Re: Balogun vs. NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    If he is cleared it is your azz CK!
    His lawyer found new information!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

You said it, Balogun is DONE!!! I will order a neg jihad on your arse
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Shut up n00b!

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...ring-cancelled

The court hearing was cancelled...

Balogun's district court hearing cancelled

August 24, 2009 1:29 PM
    Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

Oklahoma linebacker Mike Balogun's attorney Woody Glass told the Oklahoman that today's temporary injunction hearing in Cleveland County District Court against the NCAA has been cancelled as he works on an agreement that could have his client eligibility restored outside the courts.

Our hope is to get all this information that Ive uncovered the last several weeks back to the NCAA, Glass told the Oklahoman, and let them make a decision.

Glass is hopeful a ruling can be made before the Sooners' Sept. 5 opener against BYU.

At question is whether Balogun played semi-pro football after his 21st birthday. If so, he would forfeit one season for every year he played semi-pro ball, meaning he would not be eligible for the 2009 season.

And any flicker of hope is good news for the Sooners, who are scrambling at depth at middle linebacker. Promising freshman standout Tom Wort was lost Thursday with a season-ending knee injury. If Balogun isn't able to play, the Sooners would have little behind oft-injured linebacker Ryan Reynolds.

Oklahoma's depth is the middle is particularly a question considering that Reynolds hasn't made it through a complete season with an injury. He missed the final eight games of the 2008 season after blowing out his knee in the Sooners' loss to Texas.
    And again we arrive at
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

well **** me I was late to the party...
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

From OUInsider.com

James Hale said he went and talked to someone close to the situation. The NCAA has one witness that said Mike Balogun played after he was 21. Since then the witness said he looked into his info and he has changed his mind and he will now sign a legal paper that Mike did NOT play after he was 21. According to James... Mike's lawyer already has 3 witnesses to swear he did not play after 21.

vCash

It is looking more and more like he is going to be cleared. Now if the witness changes his story then he should be cleared by the BYU game. We will see.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonersam's Avatar
    vCash

Sweet!! I hope he's telling the truth and we're not forfeiting wins !!
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

i will help ya.
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

vCash

Haha

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

If he's cleared it should be a closed case and no chance of forfeited wins in the future, right?
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goingoneight View Post
    If he's cleared it should be a closed case and no chance of forfeited wins in the future, right?
    Correct, if the NCAA clears him.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Good. Cuz no matter what the Sooner haters say, it's the NCAA that's always shady in my book. I could see them dropping the suit, Mikey plays two mop-up snaps against Idaho State and we forfeit a National Championship because someone in the NCAA is on the ra.... nevermind.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

vCash

NCAA takes 2nd look at Oklahoma LB Balogun’s case
    1 hour, 17 minutes ago
    Buzz up!
    Print
    NORMAN, Okla. (AP)—Oklahoma linebacker Mike Balogun will try to settle his eligibility issues out of court.

A Cleveland County judge had been set to hear arguments Monday on whether to extend an injunction and allow Balogun to play for the No. 3 Sooners, but NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn said the hearing “was postponed to allow for the existing eligibility certification process to be completed by the NCAA Eligibility Center.”

The NCAA decertified Balogun’s eligibility earlier this month, and the senior middle linebacker subsequently filed a lawsuit against the NCAA.

Even if a judge had ruled that Balogun could play this season, that still wouldn’t have settled the issue. If Balogun eventually lost his lawsuit, Oklahoma may have had to forfeit any games that he played.

Balogun’s status is particularly crucial for the Sooners after they lost reserve middle linebacker Tom Wort to a knee injury last week. If Balogun can’t play, Oklahoma may have to do some shuffling behind starter Ryan Reynolds, who has suffered three knee injuries in his college career.

At issue is whether Balogun played for a semipro football team after he turned 21 years old. If he did, he stands to lose one year of college eligibility for each corresponding year that he played semipro ball.

Balogun contends in his lawsuit that he played for the Maryland Marauders of the North American Football League from June 2003 until August 2004—prior to his 21st birthday. He also claims that he paid for all of his own expenses.

The lawsuit includes an affidavit from former Maryland Marauders owner Gary Rice stating that Balogun only played for the team in 2003 and 2004. Glass filed three additional affidavits Friday from other semipro football officials who were either unfamiliar with Balogun or unaware of his participation beyond age 21. The court made the affidavits available Monday.

Balogun’s attorney, Woody Glass, did not return telephone calls to his office Monday.

Glass told The Oklahoman newspaper he hopes the NCAA will make a ruling before the Sooners’ season opener Sept. 5 against No. 20 BYU at the Dallas Cowboys’ new stadium in Arlington, Texas. However, Osburn said that although the NCAA had been in touch with Glass, it had no timeframe for its decision.

vCash

Osburn said that although the NCAA had been in touch with Glass, it had no timeframe for its decision.
    **** you Stacey Osburn.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

Totally rooting for Mike, but again...it's better for the team if the NCAA allows him to play...don't want to have to forfeit any games later, or have him sit out until the ruling is handed down.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Now the NCAA can take a look at Reggie Bush.
    It's just entertainment!
    Lost in Mexifornia (Irvine, CA)

“We’re the dark matter. We’re the force that orders the universe but can’t be seen,” - JSOC Navy SEAL
    The US Navy might introduce the GAU-19 to the Iranian Navy speed boats, like a shot across the bow.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

***k Reggie Bush, Pete Carroll, and the NCAA.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUHOMER View Post
    i will help ya.
    Ive got a lot of helpers
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

Ive got a lot of helpers
    Bullshat.