be an expert. But anyone with two eyes and a brain cell rattling around in their head can see that Venables got schooled last night. Just like he did against WVU and just like he did against USC. The only good spot is that Miami is nowhere near as good offensively as those two teams were. If they were, we would have never been in that game.
    In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is strength. In water there is bacteria.

This scheme won't work against anyone if the offense doesn't put points on the board. There is only ONE defensive stat that matters. Points allowed. We are #4 in the nation in this category. Once again, the defense is not the problem.
    Are yo kidding me, are we really going to go by these stats, do they really mean anything?

Here is a stat for you, mark my words. Whatever we score against UT the defense will give up more points and fail to get off the field when they have to. That's the only thing has any meaning to me.

In any close game we lose !!!

In the meantime I bet you our defense looks like gang busters against Baylor hell we might be #3 in the nation by the end of next week.

Maybe they'll make a MNC for defensive rankings.

WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

2 more words. Common sense.
    Please, by all means expound on your statement.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kingsby View Post
    Are yo kidding me, are we really going to go by these stats, do they really mean anything?

Here is a stat for you, mark my words. Whatever we score against UT the defense will give up more points and fail to get off the field when they have to. That's the only thing has any meaning to me.

In any close game we lose !!!

In the meantime I bet you our defense looks like gang busters against Baylor hell we might be #3 in the nation by the end of next week.

Maybe they'll make a MNC for defensive rankings.

WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!
    So if the D gives up 3 points and we lose 3-0 its the D's fault we lose right? Just checking.
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jduggle View Post
    You're probably going to have to say it again. Because it seems to me that this scheme doesn't work against good teams and certainly has proved to be pretty ineffective on the road and moreover, totally over matched in bowl games.

Where's Curly Bill??
    I've long since come to the conclusion that BV is operating with an IQ of about 80. He knows what he knows about football from his years of exposure to it and that's all he knows. To think he can or will at some point come up with a plan to stop someone from exploiting what our defense is giving up in the course of the game is pie in the sky at this point. We run the same defense year after year knowing the weaknesses of it, and of course our opponents knowing the weaknesses of it as well. Any team with talent on par with, or even near ours, is able to exploit that knowledge. Our blitz scheme is the lamest there is outside some poorly coached junior high teams, and our opponents know that as well. Without Jeremy Beal being a beast last night how good does this defense look?

BV looks like a deer in the headlights during games because that's what he is. He can see the truck about to run him over but he doesn't have the mental acumen to realize he needs to get out of it's way. During games he can see the opponent picking us apart over the middle, throwing 3rd down passes in front of our DB's, but he doesn't have the mental horsepower to figure out what to do about it. Thanks for the loyalty Bob, maybe someday even you will get tired of this same old tired act.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Please, by all means expound on your statement.
    Anyone with any common sense wouldn't call a draw on 3rd and long....................like what, 5 times?
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!