I have held my fire for 1 season

2008 OU/Texas 4th Quarter 35-38 D needs a big stop, result 35-45

2009 OU/Florida 4th Quarter 14-17 D needs a big stop, result 14-24

2009 OU/Byu 4th Quarter 13-7 D needs a big stop, result 13-14

2009 OU/Miami 4th Quarter 20-21 D needs a big stop, result 20-21

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This is a Chumpionship Defense

No way!!! Last week we were the greatest ever according to fools that posted here. Great defense. Its was tulsa.......

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

But we dominated Tulsa 2 weeks ago!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 meoveryouxinfinity's Avatar
    vCash

We don't know how to win close games. Only ones I can really think of recently are OSU last year, where we pulled away late, ISU 2007 where we won 17-10 or whatever after losing to Colorado the week before, a few Mizzou games where the final score was closer than the actual game, and that Texas A&M 11 men on the field game.
    Not my chair not my problem thats what i say

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Our D was decent.

Didn't play as well against the run as I would have hoped.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Sadly it was a repeat of the last few big games. Our D is actually really good giving up 14 points, can't fault them for the turnover and extremely short field. I just don't know why when the game is on the line we just can't get the stop or maybe I do but I'll keep the BV bashing to a minimum. Tonight the D had the chance to make a huge play and swing the momentum over to us and Franks drops a pick 6. BYU and tonight when the other team got the ball late in the game with our D on the field. The thought never crossed my mind that we would actually get the stop. The last few years have sapped my faith in the D making the play when its needed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Our defense has given up 8.5 points per game this season. I really don't think much more needs to be said.

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Gotta make the stops when the game is on the line; a Brent Venables defense fails miserably at this WAY too many times

vCash

I'm not going to put the loss on the D. But we all knew we went in the game with the D needing to win it...and they did not. I conclude that since 2000, we have not had a game winning D.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod3157 View Post
    Sadly it was a repeat of the last few big games. Our D is actually really good giving up 14 points, can't fault them for the turnover and extremely short field. I just don't know why when the game is on the line we just can't get the stop or maybe I do but I'll keep the BV bashing to a minimum. Tonight the D had the chance to make a huge play and swing the momentum over to us and Franks drops a pick 6. BYU and tonight when the other team got the ball late in the game with our D on the field. The thought never crossed my mind that we would actually get the stop. The last few years have sapped my faith in the D making the play when its needed.
    Come on, they where exposed tonight - as always. No passion except for Beals and finally Murray late

Franks coverage has been awful - until the pass you mentioned

Franks was also the weak link bad against BYU.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rainiersooner View Post
    I'm not going to put the loss on the D. But we all knew we went in the game with the D needing to win it...and they did not. I conclude that since 2000, we have not had a game winning D.
    Our 2001 defense was better than 2000.

2000 was just bailed out early in the year by an explosive offense. When Heupel got hurt, the D peaked.

We were so fortunate in 2000. Not a SINGLE game missed to injury for the starters.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Lots of injuries in the last 4 games... but I think the turning point for tonight's game was the fumble when Landry got hit from the right from an unblocked pass rusher. Easy 11 yard pass (although through 4 defenders) and a great pass by the receiver and it changed momentum of the game for the second half.

We played catchup for the rest of the night and got to within 1 point but not enough. That turnover hurt.

The Franks interception/pick six would have helped... but the momentum was with Miami until the defense picked up early in the fourth.

We have a poor track record on the road...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Wheres that thread two weeks ago about how great the D was???

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 mightysooner's Avatar
    vCash

They were gouged on run after run by an offensive line that was criticized last week for being terrible. And of course...they have a banner night against our all NFL defensive front 7. I got tired of seeing Miami's RB's carry 3-4 sooners on their backs for big gains all night. This D is overrated. Outside of Beal, not one D-linemen had a presence out there tonight. AND....I'm tired of us being weak over the middle season in and season out. People just drag route us to death because we can't cover a pass over the middle. Enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Our defense has given up 8.5 points per game this season. I really don't think much more needs to be said.
    Other than you are incredibly mediocre minded. But then again, I guess that didn't need to be said either, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mightysooner View Post
    They were gouged on run after run by an offensive line that was criticized last week for being terrible. And of course...they have a banner night against our all NFL defensive front 7. I got tired of seeing Miami's RB's carry 3-4 sooners on their backs for big gains all night. This D is overrated. Outside of Beal, not one D-linemen had a presence out there tonight. AND....I'm tired of us being weak over the middle season in and season out. People just drag route us to death because we can't cover a pass over the middle. Enough...
    Vulnerables is in over his head. He's incompetent and has been exposed time after time, yet Stoops keeps him, why??? Because he's getting 4 mil a year and doesn't give a **** if he craps out a garbage product. It's time he feels some heat.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

where was G mckoy?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by itsok View Post
    where was G mckoy?????
    HAD to be sick. I've never seen him like that before.

Mike Stoops. OU needs him back.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JBIILonghorns View Post
    Mike Stoops. OU needs him back.
    Why does everyone keep bringing his name up. Yea, the defense was great with Mike, but they had their flops also. Time makes you forget the bad things. Although, this is going to be hard to forget...

At least with 2 losses, we have a good chance at winning our bowl game.