Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Collison

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

Nick Collison

You guys really need to get rid of this cancer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Nick Collison

...because?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

That would be my question.......why?

I understand the whole "I love Seattle" thing, but he is a valuable member of the team and he doesn't dog it on the court (in my opinion). About 8 out of 10 people would prefer to live in Seatlle if you had a chance to visit both and were not from the state of Washington or Oklahoma. It is a top 5 city in the country. I LOVE living here, but I have traveled enough to know there are better places out there. Maybe not people wise, but scenery, things to do, etc.

With that being said, if he is miserable here he needs to go to Management and request a trade. But Management doesn't need to force the issue.

vCash

What soonervegas said.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OU Adonis's Avatar
    vCash

I have lived in West Seattle. I didn't care for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Middle age is when high school chicks stop checking you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    Ones that big disgust me.
    http://www.myspace.com/ou_adonis

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

I think Traber was somewhat correct but as usual Traber made too big of a deal out of it, Traber gets off on this ****!

I like the way Collison plays but the one thing I agree with Traber about is that if you hate OKC so much then go somewhere else
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    I think Traber was somewhat correct but as usual Traber made too big of a deal out of it, Traber gets off on this ****!

I like the way Collison plays but the one thing I agree with Traber about is that if you hate OKC so much then go somewhere else
    He wasn't even an inkling correct. Did you hear the interview? He's a sad little fail clown.

Nick said it was hot in Oklahoma and didn't care for it. Oh my god, he hates heat! Let's run him out of town!

vCash

Actually you are wrong, Nick was all PC when Traber interviewed him for damage control, Nick has been dogging OKC for a year now, not horribly which is why I say it is way overblown by Traber. Like I said Traber gets off on this shizz

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

Actually you are wrong, Nick was all PC when Traber interviewed him for damage control, Nick has been dogging OKC for a year now, not horribly which is why I say it is way overblown by Traber. Like I said Traber gets off on this shizz
    What has he ever said that trashes OKC? That he likes living in Seattle? That he doesn't like 105 degree heat? Talking about the city you live in and the weather is somehow trashing Oklahoma City? That's bizarrely oversensitive and stupid.
    Last edited by KC//CRIMSON; 8/15/2009 at 09:23 AM.

vCash

I guess my take on the whole thing, at least on Traber's side, has already been documented in my thread. My take on the subject, on Collison's side, is this: He plays for OKC. When he's on the court for OKC, he busts his f*cking *SS to try to win us basketball games, despite playing for a college team that many Oklahoman's dislike, as well as his first six seasons in a town which now, because of the team, hates Oklahoma.

Did I mention that, when he's on the court, playing for Oklahoma City, that he busts his *ss? I did. Good. Then why does anything else matter? Does L.A. care whether or not Kobe likes it there? No. Just keep winning. OKC's not winning... yet... but give Presti time. In the meantime, we've got players like Collison and not Zach Randolph, so shut your f*cking mouths and let him keep doing his hard work for our team. He can live where he wants and like what he wants. It's his business. What he does ON the court is where our business with him ends.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    What has he ever said that trashes OKC? That he likes living in Seattle? That he doesn't like 105 degree heat? Talking about the city you live in and the weather is somehow trashing Oklahoma City? That's bizarrely oversensitive and stupid.
    so you listen to one interview and this is what youve got

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

I agree with you Skull, thats why I think it is rediculous that it became such a big deal

~ Ivan Maisel

so you listen to one interview and this is what youve got
    No, I listened to the interview, read his twitter page, and read the article from the Daily OK that Traber was spazing about, am I missing something?

vCash

Yea, mainly all the comments that Collison made from the time of the move thru now...like I said above, I think it was wayyyyy overblown by Traber but his point that Collison should show some respect since Oklahoma people are paying him a crap ton of money to be a 8ppg and 8 reb guy is valid I think

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Oklahoma people aren't paying him sh*t. They're buying tickets, merch, etc... that helps pay him, but they're not paying him. It's not like he works for the taxpayers. And, if he quits working tomorrow, they'll still have to pay him. Collison is a hard-work guy, and Traber wants to go after HIM? D*ck move.

the_ouskull

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

I think Nick should be left alone, he is entitled to state his personal preferences and nobody should get defensive about it...

Awesoministrator

vCash

I agree with Traber more often than not, then sometimes he goes Looney Tunes and I wonder what drugs he takes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull View Post
    Oklahoma people aren't paying him sh*t. They're buying tickets, merch, etc... that helps pay him, but they're not paying him. It's not like he works for the taxpayers. And, if he quits working tomorrow, they'll still have to pay him. Collison is a hard-work guy, and Traber wants to go after HIM? D*ck move.

the_ouskull
    Aubrey Mcclendon and Clay Bennett pay him plenty

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

collison HAS trashed OKC, even if not in a public forum. a family friend of mine is good friends with him. my friend posted a message on facebook about rainy weather in oklahoma saying something to the effect of we wanted the hoops team, not the weather. collison wrote underneath it that the only thing OKC has more of than seattle is strip malls and fast food restaurants. don't let him play all innocent, he has dogged OKC and as far as i'm concerned he's a loser. take your 5 points and 5 boards and go play for the storm.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    as far as i'm concerned
    You realize that, to sensible people, this isn't a selling point for your side of the argument, right? In fact, hearing this tends to make me lean the other direction, excepting extreme cases, such as, "as far as i'm (sic) concerned, I think sex with the same sex is better than with the opposite sex," or the ever-popular, "as far as i'm (sic) concerned, a player's black and white stats matter a lot more than their metric stats."

You must be really proud of your ignorance given the rate at which you show it off...

Collison averages 7 rpg for his career. Would I rather have a full-sized, grown-up center snagging boards and playing tough, physical defense for us...? Yes. Sadly, Special K isn't that guy either, and likely won't develop into him, and D.J. White, who COULD develop into that player, isn't much bigger/taller than Collison. Is "Byron" Mullens that guy? No. We NEED Collison, so grow up and at least start supporting your team, if not the players... Collison should be an 8 or 9 guy, and he's our 5 or 6 guy, depending on K's health. THAT is the real problem.

If the rest of you want to get drunk off of the crap that spews out of Traber's love nozzle, and believe that any of that other crap matters, keep it up.

the_ouskull