Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

Letterman vs. Palin: It's On!

It all started on Monday when David Letterman told some off-color jokes about Alaskan governor Sarah Palin and her daughter. Dave made some cracks about one of the Palin girls having to fend off Eliot Spitzer and getting knocked up by Yankees star Alex Rodriguez during a recent trip to the Big Apple.

Shockingly, Gov. Palin didn't find the jokes very funny. In a statement to Fox News, Palin and her very riled-up husband Todd fired back at the CBS comedian. She called Letterman a sexually perverted 62-year-old celebrity and chided him for making inappropriate jokes about her 14-year-old daughter, Willow.

Here's where it gets confusing. Letterman's jokes were about Palin's 18-year-old daughter Bristol. However, it was Willow who was traveling with the governor in New York. Facing the family's wrath, last night Letterman addressed the controversy and apologized. Well, kind of.

Dave said he regretted the bits about Spitzer and Rodriguez courting the younger Palin, but went on to say that he regrets thousands of jokes he's made. He said that of course he doesn't condone inappropriate behavior with underage girls. However, he did admit that he found his jab about Sarah Palin wearing outfits reminiscent of a sexually adventurous flight attendant pretty funny. In a final show of his semi-sincerity, he invited Palin on as a guest.

you tube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHfJM...layer_embedded

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/200906...ws/ynews_en386

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Letterman vs. Palin: It's On!

Letterman is brilliant. I loved how, during his apology, he made the point of repeating each and every joke. His self-deprecating wit made the Palins look stupid.

Posted this yesterday in the Conan thread, whoopsie.

Not sure what you mean by "It's on!" Palin got face planted and it's over.

vCash

lol Letterman is the ****!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Letterman has become a bitter old **** that should leave politics at the door. He was out of line with the top ten list and even more with his comments last night. She said his jokes were pathetic, I totally agree.

vCash

I like both Letterman and Palin...

it's all for fun!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

A woman scorned hath no fury like a mother of a daughter scorned.

I don't blame Sarah Palin at all for coming to her 14-year-old's defense. Sarah Palin is fair game, because that's the path she chose by accepting the VP nominee in last year's election. However, Palin's children did not choose this path. They're off limits, especially if they're underage.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    Posted this yesterday in the Conan thread, whoopsie.

Not sure what you mean by "It's on!" Palin got face planted and it's over.
    Let's see....a guy has a national nightly TV show watched by millions. It's pretty easy to face plant somebody when you've got the vehicle to do it with and your opponent doesn't. Letterman needs to die or retire. He's a very pathetic shell of what he used to be.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    I like both Letterman and Palin...

it's all for fun!
    Let someone say those things to your face about your wife, girlfriend, mother, daughter. If you stand there and laugh, you have significant issues. This is no different.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Let someone say those things to your face about your wife, girlfriend, mother, daughter. If you stand there and laugh, you have significant issues. This is no different.
    did he say it to her face? That is jacked up then. I thought he was just telling jokes on the TV box
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Let's see....a guy has a national nightly TV show watched by millions. It's pretty easy to face plant somebody when you've got the vehicle to do it with and your opponent doesn't. Letterman needs to die or retire. He's a very pathetic shell of what he used to be.

Pipe down, Mr Clean. If he had made the same jokes about a Dem you wouldn't be saying anything.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NYC Poke's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

I don't blame Sarah Palin at all for coming to her 14-year-old's defense. Sarah Palin is fair game, because that's the path she chose by accepting the VP nominee in last year's election. However, Palin's children did not choose this path. They're off limits, especially if they're underage.

Bristol's now a paid national spokesperson for an abstinence-only group. That makes her fair game.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash

Say one thing about the Obama daughters and the Obamanazies would go mad.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Poke View Post
    Bristol's now a paid national spokesperson for an abstinence-only group. That makes her fair game.
    Ok, she's fair game. But, she's overage and she's chosen a public path by appearing in the national spotlight with interviews on cable news and the abstinence-only thing.

The others, especially the underage ones, are still off limits. The Clintons were extremely protective of Chelsea when she was growing up. When SNL had a joke about her on a Wayne's World skit, Bill was furious and Mike Myers apologized, I think. I would expect the Obamas to be equally protective of their underage daughters.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    Pipe down, Mr Clean. If he had made the same jokes about a Dem you wouldn't be saying anything.
    Just like you think any knock on a conservative is an automatic face plant there comrade.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

David Letterman wants to have sex in New York with Barack Obama's earhole.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

vCash

if yall watched the other night then yall saw this ... but if not, Steve Nash puts on a great show, and punks the Van Gundys hahaha!!!! check it out please! Four minutes of your life worth watching.

http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/la...p/988842.phtml

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

He wasn't talking about her 14 year old daughter.....watch the video.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Poke View Post
    Yeah, common decency be damned!
    Were did this attitude that just because someone works in the public that it's ok to personally attack them come from? Attack policies, not people.

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Just like you think any knock on a conservative is an automatic face plant there comrade.

Well, it was a face plant.

Slutty Flight Attendant!