SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

All is right with the world...

Let me count my blessings:

1) football season is upon us and other than some question marks on the O-line, the Sooners are loaded.

2) Me and mine are healthy

3) I got a job

4) Oklahoma unemployment is holding steady at around 6% amidst "the worst economy since the Great Depression." And let's face it, 6 out of hundred people ain't interested in working anyway.

5) The One is proving to be an empty suit and a dismal disappointment even to his base.

6) The Orange ones in Stoolwater are optimistic about their season which means they'll be even more dissapointed when they discover their gridiron gladiators are again unable to mount even a moderately effective defense.

7) Tulsa is looking better than she's looked in thirty years, and OKC continues to rock-on as a money making dynamo for OUr great state.

8) Deer season is getting closer too.

9) Our gallant and noble men and women in uniform have largely pacified Iraq and the same people who figured out how to do that are now shifting battle focus to Asscrackistan.

10) Its going to be in the high 50's after midnight and my house is open with the A/C off.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Re: All is right with the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    And let's face it, 6 out of hundred people ain't interested in working anyway.
    My wife begs to differ...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerStormchaser View Post
    My wife begs to differ...
    Its tough for 45+ year olds to find gigs. It's just a fact.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

5) The One is proving to be an empty suit and a dismal disappointment even to his base.
    Why is this a blessing? As Americans we should hope our President succeeds, regardless of their party affiliation.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
    Why is this a blessing? As Americans we should hope our President succeeds, regardless of their party affiliation.
    Not if his goals differ from what we individually believe is best for our country. See, as the Dems taught us all during the W era, its not unpatriotic to oppose a guy in the WH we think is messing up. In fact, its our patriotic duty to in that instance to hope he fails and has to crawl away in disgrace.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Homey - there's one thing that's not OK in the world - the whole Rod Stewart thingey.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

I agree.

sincerely,

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Not if his goals differ from what we individually believe is best for our country. See, as the Dems taught us all during the W era, its not unpatriotic to oppose a guy in the WH we think is messing up. In fact, its our patriotic duty to in that instance to hope he fails and has to crawl away in disgrace.
    ...or, in the case of Dick Cheney, who should be sent to the lowest of the filthy prisons to be raped until he's breathed his last breath, as a war criminal.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay View Post
    Homey - there's one thing that's not OK in the world - the whole Rod Stewart thingey.
    yepper. I hope his teams all lose and his young wife runsoft with the poolboy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

In fact, its our patriotic duty to in that instance to hope he fails and has to crawl away in disgrace.
    I can't root for our/my president to fail, regardless of if I voted for him or not. It seems very UN-patriotic to root for our elected leader to fail.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

4) Oklahoma unemployment is holding steady at around 6% amidst "the worst economy since the Great Depression." And let's face it, 6 out of hundred people ain't interested in working anyway.
    You need to look up the definition of unemployed. It might surprise you.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I can't root for our/my president to fail, regardless of if I voted for him or not. It seems very UN-patriotic to root for our elected leader to fail.
    Hows about we want him to succeed, but want him to do things vastly different from what he's been doing. The "change" thing. Yes, he can! You might be comfortable with that approach.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Hows about we want him to succeed, but want him to do things vastly different from what he's been doing. The "change" thing. Yes, he can! You might be comfortable with that approach.
    I could support that. IOW, if he were to snap out of it and stop making a fool out of himself and those folks who elected him with all his hare-brained schemes, that would be "change I could beleive in."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner View Post
    You need to look up the definition of unemployed. It might surprise you.
    I realize the number isn't supposed to include people who aren't actively seeking employment, but there are still a lot of "help wanted" signs around.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

It also doesn't include people who have been looking long enough fortheir unemployment benefits to run out or people who have been denied benefits.

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -