Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!

BY Amy Diluna
    DAILY NEWS FASHION EDITOR

Friday, May 1st 2009, 3:22 PM

Michelle Obama has taken casual to a haute new level.

While volunteering Wednesday at a D.C. food bank, the First Lady sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, a sneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540.

That's right: These sneakers - suede, with grosgrain ribbon laces and metallic pink toe caps - are made by French design house Lanvin, one of fashion's hottest labels. They come in denim and satin versions, and have been a brisk seller all spring.

They're out of stock at posh Meatpacking District boutique Jeffrey, and Barneys New York boasts a limited selection of the sneaks, which are a cult favorite among fashionistas.

It's likely Michelle got hers through Ikram, the Chicago retailer that often outfits her.

"They're shoes," the First Lady's reps sniffed when curious reporters inquired about the fancy footwear.

Michelle has stepped out in Lanvin before while getting down to business. A week ago, she shoveled dirt at a tree planting while wearing the line's chiffon tank.

Dresses and strappy pumps cost upward of $1,500, while tops go for $400 to $1,000.

Other celebrity fans of Lanvin's costly kicks include Ellen DeGeneres and Kanye West, who has blogged about his faves.

As the family's primary dog walker, Michelle clearly requires comfortable footwear.

"I got up at 5:15 in the morning to walk my puppy," she joked Thursday. "That's how my day starts. Even though the kids are supposed to do a lot of the work, I'm still up at 5:15 a.m. taking my dog out."

She'll be trodding on New York's sidewalks Tuesday for the first time as First Lady. Michelle will meet with staff at the U.S. mission to the United Nations. Later, she headlines Time magazine's "100 most influential people" gala.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle...as_lanvin.html

vCash

Re: First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!

$540 for these??? Shoot, I could find some better ones.

vCash

Re: First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!

Look like a gussied-up Chuck Taylor to me.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

How much do you think one of the presidents suits runs for??? Not just Obama, in general.

vCash

Couple thousand each I'd guess.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

i think she overpaid

$500+ for a First Lady's shoes doesn't sound newsworthy to me though

of course, neither does their choice of dog or pizza

vCash

I have no problem with her paying $500 for shoes...

...but those shoes?

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

...maybe she flew them in from Chicago!

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

thats what i was saying. obama and his wife worked hard and made a **** load of books. i was just pissed cause those shoes are ugly. look like 10 dollars.

vCash

i guess she's stimulating the economy

if i was paying $500 for shoes they better feel like podiatric fellatio when i walk and last forever

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    i think she overpaid

You better believe Chicago pizza cooks took offense to him flying someone in from St. Louis to make his deep-dish pizza.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Does it really ****ing matter how much someone spends on shoes?

If you can afford them, then it is no different than Me going out and buying a $75 pair of Nikes.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AlbqSooner's Avatar
    vCash

i guess she's stimulating the economy

if i was paying $500 for shoes they better feel like podiatric fellatio when i walk and last forever
    If I was paying $500 for shoes they better be silver and have Little Joe's autograph! Although podiatric fellation sounds more interesting.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Apparently jlew1818 is our new Drudge Report copier and pasted. Oh goodie.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LilSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Whatever. Don't **** with a women and her shoes. 500 dollars is nothing even for a pair of dumb looking chuck taylors.
    "Yea, and the shins of the wicked were smote."-Lil 22:18

and behold I looked in the sky, and saw a rider on a pale horse, the rider's name was death, and Lil Sooner followed after,....Revalations

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerJack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LilSooner View Post
    Whatever. Don't **** with a women and her shoes. 500 dollars is nothing even for a pair of dumb looking chuck taylors.
    "Dear 8 pound Baby Jesus, thank you that my wife and Lil' have VERY different views on what is appropriate to spend on shoes. Amen."
    I gots ta get me a signature.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I remember them mentioning that Michelle dressed in attire that regular people could afford... I guess now that they have the regular people on their side, they're going for a more wealthy crowd... one that can afford $500 sneakers to walk their dog in

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

What? She didn't want some Air Jordans???? Come on now, Jordan was a Bull....a Chicago Bull!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

i think she overpaid

but for the Governor of Alaska running for VP it does.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    but for the Governor of Alaska running for VP it does.
    Heh.