Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirtiest Team?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Dirtiest Team?

I have read several replies on this board that Miami will be the dirtiest team we will play this year. I have also heard that Bill Snyder (KSU's coach) instructs his team to take out the other teams QB. Which team is the Dirtiest team we play? Is there any way to find out which team has the most personal fouls? After watching last years OSU game, I would have to give them my rating for Dirtiest team, with a very cheap shots on one of our receivers.

TOP THREE DIRTIEST TEAMS:

OSU
    MIAMI
    KSU
    TEXAS IS GOD'S COUNTRY---IF YOU'RE AN ATHEIST

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Dirtiest Team?

OSU went for OUr MLB's knees twice in one game last year.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Texazz has had a few on us as well in the past few years...but I'll chalk that up to the rivalry.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Virginia Tech is probably #1, or at least in the top 3.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonersam's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    Virginia Tech is probably #1, or at least in the top 3.
    Agreed....... After sacking the QB they go after the family pet!!
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SbOrOiNaEnR's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonersam View Post
    Agreed....... After sacking the QB they go after the family pet!!
    Is this a dogfighting joke? If so, well played.
    "It was once said—only half facetiously—that the three greatest organizations the world has ever known were the Imperial German Army, the Roman Catholic Church and the Standard Oil Company. Inasmuch as the Imperial German Army was demobilized in 1918, it is doubtless high time that a new candidate be proposed to fill out the triumvirate, and one strong contender—most sport fans would agree—is the University of Oklahoma football team." ~ Tex Maule, Sports Illustrated, November 18, 1957

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

dirty Sanchez

oopps

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonersam's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SbOrOiNaEnR View Post
    Is this a dogfighting joke? If so, well played.
    Tis it is!!
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

USC. Bastards.

KSU under Snyder is by far the dirtiest team I have seen us play, and it's not close. As noted above, their entire gameplan is to injure our QB, in order to take him out or render him ineffective. They succeeded in hurting Hybl and White (and maybe Heupel too). Three QBs in a row. That's not a coincidence.

What was ironic was that they complained after the 2001 game about getting "twice as many" penalties as OU, when in fact they should have gotten twice as many as they DID get.

I have no love or respect for Snyder or his D coordinators or their program.

I also think the A&M players are dirty. Dirtier than the UT or OSU players.

Played in the late 90s's at Tulsa. Hawaii and BYU are the dirtiest by far.

vCash

Not for nothing but legal hits on the QB seems like a good game plan to me.

vCash

The D always wants to take out the other QB.

vCash

The favorite play for SUC defense is a late hit out of bounds. Fox or ESPN show this all the time on the college football ads.
    It's just entertainment!
    Lost in Mexifornia (Irvine, CA)

“We’re the dark matter. We’re the force that orders the universe but can’t be seen,” - JSOC Navy SEAL
    The US Navy might introduce the GAU-19 to the Iranian Navy speed boats, like a shot across the bow.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

KSU for sure. It's not the timing of their hits as much as what they are taught to do after the other player is down.

Don't know about this year, but Washington, last year, was a disgrace to the sport. As for this year, I'm going to say UF in the BCS title game at the Rose Bowl. They will be the worst, and they'll pay for it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by snrfan65 View Post
    KSU under Snyder is by far the dirtiest team I have seen us play, and it's not close. As noted above, their entire gameplan is to injure our QB, in order to take him out or render him ineffective. They succeeded in hurting Hybl and White (and maybe Heupel too). Three QBs in a row. That's not a coincidence.

What was ironic was that they complained after the 2001 game about getting "twice as many" penalties as OU, when in fact they should have gotten twice as many as they DID get.

I have no love or respect for Snyder or his D coordinators or their program.

I also think the A&M players are dirty. Dirtier than the UT or OSU players.

Are you one of those "Fire Stoops/Fire Venables" cats?
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I dont know if you call this "dirty" or just playing "within the system". I heard last year that "I'm 40, I'm a man" Gundy was instructing his defensive players to fake cramps, especially leg cramps in the 3rd and 4th quarter against OU when their defense was getting worn down and tired, kinda of an extra 60 second time out and to try to get OU out of syc on offense.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

Injuries happen in college football, it is part of the game. It is just weird that most of our injuries, especially on offense, take place the week of the KSU game. Sure, it has only happened over the last 15 years or so, but it does seem odd.

vCash

First time I saw a fake injury was Tejas at Tech a few years ago when they won Colt's frosh year. Mack may be a lot of things, but he's not dumb when it comes to getting his way with officiating. His lone MNC, if you'll remember, 6 critical points came off a bad call favoring Tejas, and he sent his PAT unit out to snap the ball and keep the points.