Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What are you most shocked by?? List your thoughts....

1. Shocked by how we were severly out coached.
    a) Too many penalties by offense, this comes down to coaching
    b) Bad play calls in the redzone, coaching
    c) The exploitation of our blocking scheme against BYUs blitzing, coaching
    d) Lack of ball security, coaching
    e) Lack of confidence in Landry Jones, coaching
    f) The fact that Stoops didnt take the blame and put it all on the players in the presser, coaching

2. I love our coaches and I think we have some great coaches, but I think we need to get back to the basics...WILDCAT offense, whats the need for it when you have Sam Heisman Bradford at QB.

I'm just going to stop here before i get too angry
    "I have had it with these motherf*ckin’ snakes on this motherf*ckin’ plane!” -Samuel L. Jackson

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: What are you most shocked by?? List your thoughts....

for f? You have any quotes? I'd never expect stoops to do that

vCash

Lack of confidence in the passing game. How many passes did we attempt over 10 yards?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

I saw the presser while they were doing the highlights of the game but I cant find a link for it sorry.. But Bob goes into how his players perform, but never accepts the blame for poor coaching
    "I have had it with these motherf*ckin’ snakes on this motherf*ckin’ plane!” -Samuel L. Jackson

vCash

{Stoops} We just didn't execute. {Stoops}

Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SOONER44EVER's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LawtonBoy74 View Post
    I saw the presser while they were doing the highlights of the game but I cant find a link for it sorry.. But Bob goes into how his players perform, but never accepts the blame for poor coaching
    Its never Bob's fault. Never has been , never will be.
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

Well, I'm a little surprised that our O-line was as atrocious as it was. And secondly, I'm a little shocked that Demarco Murray didn't do a whole lot. A few decent runs and a couple of fumbles. Last year our offense was great and our defense was hard to watch most of the time. Exact opposite this year. And putting up 60+ on Idaho St. isn't going to solve anything.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER44EVER View Post
    Its never Bob's fault. Never has been , never will be.
    So true, I love Bob though, simply because there really isnt no one who can replace him... but I get a bit jealous when I see other teams who come out week 1 well coached like the Pete Carrolls, Nick Sabans, Urban Meyers, and Les Miles of the college football world

Sooner Starter
    vCash

1. We NEVER attempted to stretch the field with Broyles or Tennell.
    2. Offensive play calling, KW picked up right where he left of in the MNC.
    3. Lack of leaving blockers in to give Landry and Sam time to throw.
    4. O line looked unprepared and played horribly. Brody did a damn fine job at center.
    5. Demarco in the passing game or being used as a check down. He's amazing in the open field, we never gave him a shot except one play I believe.
    6. Defensive communication looked bad. The D played exceptional but did anyone else notice them being turned around and looking lost on numerous plays pre snap?
    7. Coaching was sub par from what we've grown to know, love, and expect.
    8. Penalties killed our offense, coaching is to blame in part for that.
    “This is Oklahoma. If you don’t win championships, that’s considered a failure.” Travis Lewis

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 En_Fuego's Avatar
    vCash

1. Not prepared
    2. Average players that are over hyped
    3. 6th grade football mistakes
    4. Below average assistant coaching skills
    5. Over hyped, cocky, arogant
    6. Below average recruiting

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by En_Fuego View Post
    1. Not prepared
    2. Average players that are over hyped
    3. 6th grade football mistakes
    4. Below average assistant coaching skills
    5. Over hyped, cocky, arogant
    6. Below average recruiting
    I'll agree with 1 through 4... but number 5 you do have to have somewhat of a swagger while playing this sport. and 6 we do a fine job of recruiting but it seems like we aren't transforming some of our players into their maximum potential

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Turnovers....And give BYU some credit....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

I'll give em some credit but we are definitely a better team

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

[QUOTE=CaliBornSoonerBred;2693038]1. We NEVER attempted to stretch the field with Broyles or Tennell.

Tennell dropped almost every pass that came his way. the only reliable hands we had was caleb and broyles (most of the attempts at least). and the one time, yes one time, we tried to stretch it landry underthrew the guy. agree we didn't stretch the field enough though.

vCash

What never ceases to amaze me is the lack of ability to disguise a blitz. They seem to give away where and when they are blitzing from way to early a lot. The other teams quarterback will always recognize this and throw to side they are blitzing from. When Oklahoma is able to disguise their blitz package it really is quite effective. So lets try some more of that instead. Another thing I notice is that if I know everytime they line up in shotgun that they are passing the ball, don't you think the other team would figure that out also? That being said Sam was getting into a rythym right before he got hurt and we would have no doubt won that game had he remained healthy.

Both teams had an inexperienced offensive line. On oline did a good job the other looked like it was their first game. How can BYU disguise blitzes and get through on passing downs and we cannot. Sam's injury was the olines and coaching staffs fault. IT would be hard to find a better coach than ours. Bob is a good coach but continues to get out coached by guys with more heart.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LawtonBoy74 View Post
    I'll give em some credit but we are definitely a better team
    We may want to think we are a better team, but we're not. We lost, period. There's a lot of work to do.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerloyal's Avatar
    vCash

1. That many fans on this board just can't deal with any sort of loss. I swear, some of you youngun's are so ungrateful, you'd gripe with a ham under each arm.

Sooner football didn't start in 2000, and it isn't ending in 2009.

Now I'm not tellin' ya to turn your nose up at any examination of possible problems. I am reminding you that we've had it worse. Much worse.

Take a deep breath and

"I thought the only way we could beat Bama is if they came in unmotivated like we did against Boise. Bama wasn't caught off guard, OU didn't use cheap-*** trickeration...for 60 minutes we punched them in the face and they went down." - SoonernAR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    - Hubert H. Humphrey

Sooner Starter
    vCash

The play calling and overall coaching was horrendous. I agree that we are too easy to read on offense and defense and i think that comes from our cockiness. We are going to line up and beat you with talent. Hang half a hundred on you!! Those days are gone, it takes hard work, motivation and discipline. All coachable elements. We play some teams this year (Tulsa) that squeeze every drop of talent out of their players, we need more of that ....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nBoSTP View Post
    What never ceases to amaze me is the lack of ability to disguise a blitz. They seem to give away where and when they are blitzing from way to early a lot. The other teams quarterback will always recognize this and throw to side they are blitzing from. When Oklahoma is able to disguise their blitz package it really is quite effective. So lets try some more of that instead. Another thing I notice is that if I know everytime they line up in shotgun that they are passing the ball, don't you think the other team would figure that out also? That being said Sam was getting into a rythym right before he got hurt and we would have no doubt won that game had he remained healthy.
    My buddies and I were talking about all the damn blitzes...it was driving us nuts.
    At one point in the 3rd or 4th qtr... our LB's lined up side by side..maybe not even an arm's length apart and it was obvious they were simply going to run up the middle and blitz. That kind of play call does us no good. All it does is guarantee our opponent that we have two blitzing and we're going to leave some people open. Not to mention I think this was on a 3rd down that they completed across the middle for at least 12 yards. I can't believe BV can't disguise our blitzes better than lining them up side by side and telling them to run straight forward. BV does that for a living...I'd like for him to earn his living in a better way.
    I feel like I end up typing this kind of stuff every season, but does anyone agree with me that our Defensive play seems so spotty year in and year out??

Some positives from the defense last night (as others have said) was the play of our front 4 (especially McCoy...what a stud). And Travis Lewis once again seemed like he was all over the place...kid is a stud too.
    Not sure I can say a whole lot of positives about the DBs..seemed they got turned around quite a bit. Maybe they had first game jitters or something, who knows.
    Bottom line is the D must get better.

All that being said the blame can't lay only on the defense.

-I'm not an offensive coordinator...but Kevin Wilson is supposed to be. So all I can do as a fan is wonder WTF is going through his head during these type of games. Whether it was hokie or not, the wildcat was gaining yards in the first half. And as others have said I don't recall it being used in the second half when our Heisman QB was out for the game. WTF?
    Why do we get to the redzone/goal line and try to run it so much.
    I just find the playcalling odd in these situations like the gaytor game and this BYU game for example.
    We know Kevin's game plans work more often than they don't....but why can't we win the close games like this one...like the texass game last year...like the gaytor game, etc.

The O-Line play was awful. I was really getting concerned that Landry was going to get hurt as well. And the penalties...I mean holy sh*t man!

Props to Landry for moving the ball even when he knew he was going to be under tons of pressure (in more ways than one).

Okay, so I was venting. All that being said, it sucks to lose a player like Sam. That kind of situation will always make it hard to win a game.

But props to BYU for the win. They are a tough team and they played hard and did what they had to do to win.
    Hopefully the Sooner players and the coaches learned a lot from this game.