Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BOOMERBRADLEY's Avatar
    vCash

Throw up a prayer for Tebow? I don't think so...

The guy has a concussion. So what? People get hurt and killed on a daily basis and they get no prayers.

We have brave men and women fighting and dying overseas so that guys like Tebow can be a drama queen on the sidelines of a football game, and many don't pray for them either.

I never wish harm on ANYONE but throwing up a prayer because Tebow got a bump on his head is not exactly a priority for me.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 meoveryouxinfinity's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Throw up a prayer for Tebow? I don't think so...

I bless my food before every meal and get down on my knees before bed (lulz). I pray for those in need, those hurting, and those healing. I know some people pray about as often as they wash their hands, and that's OK too.
    Not my chair not my problem thats what i say

vCash

Your gonna go to hell you BoomerBradley...I'm tellin' Yermom.

I will be perfectly honest, I said a quick prayer for Tebow. That was when he was laying motionless on the field for a few minutes. I don't care for all of the media attention that Tebow gets, or his histrionics on the sidelines, but he was hurt. Concussions are far from just a little bump on the head. They have been known to be career ending injuries in certain cases.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Regardless of Tebow-antics, we should never wish harm to any player from any team. It's okay to despise 'em, hate 'em, and be generally nauseated by any media reference to 'em. It's not okay to wish harm to 'em or rejoice in an injury. It's thinking like that that brings bad karma to our team - and lord knows we've had our share this season.

BOOMER

vCash

Sorry, it's just part of the game.

How much press and attention outside of Oklahoma, did Sam get?
    It's just entertainment!
    Lost in Mexifornia (Irvine, CA)

“We’re the dark matter. We’re the force that orders the universe but can’t be seen,” - JSOC Navy SEAL
    The US Navy might introduce the GAU-19 to the Iranian Navy speed boats, like a shot across the bow.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

I think we need more threads devoted to this topic.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Leroy Lizard's Avatar
    vCash

Boomerbradley is right. When it comes to celebrities, they wouldn't give a rat's *** about any of our problems, why should we care about their's? And that goes for their careers as well, not just their health.

When we care what happens to them, and they don't care what happens to us, that places their lives above our's in importance. Screw that!
    At least I'm not Jersey Sooner.

vCash

Meh, be above their level then. Care for others regardless if they care for you.

I certainly hope he will be fine and play football again. I'm sure he will.

The hit and watching the d-bag look senseless though? Priceless.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Lizard View Post
    Boomerbradley is right. When it comes to celebrities, they wouldn't give a rat's *** about any of our problems, why should we care about their's? And that goes for their careers as well, not just their health.

When we care what happens to them, and they don't care what happens to us, that places their lives above our's in importance. Screw that!
    I don't know what planet you are from but here on Earth, most of the people are kind and compassionate to their fellow mankind. Yes there are a few who do not seem deserving of our love and consideration but often they are the ones who need the most help. As for the celebrities here on Earth, many of them are the ones who take up causes like AIDS in Africa, Environmentalism and Natural disasters like Katrina. No, I do not agree with all their agendas nor fully appreciate or understand their motives but am more than willing to applaud the effort.

On your planet, It seems that if you see someone speed past you then later find them in a car wreck, you would be the type of person to say "serves you right" rather than "can I help"

I'll say a prayer for you as well.
    this line intentionally left blank...

vCash

Im throwin up sompun with all this teblow carp , But it aint a prayer
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Thumbs up Re: Throw up a prayer for Tebow? I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    How's our little buddy doing anyway? Is he still in shock? Did you have the TV on when it happened?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

This thread is useless without pics. hehe
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerLB's Avatar
    vCash

Well said sir, well said!
    I'm no rocket surgeon, but . . . I am a member of the OLEVET POSSE!

"I'm too busy to help out right now....I'm trying to train a lizard to jump through hoops." - StoopTroup

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Lizard View Post

impressive.

Must be sad to be you.

Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

second thread on this subject. kind of disturbing when you really think about it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    How's our little buddy doing anyway? Is he still in shock? Did you have the TV on when it happened?
    Hes hidin under his rock
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Thumbs up Re: Throw up a prayer for Tebow? I don't think so...

Hes hidin under his rock
    Tell him his buddy is OK and heading back to his rock.

vCash

I don't know what planet you are from but here on Earth, most of the people are kind and compassionate to their fellow mankind.
    Oh come on! Who in here can tell me with an honest face that they pray for every person that has an unfortunate injury? (And I am not talking about a generic prayer, but a prayer aimed at a particular individual.) No, we only reserve that for celebrities.

As for the car crash, I would help. But I would help anyone in that situation, not just a celebrity. And that's the difference.

With some of you fans, here is how you would react:

"Man, he really nailed that tree. Serves him right for speeding. Oh wait, that was a famous athlete. That's horrible! Let's all say a prayer and hope for a speedy recovery."

People get hurt every day. Tim Tebow's injury is no more significant to me than anyone else's. He has plenty of people around him that have a real good reason to be concerned for his health. He doesn't need my prayers or concern, nor did he ask for them.

And I guarantee you that if Tim Tebow was told that a Sooner poster by the name of budbarrybob suffered a concussion at work, he would merely shrug. He would probably ask, "Why are you even bothering me with this information?"

vCash

As for the celebrities here on Earth, many of them are the ones who take up causes like AIDS in Africa, Environmentalism and Natural disasters like Katrina.
    With most celebrities, when they go to Africa to help fight disease they take the cameras with them. And their press agents know that their job is to make sure the celebrities' trips are fully covered in the media.

When you are between shoots as an actor, you have to generate buzz somehow. A divorce, a new girlfriend, fighting AIDS... it's all about publicity.

And if you disagree, you are completely 100% naive. (And yes, there are a few exceptions. Tebow may be one of them. Not sure.)

Now, having said that, I am not against celebrities. I just don't hold them to higher worship like the rest of you.