Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Balogun vs. NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by rainiersooner View Post
    Anyway, the national championship game was 8 months ago - what are you still doing here!?
    Are there no FU message boards?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Are there no FU message boards?
    They're too fast - it's hard to keep up with them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rainiersooner View Post
    They're too fast - it's hard to keep up with them.
    Too fast for mere mortals, but FU fans are perfectly engineered for FU message boards.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Desert Sapper's Avatar
    Leavenworth...in a metaphorical prison...
    vCash

Tebow's probably a stellar human being and he is an unquestioned talent with the football. My problem is the Tebowfellatio that I see on ESPN ALL THE TIME. Yes, he's a great player. Yes, he won the Heisman. Yes, he has been a part of two national titles for the school he goes to. And yes, he goes on mission trips to save indigenous peoples everywhere. But can the media get off his ****...just a little?
    PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY
    !بومر سونر

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Sapper View Post
    Tebow's probably a stellar human being and he is an unquestioned talent with the football. My problem is the Tebowfellatio that I see on ESPN ALL THE TIME. Yes, he's a great player. Yes, he won the Heisman. Yes, he has been a part of two national titles for the school he goes to. And yes, he goes on mission trips to save indigenous peoples everywhere. But can the media get off his ****...just a little?
    Not till he goes in the 8th round.

In all fairness we were whiney bitches long before OU rammed it up our cornholes, and long before Macks losing season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 adoniijahsooner's Avatar
    vCash

What is going on with tebow is so diametrically opposed to what the bible says about how christians will be treated; or is it? I reckon after thinking about this for awhile now, that TT is probably hated alot more than he is loved. The question is, who's to blame? Are we envious? Is Tebow a self righteous human who enjoys the accolades and man-love? or is the media going to far? I believe it's a hodgepodge of all three, and like VY it will not end until he is throwing int's in the nfl.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
    Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
    2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    Balogun is officially done.
    Are you the fat lady ?
    If not then it ain't over cuz I ain't heard that heifer sing yet.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    Are you the fat lady ?
    No, but he's dating her.

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

"At issue is whether Balogun, 25, played for a team in a semi-pro football league the amateur North American Football League after his 21st birthday. His case includes his affidavit and that of the former owner of the Maryland Marauders that he did not, as well as a statement from the league’s former commissioner that his own investigation failed to find any evidence that he did.

Per NCAA rules, if it is determined that Balogun participated after he turned 21, he would lose a year of college eligibility, and he has only one, the 2009 season, remaining.

The NCAA’s case apparently is based on unsworn recollection from a former Marauders assistant coach and several Internet accounts describing his participation for both the Marauders and Prince George Jets after Sept. 28, 2004 — his 21st birthday.

vCash

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1552551.html

The NCAA’s case apparently is based on unsworn recollection from a former Marauders assistant coach and several Internet accounts describing his participation for both the Marauders and Prince George Jets after Sept. 28, 2004 — his 21st birthday.

A compromise between Oklahoma linebacker Mike Balogun and the NCAA concerning his continued eligibility may be reached outside the courtroom, according to Balogun’s attorney.

“We are working on resolving the situation in a way that will be a case of win-win for everyone,” attorney Woody Glass said in a telephone message.

An independent source familiar with the situation confirmed Saturday that an attempt was being made to reach a compromise.

Glass added that a hearing scheduled for Monday in a Cleveland (Okla.) County civil court would not be held, though it remained on the court docket Saturday afternoon.

Glass received an injunction Tuesday in a lawsuit against the NCAA on Balogun’s behalf that prevented the body from executing a decertification declaration, pending outcome of its investigation. The order also allowed Balogun to continue to practice with the team.

At issue is whether Balogun, 25, played for a team in a semi-pro football league the amateur North American Football League after his 21st birthday. His case includes his affidavit and that of the former owner of the Maryland Marauders that he did not, as well as a statement from the league’s former commissioner that his own investigation failed to find any evidence that he did.

Per NCAA rules, if it is determined that Balogun participated after he turned 21, he would lose a year of college eligibility, and he has only one, the 2009 season, remaining.

A compromise sounds like a very good thing!

Brewmaster

vCash

Compromise? How do you compromise on a yes/no question like "Is Mike Balogun eligible to play this season?" I mean, do they say "OK, Balogun can play in half the games this season, but you have to draw numbers out of a hat to find out which games he's allowed to play"? Cause that's all kinds of retarted.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    Compromise? How do you compromise on a yes/no question like "Is Mike Balogun eligible to play this season?" I mean, do they say "OK, Balogun can play in half the games this season, but you have to draw numbers out of a hat to find out which games he's allowed to play"? Cause that's all kinds of retarted.
    Maybe no bowl game, since that is another semester. I knew the NCAA couldnt win this, based on hearsay, and no matter what people think a judge would have ruled that the internet is hearsay. Mike had sworn affidavits, which if he was lying could be charged with perjury, so that carries more weight than Lil Flip Flip, saying, "I think he played in 2006, but dont qoute me on that."

Quote Originally Posted by adoniijahsooner View Post
    What is going on with tebow is so diametrically opposed to what the bible says about how christians will be treated; or is it? I reckon after thinking about this for awhile now, that TT is probably hated alot more than he is loved. The question is, who's to blame? Are we envious? Is Tebow a self righteous human who enjoys the accolades and man-love? or is the media going to far? I believe it's a hodgepodge of all three, and like VY it will not end until he is throwing int's in the nfl.
    To be perfectly honest, I think he is full of crap. Let me clarify. I think he spouts all of this off just because he is an egotistical, self-centered individual that whenever the media tapers off just a little he goes and does something else to draw more attention to himself. No self-righteous Christian is this involved with attracting attention to himself. Do I think he is a Christian? Well let me say this...who am I to question ones faith? I just think he is eating all this up. Not trying to be biased or anything, but I have a lot more respect for Sammy B than I do for Tebow, and here is the reason. He doesn't let his ego go.

Hey guys remember when Florida and St. Timmy lost to Michigan two years ago? Ahhh the glory days....

Sooner Starter SoonerInFortSmith's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adoniijahsooner View Post
    I think what he's saying is, "Tim Tebow may very well be the anti-christ."

Olevet Posse Executioner
    نقتلهم جميعا واسمحوا الله نتفهمها

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Possible deal coming with the NCAA it looks like

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...1_Norman870758

Balogun deal is possible?
    By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer

Norman attorney Woody Glass has filed three more sworn affidavits in Cleveland County District Court that he hopes will show his client, University of Oklahoma linebacker Mike Balogun, did not play organized semi-pro football after the age of 21.

A published report Saturday night, though, indicates Monday's hearing might not happen at all. Glass is quoted in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram saying a compromise between Balogun and the NCAA might keep the case out of court.

"We are working on resolving the situation in a way that will be a case of win-win for everyone," Glass told the Star-Telegram. The hearing was still on the court docket Saturday, but Glass told the paper it would not be held.

Attempts to reach Glass Saturday night were unsuccessful.

Balogun last week won a temporary injunction that has allowed him to keep practicing with the team following the NCAA's decertification of his eligibility on Aug. 14. Balogun has a hearing scheduled Monday seeking a permanent injunction that would allow him to play for the Sooners this season.

At question is whether Balogun played after his 21st birthday. Several online resources indicate he did, but Glass' supplement to the civil lawsuit he filed for Balogun indicate either he did not, or there is significant doubt that he did.

In court documents obtained by the Tulsa World, a coach declares that Balogun did not play in the 2004 league championship game, a statistician declares roster and even jersey information is often incorrect and unreliable, and a league president declares Balogun did not play for a team on which Balogun himself said last year that he did play.

James Walsh of Minneapolis was defensive coordinator of the 2004 All-American Bowl, an independent all-star game for small college and semi-pro players. In the affidavit, Walsh offers, "I became familiar with the defensive players who came and played in the game. I do not recall Mike Balogun, nor do I recall Mike Balogun playing in that game."

Walsh says former North American Football League commissioner Terry Walsh "invites many players to the All-American Bowl (but) players often do not play because there is a $150 fee to play in the game, plus the travel expenses to Minnesota making it too expensive.

Balogun is listed on the Web site Mid-AmericaFootball.com as a 2004 all-star linebacker.

John Phillips of the Seattle suburb of Kent, Wash., collected the statistics and game summary from the 2005 NAFL2 championship game in Orlando, and says he relied solely on the rosters provided to him.

"In the (NAFL), player rosters are very often inaccurate and outdated," Phillips says. "Many times, players would not play in games, but someone else would wear their jerseys. Therefore, it is likely that someone else could have worn a player's number and I would have no idea about the accuracy of the individual and name compared to the roster jersey number."

Balogun is listed by SemiProFootball.org as playing in the 2005 NAFL2 championship game in Orlando and also made the '05 NAFL all-star team.

Tony Hall, president of the Delaware-based Diamond Football League, certifies that Balogun "did not play with the Prince George Jets," and that the Jets never played a game in 2004, 2005 or 2006 in the Diamond Football League.

SemiProFootball.org shows the Prince George Jets playing the 2005 season in the Mason Dixon Football League and 2006 in the Diamond Football League. The Maryland Gazette published an online article in 2008 interviewing Balogun's former coaches with the Prince George Jets, and prior to last season's Big 12 championship game, Balogun says he played for a team in Maryland called the Prince George's County Jets.

But in Glass' supplement, Hall contends the team never existed.

"The only team to play semi-professional football in Prince George (Md.)," he says, "were the Prince George Headhunters, not the Jets."

Balogun also is listed on the Web site SemiProFootball.org as defensive MVP of the NAFL2 championship game, played in November 2004, some two months after his 21st birthday. A press release from the Maryland Marauders of the NAFL2 writes that Balogun was defensive MVP of the title game.

So far, the only affidavits that dispute Balogun's participation in that game are those of Balogun and his former Marauders team owner, Gary Rice.
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

Update:

http://www.newsok.com/ou-linebacker-...adlines_widget

OU linebacker Mike Balogun's legal fight with NCAA on hold for now
    Comments 1
    Buzz up!By Jake Trotter - Staff Writer
    Published: August 24, 2009
    NORMAN — Mike Balogun’s legal fight with the NCAA is being put on hold.

For now, at least.

Balogun’s attorney, Woody Glass, told The Oklahoman that today’s temporary injunction hearing against the NCAA has been cancelled, and that he is working on an agreement that will have the NCAA re-evaluate his client’s eligibility outside the courts.

“Our hope is to get all this information that I’ve uncovered the last several weeks back to the NCAA,” Glass said, “and let them make a decision.”

Glass filed three additional sworn affidavits last Friday that show Balogun did not play semi-pro football after his 21st birthday, which the NCAA is currently investigating. Per NCAA rules, a player loses a season of eligibility for each year he plays semi-pro ball past the age of 21. If it’s ruled by the NCAA that he did, Balogun’s college career would be over, since he’s a senior.

Glass said part of the pending agreement with the NCAA is “getting in place deadline dates,” so a ruling can be made before Oklahoma’s Sept. 5 opener with Brigham Young.

“Their attorneys have been very helpful and have shown a willingness to speed up the issue,” Glass said.

The temporary restraining order Balogun received last week will allow him to continue practicing with the team. Balogun is currently working behind starter Ryan Reynolds on the depth chart at middle linebacker.

The main reason, Glass said, for taking Balogun’s case back out of court is NCAA bylaw 19.7. which allows for penalties against schools that allow student-athletes to play under a court order and that order is later overturned or found to be unjustified.

“My thought is that Mike's best chance to play would be for the NCAA to certify him,” Glass said. “Because if we were successful in getting a permanent injunction, everyone would still face the 19.7 rule. I don’t know OU’s position, but I suspect they would have to look at it very carefully. My thought would be that they would likely not play Mike because of that 19.7 rule.”

But Glass also said that if the NCAA does not certify Balogun in the coming days, he would still hold the card of going back to court.

“I’m confident of his chances of being certified; I believe we have credible evidence,” Glass said. “But if the NCAA fails to certify Mike, then we still have the ability to get back in front of the court and move forward with a permanent injunction.”

vCash

Let's hope the decision is made before kickoff.l

vCash

Sounds like his lawyer doesnt mess around.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    Let's hope the decision is made before kickoff.l
    If he is cleared it is your azz CK!
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/