Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

A Final Argument, Re: Allen Iverson...

Can this guy do ANYTHING right anymore...?

Extended stats are (finally) available for last season's games, and they only serve to complement what I've been saying about the guy all along...

CLIPPERS! Do NOT sign this man! Please!

http://www.82games.com/0809/08DET3.HTM

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: A Final Argument, Re: Allen Iverson...

There is a certain Iverson lover that I hope you aren't planning on convincing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

AI = CANCER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    There is a certain Iverson lover that I hope you aren't planning on convincing.
    Yes. His momma. I have no intention of trying to convince her.

However, everybody else in the world, assuming that they are reasonable and rational people who are able to take an objective look at both a player's statistical contributions (should I have put that in quotes?) and their locker room "contributions" (no question, there) to a team as well; and, from those, discern a player's TRUE worth. This, of course, assumes that the people in question, are, in addition to the above, also able to understand many of the complexities involved in the game of basketball, and not just look at arbitrary numbers like basic per game statistics as the whole measure of a player's contribution to a basketball team.

Also, in the case of the person who was, through no coaxing of my own, mentioned, the ability to discern excrement from shoe wax polish would also be a desirous trait to possess.

the_ouskull

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

I thought the argument for AI in Clipperville was over. If AI is going somewhere he needs to go back to Larry, play for Charlotte for another season or two, and put up a couple years of slightly respectable stats for someone his age. Then he can retire, go to the Hall of Fame, and perhaps (for my enjoyment) - try to be one of 12 assistant coaches for the Bobcats.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

obviously this shows, how good Iverson is . ha

no team wants him in the NBA

vCash

It looks like I've been on to something...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...onable-future/

the_ouskull

vCash

I forgot about this Gladwell article from 2006...

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...529crbo_books1

the_ouskull